• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mboon85

Reaction score
The width in the vamp will stretch, eventually. I share your pain.

Not enough, probably. The bull hide returns to shape with basically zero stretch. I realize now my left food is just sort of wider than my right. If it was CXL then sure. I've worn these probably 250 times.

TH3515

Reaction score
Not enough, probably. The bull hide returns to shape with basically zero stretch.
My experience too. I ordered my black BH SDs borderline narrow and don't see any stretching no matter how long I wear them. It's really as tough as it looks. I love that leather.

Phalanx

Reaction score
My Bounty Hunters in Brown Dress arrived today!

1562342675011.jpeg IMG_20190705_163501.jpg IMG_20190705_164138.jpg

Thanks for convincing me to go soft toe guys - definitely the right choice!

thewinedown

Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of the 1/4" lowered heel? I am looking at SDs and curious what the does for the look. I'm 6' 4" already, so perhaps the lowered height would be better anyway. Appreciate your thoughts.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Those three photos managed to capture the character of that leather really well. In bright sunlight they're a rich brown, even with some red undertones popping through. In less intense light, they're a very dark, saturated brown. Then in lower light people would be surprised to know they aren't black. Really love that leather.

What are people's thoughts on laces? I have quite a lot of laces and have been swapping them around pretty regularly. I'm not sure if I'm out to settle on one set of laces for each boot or if I just want to see what looks good. I've found that my brown dress/black roughout BH look good with a pretty wide variety. Standard White's leather laces, black Guarded Goods rawhide, blue and green dyed rawhide, and White's waxed flat cotton laces (what I've got in them now) all look good. I think red laces would look great in these, too, but those have certain implications I'd rather not have to deal with. My dark brown waxed flesh MPs have fared less well in terms of lace options. I like the standard White's leather laces and the waxed flat cottons ones equally well. Black rawhide is just too subtle on these, yet the colored ones are too loud. I don't think the thin round brown laces that I believe came with my BH look great with anything.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn those brown dress bounty hunters are stellar. Did you get them through Baker's? Absolutely love the details and that leather is going to keep looking better and better. I have SD's in brown dress and the patina after years of wear is unreal.

Phalanx

Reaction score
Damn those brown dress bounty hunters are stellar. Did you get them through Baker's? Absolutely love the details and that leather is going to keep looking better and better. I have SD's in brown dress and the patina after years of wear is unreal.

Yeah, this was through Baker's. You should post pics!

I have the brown horsehide bounty hunter and these looking at these make me question my choice.

I'm going to be honest, it was a very difficult choice between this and brown horsehide but I think the brown dress is just a bit more unique and I like the deep colour of it; they're both very nice leathers though.

Just wore these out this evening and they were great. They're going to need some breaking in but I think the fit is spot on. One thing I'm really surprised by is how roomy the toebox is. My heel, instep and arch are firm in the boot but I have so much wiggle room in the toes. I'm pretty sure the fit is spot on so I imagine as the soft-toe breaks in, the toe box will conform to my foot more. I went 13EE with these; maybe a 13E would've been perfect but I imagine there's not much difference. The length of the boot is perfect.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you go, some quick shots of brown dress in full sun. Yours don't have to look this beat up, of course. These were my first White's and I do nothing to take care of the leather, just wipe with a wet cloth once a century and brush them. I keep the welts clean, though.

102_8170.JPG
102_8168.JPG

pbrmhl

Reaction score
Those Brown Dress boots are beautiful. I've never polished mine, but a tiny bit of Obenauf's with a lot of brushing does wonders for color uniformity (if that's what you're into).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads