• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gd1944

Reaction score
Great pics guys!

I think I should share some photos of the Shark Leather Smoke Jumper I ordered for my client.

Dark Brown Shark Leather Toe Vamp + Counter, Black Cherry Water Buffalo Upper, Double Midsole with Brown Edge, Vibram 430 Outsole, Brown Liner, 6" Height and Standard Heel Lifts, Double Celastic Toe Box, Semi-Dress Last, Double Stitching Trim, Nickel Hardware, Rolled Top, Cuban Heel.

Last edited:

gd1944

Reaction score

so this classic last is narrower on the tip vs. a standard semi-dress last? Also looks like it points up a bit from the side.
If so, I wish I had known 3 weeks ago when I placed an order on my semi-dress with the standard last though I supposed the standard last is not bad at all

No. It's the #461 last, same last that the classic work boot is built on. Its profile is a more upturned toe, while the fit is just like the standard Smoke Jumper last, a little more roomy than the Semi-Dress last.

Last edited:

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
contemplating a pair of oxford's in black chrome excel or black roughtout..hmmm

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No. It's the #461 last, same last that the classic work boot is built on. Its profile is a more upturned toe, while the fit is just like the standard Smoke Jumper last, a little more roomy than the Semi-Dress last.

Thanks for the clarifications. I did find several pics of the classic work boot several pages back.

gd1944

Reaction score

Thanks for the clarifications. I did find several pics of the classic work boot several pages back.

You are welcome! :)

And the Classic Dress Boot is actually a Semi-Dress built on the 461 Last, plus the option of 90 Degree Blocked Heel and Commando Mini Lug Half Sole.
The Commando Half Sole is the new thing, this half sole can only be applied with a Single Midsole, which is unique.

In fact, the Classic Work Boot and the Bounty Hunter, are both just Smoke Jumpers, built on 461 Last and Semi-Dress Last respectively. You can make any of these styles just by selecting the right specifics for a Smoke Jumper.

Last edited:

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats the lowest profile last for white's is it standard last? i'm asking because i'm going through the build a boot.

gd1944

Reaction score

whats the lowest profile last for white's is it standard last? i'm asking because i'm going through the build a boot.

I think it should be the Semi-Dress Last. And if you order a Semi-Dress, it is the Standard Last for the boot.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any site in English that show whites in different combinations?

ysb

Reaction score

I think it should be the Semi-Dress Last. And if you order a Semi-Dress, it is the Standard Last for the boot.

just saw this one on google image search. website says 851 last. Don't know if that's the standard, but the toe looks sleeker than the pair I have

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that is also a boot without any celastic toe reinforcement, in other words a soft toe. It will flatten out like that. I have a pair of rough out smokejumpers that are built that way and they have a pretty sleek toe profile because of it (the rest of the boot is anything but sleek however).

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys yea when i said standard last i was meaning the semi-dress last since i was building in semi-dress lol.

Last edited:

gd1944

Reaction score
Yes, no celastic toe box will make the toe much lower, and that doesn't require the change of last.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok for semi-dress build a boot there isn't a option for celastic toe box so guess i'm also good there. slide13 do your brown dress have celastic toe box?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all my semi-dress have had celastic toe box, my Smokejumpers and Farmer/Rancher models did not bu those were ebay scores. I prefer the celastic toe box myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads