• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
I don’t mean the time to have the boots made. I’m just looking to have the conversation where I order what I want and pay.
To clarify, I meant 3 to 4 weeks for Baker’s to call about fitting.
Kyle did apologize, saying they were busy.

I was looking for swing last advice.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Also, Kyle was on the road all last week according to his Instagram. He’s the only one who does the sizing. Give em’ a ring today & leave a message for him or send him an email - he works from home sometimes so you might get a response pretty quickly. Or if you’re one of the kool kids just text him:cool2:

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, the time might be upon me soon as I enter my first real job in the field of law. :bigstar: Big four, though, so not super-stuffy, but wearing neat shoes might be expected.

No kidding... I myself am a small town country lawyer, I like to think I am in the mold of Atticus Finch, but in reality, it is more like My Cousin Vinny!

Are you an attorney? If so congrats on passing the bar... where I practice the dress code is a little more relaxed, plus I am a partner so I can pretty much do what I want, including having a beard... I have worn my White's (brown dress, cap toe) to court on multiple occasions... heck, compared to the LL Bean boots some are sporting they look downright cosmopolitan! Welcome to the bar!

pbrmhl

Reaction score
Au contaire, mon ami, I think this thread contains lots and lots of invaluable info and tips for keeping your kicks tip-top; if I ever wanted to polish my boots I would browse through the relevant posts by the likes of @Legal Eagles first.

Actually, the time might be upon me soon as I enter my first real job in the field of law. :bigstar: Big four, though, so not super-stuffy, but wearing neat shoes might be expected.

Are you referring to the Big Four in Japan? I'm reminded of a story in the Seattle Times from the late '80s, in which it was reported that the building where I worked as a lawyer in private practice housed more lawyers than the total number of practicing attorneys in Japan. Sorry, I digress.

I now serve as general counsel for a non-profit filled with employees with tattoos, piercings and hair colors not found in nature. Needless to say, my White's work just fine.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying out some brown laces:
P5043137.JPG

P5043137.JPG

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those boots look great @linafelt what leather are they? I like the tea core coming out of the tongue.

fasthall

Reaction score
Frankly, IMHO most of what he says in his review (written and video) is completely inaccurate. The 2030 is much sleeker and a more refined shaped than the MP. It's actually what spurred me to ditch my MPs as they ended up being much more of a workboot and not what I expected. I want to clarify that the MP is a fabulous, well executed and beautiful boot, but it is truly a heritage woorkboot style and not anything else.

I think it depends on the angle. I found White's barrie looks sleeker on the side while 2030 looks sleeker from the top.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads