• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Netvine

Reaction score
Hi guys, need your help. Trying to get my buddy converted to Whites especially during the BF sale. I’m striking out on Whites and Bakers website. I need to find him a 6-8” boot with a steel toe and meditarsal guard. I am pretty sure I have seen this makeup before (thought it was lineman) but can’t seem to find it.

Is this it?

discomute

Reaction score
I know this is referencing a conversation from a week ago, but I found these and I think they're pretty good.

Attachments

• Light-Brown-Shoes-Coordination-Graphic-Bespoke-Unit-1.jpg
    Light-Brown-Shoes-Coordination-Graphic-Bespoke-Unit-1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Dark-Brown-Shoes-Coordination-Graphic-Bespoke-Unit_1.jpg
    Dark-Brown-Shoes-Coordination-Graphic-Bespoke-Unit_1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Black-Shoes-Coordination-Graphic-Bespoke-Unit.jpg
    Black-Shoes-Coordination-Graphic-Bespoke-Unit.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 177

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Re: Waxed Flesh care.

I waxed the inner heel counter of my BH’s with Lincoln’s neautral wax polish & did the right boot with VSC as suggested in other forums. It’s only been a few weeks with limited wear but would like to continue learning/documenting caring for this leather.

Left = Lincoln’s, Right = VSC
9FFD97E1-0C31-4685-93AE-D13E666A5828.jpeg

70D7FF0B-B285-44FC-9713-C5A00B8B9CC8.jpeg

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Here’s some more shots after lightly dapping up the boots. Still Lincoln’s wax for the left boot & VSC on the right. The Lincoln goes on much easier & the VSC requires a lot of brushing to bring out an equal shine:

2DF85BB6-9FA9-4829-BD5D-31D71988008E.jpeg

C3A74A41-7E03-4E5E-B519-0AA524B9A1A4.jpeg

C0DA0F01-3F08-41E5-A15D-F90F5418A5C8.jpeg

0CDD8FFC-CC69-4FDE-8CC6-4D7BD972354F.jpeg

Attachments

• A8AEAA38-4295-495C-B32A-398DCE2C7AAB.jpeg
    A8AEAA38-4295-495C-B32A-398DCE2C7AAB.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 175

Sledge42

Reaction score
Re: Waxed Flesh care.

I waxed the inner heel counter of my BH’s with Lincoln’s neautral wax polish & did the right boot with VSC as suggested in other forums. It’s only been a few weeks with limited wear but would like to continue learning/documenting caring for this leather.

I will soon have my second pair of "Waxed Flesh" boots also and concur with the wanting to know the proper care regimen for this type of leather. My Cinnamon Waxed has yet to need any, and my Olive Waxed will be added to the stable upon completion.

There is not a lot out there about proper care, so this would be quite helpful if we were able to find or create a guide of some sort.

Rolanberry

Reaction score
I will soon have my second pair of "Waxed Flesh" boots also and concur with the wanting to know the proper care regimen for this type of leather. My Cinnamon Waxed has yet to need any, and my Olive Waxed will be added to the stable upon completion.

There is not a lot out there about proper care, so this would be quite helpful if we were able to find or create a guide of some sort.

Phalanx

Reaction score
First snow of the year + plus first time polishing this pair. Couldn’t resist snapping a pic:cheers:

View attachment 1291248

Is that Burgundy Chromexcel?

In other news, I asked Kyle if you can get a combination last on the MP boot and a few other questions:

A heel grip or heel clamp is when we tighten up the heel counter and suck that area in. A grind and ease is when we shave down the insole a bit to create more area in the 5th met area.

We can do a combo last on the MP as well, just have that $50 single fit fee.

So that's really good to know. When I'm ready for my next pair of boots I'll likely do this.

Last edited:

Turns31

Reaction score
Just took delivery of these absolutely gorgeous Main Street boots from White's. Holy cow are they fire. ? I love my Semi-Dress boots but it's great to see White's take the refinement thing just one step further. This is the British Tan CXL. Now I want a pair of the Otto Derby...

View attachment 1288065
How do they fit vs some of your other boots/shoes. I really want a pair but their sizing recommendation makes me hesitant.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If thats burgundy cxl @hoppy_IPA I'm glad that the boot I ordered during the sale is the same leather.. looks fantastic with that wear you have on yours! Can't wait for them to get here.

Turns31

Reaction score
@sambam Probably going to order a couple of Main Streets today but the sizing still scares me. I sent in my tracing and measurements and you guys suggested 9C and Kyle suggested 9.5C. If I get the 9C from you guys and they're too small could I exchange them for a 9.5C? I just don't want to be stuck with too small of boots since they'll be MTO.

sambam

Reaction score
@sambam Probably going to order a couple of Main Streets today but the sizing still scares me. I sent in my tracing and measurements and you guys suggested 9C and Kyle suggested 9.5C. If I get the 9C from you guys and they're too small could I exchange them for a 9.5C? I just don't want to be stuck with too small of boots since they'll be MTO.
Yes. We will make it right if they don't fit. We always do.

Turns31

Reaction score
Anyone have any cap toe Main Streets in British Tan or Nat CXL? Can only find pics online for the calf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads