• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TH3515

Reaction score
^ nice contrast with the red dog BH. The additional 1/4 inch on the heel is less noticeable than I would have expected. Congrats on a cool new pair of boots!

borussky

Reaction score
ihave two pair of whites. i paid for custom but my feet are easy to fit so i would probably go stock if i needed more boots.

I love mine.

most people’s feet are a half size different. Some are a full size different. that is one common reason for custom boots is so both boots fit well. i think for an upcharge you can get one of each size out of regular stock. i may be wrong on that.

I found whites todo a great job of sizing. However they had a trained rep at my local Workwhistle store. the lady who fit me knew what she was doing.

I dont think whites numbers conformed to other brands, but my boots fit great from the start.

I am carfree in Bellingham Washigton and Whites handle Bellingham winters on the bicycle quite well.

ThreeLions

Reaction score
@ThreeLions - how have these beauties been holding up? Curious how much wear you've been getting out of them and how they're looking after 8 months:cheers:

...wanted to bump this post anyways bc those pics are great to look at

I love these boots. As I suspected, with the triple sole, leather lining, and toe cap, these are the stiffest boots I've ever ordered. As such, they are laking a long time to soften or relax. I won't say break in, as they are already very comfortable.

The CXL definitely scuffs easily, but a quick bruising has removed any scuffs I've put in them.

They had a treatment with Obenauf's HDLP two days ago. They're a little darker than when new, but I love the color.

B7BlfK8.jpg

KKOmvfX.jpg

qT9Z98S.jpg

I haven't worn these boots extensively, but they get their fair share in the rotation. My White's distressed rough-out Smokejumpers get the most wear by far as I use them more for every day work boots. Those things feel like slippers.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
I haven't worn these boots extensively, but they get their fair share in the rotation. My White's distressed rough-out Smokejumpers get the most wear by far as I use them more for every day work boots. Those things feel like slippers.

those are looking great! i dig that you went with 12" boots. 10" is the tallest i have and I prefer them over my 8" work boots. They are also in Distressed (smooth) which is one of the best leathers White's has imho. I liked it so much I got a pair of SD's in it but rough out. Easily one my favorite pairs. thanks for the update

pbrmhl

Reaction score
those are looking great! i dig that you went with 12" boots. 10" is the tallest i have and I prefer them over my 8" work boots. They are also in Distressed (smooth) which is one of the best leathers White's has imho. I liked it so much I got a pair of SD's in it but rough out. Easily one my favorite pairs. thanks for the update

I’ve got three pair of White’s, all Semi Dress. Black Dress, Brown Dress and Distressed Smooth. The Brown Dress are the prettiest, but I find I baby the Black and Brown Dress boots to keep them looking fine. The Distressed I treat like real boots, and don’t worry about the leather. My next pair will be Distressed Roughout.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Distressed looks really good as roughout, I think. I'd like a pair of the lace-to-toe oxfords in that leather.

Phalanx

Reaction score
I’ve got three pair of White’s, all Semi Dress. Black Dress, Brown Dress and Distressed Smooth. The Brown Dress are the prettiest, but I find I baby the Black and Brown Dress boots to keep them looking fine. The Distressed I treat like real boots, and don’t worry about the leather. My next pair will be Distressed Roughout.

You should post a picture of them :) My order for my Brown Dress BHs will hit 4 weeks old this week; the wait is killing me.

TH3515

Reaction score
White's Facebook announced interesting fathers day prices on some of their lifestyle models (Derby, Chukka...) and 10% on all other boots. Not sure how to purchase though ... no Code and web prices unchanged...
EDIT they advised to just call their order dept. ;-)

Last edited:

TH3515

Reaction score
BTW anyone on here flying from the US into the EU (ideally Germany but any other country will be just as good) sometime during the next weeks or months and willing to carry a pair of White's in his luggage for a fellow shoe addict?

I'd have them sent to you in the US and we'll figure out a way to transfer them to me once they're in the EU - and to recompense you for your trouble.?

Zachery Zhu

Reaction score
BTW anyone on here flying from the US into the EU (ideally Germany but any other country will be just as good) sometime during the next weeks or months and willing to carry a pair of White's in his luggage for a fellow shoe addict?

I'd have them sent to you in the US and we'll figure out a way to transfer them to me once they're in the EU - and to recompense you for your trouble.?

I have no schedule travelling to EU in the near future, but I could help you shipping to EU. Are you worrying about the custom duty fee?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads