1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cutler & Gross 0851 to replace Ray-Ban Aviators: Opinions?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Apr 9, 2009.

1. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well, here they are:

[​IMG]

I'm prepared for the slaughter. Better or worse than the aviators?

2. Chips

Chips Senior member

Worse now that we see them on you. The frames thickness near your temples isn't flattering. Nor is the shape in general.

3. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

They're not bad, but with your hair like that and the facial expression, they make you look sortof like Kim Jong Il.

1 person likes this.
  4. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Senior member

Worse now that we see them on you. The frames thickness near your temples isn't flattering. Nor is the shape in general.

+1

The lack of uniform thickness, esp. near the temples makes them look feminine ...

5. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

I like, but then I also like non-conventional frames..

My only critique which is not frame related is your hair style - but I assume you have the thicker/corse ASHIN hair which is not the best to manage.

Well retired heeled dictators is THE LOOK!

6. Profacio

Profacio Well-Known Member

Well, here they are:

[​IMG]

I'm prepared for the slaughter. Better or worse than the aviators?

Definitely an upgrade from the aviators, whose proportions I always felt didn't work well with your face. Well done.

7. cchen

cchen Senior member

I think it looks horrible and feminine. Not that the aviators were any better....

8. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Seems like it doesn't fit well. There is a gap between your bridge and the frame, kind of like a collar gap on a suit.

9. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Love them. Kind of retro.

10. mafoofan

Seems like it doesn't fit well. There is a gap between your bridge and the frame, kind of like a collar gap on a suit.

Unfortunately, that's going to be the case with almost any pair of glasses. Asian noses don't tend to have much of a bridge to begin with.

11. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

How do Wayfarers fit on you?

12. cchen

cchen Senior member

Unfortunately, that's going to be the case with almost any pair of glasses.

that's not true at all. go to a good optician. they will find you a style that fits well. Moscot has been incredibly helpful

13. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Unfortunately, that's going to be the case with almost any pair of glasses. Asian noses don't tend to have much of a bridge to begin with.

You can try some Japanese brands, they usually have tighter bridges to fit Asian faces. Not sure where in New York will have them though.

14. mafoofan

How do Wayfarers fit on you?

Terribly. Way too narrow, even the largest ones.

that's not true at all. go to a good optician. they will find you a style that fits well. Moscot has been incredibly helpful

My regular eyeglasses are bespoke and minimize the gap, but I wasn't about to spend that much on sunglasses.

15. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

They look like something a washed up female celebrity would wear to hide her prescription drug addiction.

16. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

They are very Kim Jong Il.

17. cchen

cchen Senior member

even if an optician doesn't have the brand or style that fits you, i'm sure some of the high-end ones could recommend the brands that would fit best.

h optics in LES carries a few higher end european designers, as do chinatown shops. what about oliver peoples? i've always had a tough time finding sunglasses that fit my face and i've found several from OP that fit well

18. mafoofan

They look like something a washed up female celebrity would wear to hide her prescription drug addiction.

I'm glad you like them. Better or worse than looking like a communist dictator?

19. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

I thought they are wrinkle-shades [​IMG]

20. mafoofan

even if an optician doesn't have the brand or style that fits you, i'm sure some of the high-end ones could recommend the brands that would fit best.

h optics in LES carries a few higher end european designers, as do chinatown shops. what about oliver peoples? i've always had a tough time finding sunglasses that fit my face and i've found several from OP that fit well

Trust me, I've tried a lot of sunglasses. Don't forget that I have a large, wide face. Glasses with narrower bridges tend to be smaller and narrower overall, too.