• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Wooden Chest for my Saphir Products

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
First photos of the crafting of my new chest to house shoe shine products including my Saphir collection and various brushes has begun. I will share some photos from Brandon Rudin, the craftsman I commissioned for the project. He will only use joinery and wood glue to build the chest. We chose for the outer surfaces a beautiful medium brown curly maple, a fairly rare wood.

The basic design is a simple chest with arched feet and a single drawer on the bottom for six Saphir glass containers and six round wax tins. The upper part of the chest will be a deep square to hold brushes and final shine cloths.

Here are some photos of the drawer being constructed this week. The vise is shown while gluing a walnut butcher block for the drawer bottom.

Brandon's website is here. http://www.bsrwoodworks.com

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
And finally for now, here is the wood used (on the right). The wood on the left is the more common blonde curly maple.
IMG_0543.jpeg

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Some great photos came in from Brandon showing an almost completed product. We are going to add a small brushed nickel knob on the drawer. And we are going to bevel the middle sides of the lid to make lifting up a little easier.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 20
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 20
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 42
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 43

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Dimensions are 15 1/2 inches wide x 12 3/4 inches deep x 11 inches tall.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I'm jealous! Where in your home will you keep it?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Looks great. I'm jealous! Where in your home will you keep it?

Thank you!

Not sure on location. Originally thought the closet but I may want to show it off more given the appearance. Maybe my home office...

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good stuff!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow. Great stuff. I took a short cut and used a pistol storage box.

Is that a pistol storage box? I have the same box and thought it was for machinists/ hobbyists

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a pistol storage box? I have the same box and thought it was for machinists/ hobbyists
It is for firearms. They’re manufactured in Ohio and they have a web page where you can see their intended use.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is for firearms. They’re manufactured in Ohio and they have a web page where you can see their intended use.

Link please?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan