• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sledge42

Reaction score
I've read through this entire thread, and sections probably more than once in my hunt/build. I'm working on a Bounty Hunter Build. I keep running into things that block me before I can finalize the build. Maybe some of the long time members can shed some light possibly?

1. I've seen 7" BH and 8" BH. Anyone have a 7" and 8" boot (of any White's build) and tell me their thoughts on a 7" vs 8"? I have plenty of 5" and 6" boots, and wear a standard 8" Work Boot, but have never owned a 7" Boot.

2. I own a pair of MP-M1's and they are supposed to have "Gunmetal" hardware- which isn't black, it isn't nickel, and it surely isn't brown. But this color does not seem to be a choice on any build. I emailed Kyle about it- but since I only own 1 pair of White's I wonder if anyone else has "gunmetal" hardware or clarify that it may be one color vs another.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Chupacabra

Reaction score
Hey guys my four-row stitch toe caps on my SD’s arrived. I thought you’d like pics.

Last edited:

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Yeah, that looks fantastic! Subtle, but a pretty big difference from the standard ones and more casual/less busy than the brogued ones. I will earmark that for future rebuilds on my Bounty Hunters.

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
I've read through this entire thread, and sections probably more than once in my hunt/build. I'm working on a Bounty Hunter Build. I keep running into things that block me before I can finalize the build. Maybe some of the long time members can shed some light possibly?

1. I've seen 7" BH and 8" BH. Anyone have a 7" and 8" boot (of any White's build) and tell me their thoughts on a 7" vs 8"? I have plenty of 5" and 6" boots, and wear a standard 8" Work Boot, but have never owned a 7" Boot.

2. I own a pair of MP-M1's and they are supposed to have "Gunmetal" hardware- which isn't black, it isn't nickel, and it surely isn't brown. But this color does not seem to be a choice on any build. I emailed Kyle about it- but since I only own 1 pair of White's I wonder if anyone else has "gunmetal" hardware or clarify that it may be one color vs another.

Thanks in advance!

I have a pair of White’s 7” inchers, Swing Last. 7”, 8”, & 10” in other brands. And the usual pile of 5-6” boots

I’ve come to really prefer how a 7” boot snugs above the ankle a more than a 6”.

I don’t find much of a secure fit difference above 7” Other than the idea of lacing up more boot, for the whole full boot thing.

Last edited:

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standard toe cap also has its merits;-)
British Tan SDs yesterday.
As does brogue...Brown Horse SD... we are truly blessed with an embarrassment of riches when it comes to customization options... there is truly no bad choice (except for crepe soles... crepe soles are always a bad choice... sorry, but you all know deep in your heart this is true...)
IMG-2727.JPG

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Embarrassment of riches indeed! All these toe caps are outstanding. And the 4 row stitch adds another great option.

sambam

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
The gunmetal hardware was an exclusive for Huckberry. Not sure if we will get those back in.

Sledge42

Reaction score
I have a pair of White’s 7” inchers, Swing Last. 7”, 8”, & 10” in other brands. And the usual pile of 5-6” boots

I’ve come to really prefer how a 7” boot snugs above the ankle a more than a 6”.

I don’t find much of a secure fit difference above 7” Other than the idea of lacing up more boot, for the whole full boot thing.

Thanks for your insight! I know that people can only share their opinions with each other and that you may think an 8" boot is great and another person may hate one and say a 7" is best. I appreciate you chiming in on this though. All input helps with the build for sure!

Sledge42

Reaction score
The gunmetal hardware was an exclusive for Huckberry. Not sure if we will get those back in.

Thank you sir. This solves the mystery then. 2:00 AM Google picture hunting and SF Thread gallery had me going crazy.

One additional follow-up question for the board:

1. Is a Red/Canyon liner thicker than a Cream Liner? I think I read somewhere in my travels that it was thicker and may or may not be able to be used in certain builds because of a thickness difference? True or False?
(Those 2 AM Google searches have ways of playing games with your mind!)

Last edited:

sambam

Reaction score
Thank you sir. This solves the mystery then. 2:00 AM Google picture hunting and SF Thread gallery had me going crazy.

One additional follow-up question for the board:

1. Is a Red/Canyon liner thicker than a Cream Liner? I think I read somewhere in my travels that it was thicker and may or may not be able to be used in certain builds because of a thickness difference? True or False?
(Those 2 AM Google searches have ways of playing games with your mind!)
The two liners should be the same thickness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads