• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turns31

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Main Streets have a cork filler in the sole? Trying to compare them apples to apples with the competition.

sambam

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Main Streets have a cork filler in the sole? Trying to compare them apples to apples with the competition.
Yes we do. We don't cork all the way back because we fill the void with a leather shank. I have other brands in my office built on the same last, or very similar, and when you use a steel shank, you feel no arch support. Where as ours, you feel just enough which is perfect for dress boots.

Attachments

• cork 1.jpg
    cork 1.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 257

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Do you guys know if the basic changes you can make on Baker's make them non-exchangeable? (e.g. removing the logos) The tracing gave a size that makes no sense, certainly my fault, so Kyle advised me to go by my Iron Ranger size for the MP, and I'm a bit worried about ending up with boots that won't fit right. Unfortunately nobody near me stocks White's so I can't try them on beforehand.

In other news, I'm having a hell of time deciding between cinnamon waxed flesh and natural cxl. I love the way the WF looks, but I'm not sure how much I love the look when a lot of the wax wears off, so I'd probably be re-waxing them once a year or so. Like I've said before I also don't love how cxl scuffs, but I might just put up with it for these.

Phalanx

Reaction score
Do you guys know if the basic changes you can make on Baker's make them non-exchangeable? (e.g. removing the logos) The tracing gave a size that makes no sense, certainly my fault, so Kyle advised me to go by my Iron Ranger size for the MP, and I'm a bit worried about ending up with boots that won't fit right. Unfortunately nobody near me stocks White's so I can't try them on beforehand.

In other news, I'm having a hell of time deciding between cinnamon waxed flesh and natural cxl. I love the way the WF looks, but I'm not sure how much I love the look when a lot of the wax wears off, so I'd probably be re-waxing them once a year or so. Like I've said before I also don't love how cxl scuffs, but I might just put up with it for these.

Get them to ship a try-on pair to you; it's worth it for the peace of mind

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if horsehide can be ordered unlined?
And is it still an option for custom make-ups like the BH, since I don't see it in the drop-down options?
Horsehide must be lined.
Liner color is in the drop down menus... you can pick the color, but you cannot choose to opt out.
Both HHSD and HHBH are on sale at Baker's right now.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does White's usually stock burgundy French calf?
I tried to order a pair from Bakers - it must have been a year or more ago - and I got a call that despite being shown as an option, White's was no longer stocking Burgundy or Tan French Calf, and there was no estimate if or when they would stock them again. This left me with a choice - at the time, in burgundy - of CXL or Black Cherry Water Buffalo... neither of which I wanted.

Baker's can now do Burgundy Horse, for which I have a pair of SD on order. I hope the Burgundy Horse ticks off many of the same boxes for me as Burgundy Calf. We shall see.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the current turn around time on orders. Was contemplating a BF buy for a January trip, but I'm guessing that would be cutting it too close.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
I tried to order a pair from Bakers - it must have been a year or more ago - and I got a call that despite being shown as an option, White's was no longer stocking Burgundy or Tan French Calf, and there was no estimate if or when they would stock them again. This left me with a choice - at the time, in burgundy - of CXL or Black Cherry Water Buffalo... neither of which I wanted.

Baker's can now do Burgundy Horse, for which I have a pair of SD on order. I hope the Burgundy Horse ticks off many of the same boxes for me as Burgundy Calf. We shall see.

Very excited to see what those look like once you get them. I have a pair of medallion cap toe service boots from another company with some issues that I wanted fixed. Kyle at Baker's told me that it'd need a full rebuild to do what I wanted done, and that the cost of doing so would be quite high (plus the leather might not be able to be matched). So I've been thinking of getting a different pair of "fancy boots" - I think the Main Street with a medallion cap toe could be a good replacement, and I think a nice deep burgundy that could take on a good shine might be really versatile. I really can't make up my mind about that black cherry water buffalo - sometimes it's really pretty dark brown looking and other times a bit more red. That horse might be just right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads