• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sambam

Reaction score
@sambam What does the black CXL main street look like? Contrast stitching and sole or dark?
On Black cxcel and Black FC, you can choose between natural stain and white sole thread, or black stain and black sole thread.

Attachments

• Black cxcel main st 1.jpg
    Black cxcel main st 1.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 187

sambam

Reaction score
@sambam A quick question— possible to get a 5 inch bounty Hunter rather than 6 inch?
Technically yes. But we would have to order new dies if we had a wave of orders,so my cutters wouldn't have to hand cut the tops off of every order. Would change the backstay style and pull loop as well. So I guess, not yet.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Technically yes. But we would have to order new dies if we had a wave of orders,so my cutters wouldn't have to hand cut the tops off of every order. Would change the backstay style and pull loop as well. So I guess, not yet.
Understood, thanks.

miggyramone

Reaction score
Can someone take a pic from the top of a pair of 55 last boots? I want to compare the toe shape to my 38 swing last.

Turns31

Reaction score
Just got a call from White's about my fitting. They're saying I should get a 9C in the MP boot last. I've always measured a 10D on the Brannock scale and wear 9.5D in all my Red Wings and 1000 Mile boots. Anyone else size down a full size and width in the MP boot? Just want to make sure that's not outlandish.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from White's about my fitting. They're saying I should get a 9C in the MP boot last. I've always measured a 10D on the Brannock scale and wear 9.5D in all my Red Wings and 1000 Mile boots. Anyone else size down a full size and width in the MP boot? Just want to make sure that's not outlandish.
Every foot is different... my experience is White's knows what they are doing with sizing in their lasts. Did you send actual measurements from several locations pursuant to White's instructions or just a tracing? I find the Barrie fits the same as the 55 which for me is 1/2 size shorter than my Brannock measurement.

My best sizing however short of trying on a pair in the actual last is to tell Kyle or White's that such and such a last fits well, or such and such a last rubs my toes. For instance, I can tell them I am a perfect 12E in Alden Trubalance or that a Wesco 9109 12E rubs my toes, but EE does not, or that a Red Wing #8 is 12E is too long but good in width... they can take that and size me well.

Have you also considered sending the same tracings and measurements to Bakers and see what they say?

discomute

Reaction score

If it helps, I am a US 10.5 narrow in RM Williams and both bakers and White's sized me a 10D on the MP (Barrie) last.

Of course I haven't received them to try yet, so take that for what it's worth

Turns31

Reaction score
Every foot is different... my experience is White's knows what they are doing with sizing in their lasts. Did you send actual measurements from several locations pursuant to White's instructions or just a tracing? I find the Barrie fits the same as the 55 which for me is 1/2 size shorter than my Brannock measurement.

My best sizing however short of trying on a pair in the actual last is to tell Kyle or White's that such and such a last fits well, or such and such a last rubs my toes. For instance, I can tell them I am a perfect 12E in Alden Trubalance or that a Wesco 9109 12E rubs my toes, but EE does not, or that a Red Wing #8 is 12E is too long but good in width... they can take that and size me well.

Have you also considered sending the same tracings and measurements to Bakers and see what they say?
So I actually did send in my measurements to Kyle last year as I was looking at some MPs but decided against them in the end. The measurements from then and now vary like .0x on some of the specs but that could just be the socks. He suggested a 9.5D with an instep adjustment for my low volume foot.

I sent a tracing and measurements to White's this go around as well.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I actually did send in my measurements to Kyle last year as I was looking at some MPs but decided against them in the end. The measurements from then and now vary like .0x on some of the specs but that could just be the socks. He suggested a 9.5D with an instep adjustment for my low volume foot.

I sent a tracing and measurements to White's this go around as well.
I have to tell you, I would go with Baker's on this one, especially with the instep adjustment. Going to a "C" width in a size 9 seems like a bridge too far.

miggyramone

Reaction score
Still fairly new to White's compared to others on here but I agree with everything LE has said. Kyle knows his stuff. Hell, I was so hell bent on being right I went directly to White's. Guess what? They sized me exactly the same as Kyle did. He know's his stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads