• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have arrived: 8" Bounty Hunter in Elk Tan:

Custom White's Smoke Jumper 2332CB

Last: Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter) 55
Counter Leather: Brown Elk Tan Smooth
Toe Vamp Leather: Brown Elk Tan Smooth
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Brown Elk Tan Smooth
Leather Liner: Brown
Lace Design: Plain Toe
Pull Loops: Leather Pull Loops
Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe
Toe Cap: No Thanks
Toe Cap Leather Color: Does Not Apply- NO Toe Cap
Steel Toe: No Thanks
Hardware: Antique Eyes & Hooks (Request for 4 eyelets at bottom and speed hooks all the way up- including top)
Height: 8"
Top: Rolled Top
Midsole: Single
Sole Trim: Standard 2 Row
Edge: Brown
Heel Base: 90 Degree Blocked Off Heel (Traveler)
Heel Lifts: Standard
Sole: Commando Mini Lug Half Sole
Size - Length: 11.5
Size - Width: E
Logos/Embossing: Yes- I want standard logos and embossing
That’s a lot of good looking leather right there!

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I joined the club yesterday. I got my custom bounty hunters made of black horsehide. My hazing has begun with this break in, geez that gusseted tongue! I will follow up with specs and pictures soon.
I hear you. The Double fold of the gusset was doing a number on my ankle, so I finally cut down the tongues to make them semi-gusseted. Worked a treat. If you decide you want to do that let me know and I’ll send you pictures.

TH3515

Reaction score
That Elk Tan looks beautiful and a is pretty rare sight. It'll be interesting to see how it develops with some wear – don't forget to keep posting pictures!

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who did not know, White's new website is up...

It is flashier than the old one, full of boots with new, unfamiliar, names and newfangled options that make me want to yell at clouds. Only time will tell if we get online customization options like Baker's, current inventory levels, estimated build times, and real-time online order tracking... one can hope...

Last edited:

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is flashier than the old one, with lots of newly named boots that make me want to yell at clouds. Only time will tell if we get online customization options like Baker's, current inventory levels, estimated build times, and real-time online order tracking... one can hope...

View attachment 1236332
Wow it looks and runs much better. Echo many of your same thoughts and also hope to see a leather catalogue so see the variety of leathers they have to work with. (and maybe chamois will make an appearance in that catalouge *hint hint*)

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is flashier than the old one, with lots of newly named boots that make me want to yell at clouds. Only time will tell if we get online customization options like Baker's, current inventory levels, estimated build times, and real-time online order tracking... one can hope...

Nice quote from Gary Snyder on the site — never seen that before. But I’m drawing the line at calling any boot of mine “The Cruiser”...

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Nice quote from Gary Snyder on the site — never seen that before. But I’m drawing the line at calling any boot of mine “The Cruiser”...
Haha I was just looking at that... “oh I guess I have a pair of cruisers”

Sledge42

Reaction score
That Elk Tan looks beautiful and a is pretty rare sight. It'll be interesting to see how it develops with some wear – don't forget to keep posting pictures!
@TH3515: Thank you for the props and I will look to post some pictures with wear! I gave them their maiden voyage today.. Day 1 of... Many!!

Last edited:

Thor

Reaction score
I think this is the right thread but I am confused between the relationship between Hathorn and White's- did Whites take over the brand or something? but anyways...just picked up these Hathorn Travelers. Nice boots.

Attachments

• RPeY9tMIQZK90q7RuAOcjQ.jpg
    RPeY9tMIQZK90q7RuAOcjQ.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 274

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is the right thread but I am confused between the relationship between Hathorn and White's- did Whites take over the brand or something? but anyways...just picked up these Hathorn Travelers. Nice boots.

You are in the right place... Hathorn is a sub brand of White's... this is the difference from the horse's mouth...

I will keep it basic. Explorer line is machine lasted, goodyear welted and hand bottomed. Hathorns are hand lasted, hand bottomed, clamp down construction. Whites hand lasted, hand sewn and hand bottomed, stitchdown construction. Whites uses the best cuts of the hide. Then all the lines of boots are ran through the factory the same. The same sewers sew whites and hathorns. Its mostly just different leather grades and boot construction styles that qualifies are price points.

Nice boots... welcome to the thread...

mlwdp

Reaction score
Is White's black dress leather stronger and more resilient than their black chromexcel leather?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads