• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sledge42

Reaction score
Head's up:
Triple Aught Design is doing another run of collab MP's at $595 in Cinnamon Wax and Natural Wax. You could get these built through Bakers at $519.95, but if having that TA logo is worth $75 bones.. details are here:

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Head's up:
Triple Aught Design is doing another run of collab MP's at $595 in Cinnamon Wax and Natural Wax. You could get these built through Bakers at $519.95, but if having that TA logo is worth $75 bones.. details are here:
I remember watching a video of the owner of TAD talking about some boots and he had no clue what he was saying. It was embarrassing to watch. After that I just have a hard time taking them as a brand seriously.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of White's MP that they had a safety toe (comp or steel) added as part of their configuration? I'd love to see how that may alter the profile.

pbrmhl

Reaction score
Fall has begun in Seattle. After three or four months of wearing only Teva or Keen sandals, I've enjoyed getting back into my White's over the last several days. I've got three pair, all Semi Dress (the perfect boot, IMO, for an urban commuter/hiker), and have been focused on my most recent acquisition--Distressed Smooth. It's much less dressy than my Black Dress or my Brown Dress, and thus requires much less attention to how I walk in (I hate toe scuffs) and maintain the boots. Even though the Distressed draw attention to rain drops, and the Dress leathers don't, I'm loving the look of the Distressed Smooth.

4WBIS6tRQYyDmGbacEmcrw.jpg

P.S. Look how thick that leather is!

Sledge42

Reaction score
I remember watching a video of the owner of TAD talking about some boots and he had no clue what he was saying. It was embarrassing to watch. After that I just have a hard time taking them as a brand seriously.
I hear you on that. Luckily White's will be building these boots and he will just be imprinting the leather post-build with a logo!

sambam

Reaction score
The MP was TAD's first foray into footwear. Believe it or not, they sold more MP's on the initial launch than everybody else combined last year. They have a cult following for their products.

Here is the first pic of the prototype 50/50 last on an MP. Fit is fantastic with the MP toe and a 55 arch. Shooting for the first of the year to have the lasts in hand. Also developing a hand welted rebuildable chukka and rebuildable semi dress/main street combo boot that we will use this last on. Should be out in the spring of 20.

Attachments

• MP 5050.jpg
    MP 5050.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 383

Jsanchez

Reaction score
The MP was TAD's first foray into footwear. Believe it or not, they sold more MP's on the initial launch than everybody else combined last year. They have a cult following for their products.

Here is the first pic of the prototype 50/50 last on an MP. Fit is fantastic with the MP toe and a 55 arch. Shooting for the first of the year to have the lasts in hand. Also developing a hand welted rebuildable chukka and rebuildable semi dress/main street combo boot that we will use this last on. Should be out in the spring of 20.
Will these have the same volume in the instep as the berrie lasted mp boot?

sambam

Reaction score
Will these have the same volume in the instep as the berrie lasted mp boot?
It has more volume in the instep. More on the 55 side than the MP last side. If you have a high instep, this should fit much better than the standard MP. We are working on getting a size run in so we can do some fit testing on different size and shaped feet.

thewinedown

Reaction score
It has more volume in the instep. More on the 55 side than the MP last side. If you have a high instep, this should fit much better than the standard MP. We are working on getting a size run in so we can do some fit testing on different size and shaped feet.

I volunteer as tribute for a tester! Size 13 D...happy to provide all the feedback you need. ;)

mlwdp

Reaction score
Both of these are chromexcel.

Which one looks better?

Attachments

• 0CFE5E14-CA30-4908-9518-7CB57F1487A4.jpeg
    0CFE5E14-CA30-4908-9518-7CB57F1487A4.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 448
  • 940FAA54-1061-4D59-9286-F51CB732E10A.jpeg
    940FAA54-1061-4D59-9286-F51CB732E10A.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:

miggyramone

Reaction score
Wore my horsehide semi dress boots out on an adventure today. I've been hesitant to wear them out and was even thinking about selling them because of the heel. I was a bit insecure about how big it is but honestly? I love these boots. Got complimented twice today too!

Here's a pic of them from today (I don't usually cuff my jeans but was wearing some comfy baggy 501's, so I had to).

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my horsehide semi dress boots out on an adventure today. I've been hesitant to wear them out and was even thinking about selling them because of the heel. I was a bit insecure about how big it is but honestly? I love these boots. Got complimented twice today too!

Here's a pic of them from today (I don't usually cuff my jeans but was wearing some comfy baggy 501's, so I had to).

If you are insecure enough about the heel to consider selling your boots, what is the fact that they appear to be creasing unevenly doing to your psyche?

You might consider only walking with your left foot until the creasing catches up and they match...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads