• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bradster66

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
That is White's selling those direct. Not sure if they are just overruns or what, but I purchased my Smokejumpers and my Farmer/Ranchers from them that way and both were absolutely perfect (and purchased for about $150 each!) I always check their listings for 11 or 11.5 D boots...unfortunately not a size that comes up often.

Smokejumpers and Farmer/Ranchers for that price?! I need to check their listings more often. Well done. Agreed that those sizes are pretty uncommon unless they are EEEE or AAAA. Too many boots in the closet but I can't help it.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that price is crazy...which is why I couldn't pass up either pair when the last thing I need is more boots
smile.gif

You know..I don't know much about the bull hide or water buffalo options. They are pretty heavily textured and much thinner leathers, so much so that you have to order them w/ leather lining as I don't believe the material is quite substantial enough on its own. That is enough to really take away most of my interest, especially in a full boot in either leather. I would consider a regular leather vamp with a bull hide/water bufflo upper however. I have seen some like that and they look cool...plus a thinner leather for the upper seems comfortable without sacrificing durability like I would expect from doing the full boot that way.

The above is all speculation and hearsay however as I have never handled it in real life.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Slide,

Where can I get that same makeup of the roughout farmers-ranchers? They are incredible. I might go with black just because I wear denim so often and wouldn't want to get indigo stains. I love them. Let me know. Thanks.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call Whites or Bakers and order them up. Nobody stocks them. or, checkout the EBay auctions to see if any pop up.

makeitwork

Reaction score
Originally Posted by illumin8em
since this thread is actually getting some interest, i just want to throw out there,

if anyone has a used pair of whites in 10.5, let me know

hi- i've got a pair of whites 10.5D hightop boots, probably packers (steel toe) vibram sole, brown leather, used but not abused, kept clean/oiled (i've got several pair of Whites, love them but need to thin the herd)

if you're interested, please email me and i can send you some pics.

thanks, Reid

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Call Whites or Bakers and order them up. Nobody stocks them. or, checkout the EBay auctions to see if any pop up.

Forgive me for being a noob, but I couldn't find that makeup anywhere on either site. When I look up farmers-ranchers I get something that looks nothing like yours.

http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php...oduct_id=29871

Can you help point me in the right direction of at least what to say? For instance, what each component of your boots is? I'd really appreciate it. A PM would do.

Thanks so much.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Forgive me for being a noob, but I couldn't find that makeup anywhere on either site. When I look up farmers-ranchers I get something that looks nothing like yours.

http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php...oduct_id=29871

Can you help point me in the right direction of at least what to say? For instance, what each component of your boots is? I'd really appreciate it. A PM would do.

Thanks so much.

White's does custom boots...that is almost all they do. The pics they show are merely one representative example of their offerings. If you want the boot to look like mine order a Farmer/Rancher in brown rough out leather, single leather midsole, Vibram mini-lug outsole, tapered heel, brass hook/eyelet combo and no toe box reinforcement (if you want them just like mine). You will never find a "click to order" configuration like this but that isn't how White's works so don't expect it.

Whacky

Reaction score
Yeah I used the Bakershoe.com website to help me figure out some of the possible options that were available for the Semi Dress model.
They have a link that helps illustrate some of the possible custom options.

However, they have some other options that aren't found easily. For instance, I saw someone on the forums had their 90 degree block heel lowered by 1/4", which gave the heel a more casual look. So I asked White's for that on my custom order, and it wasn't a problem.

Can't wait to get them.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaydc7
From what people have said on SuFu go up a half size, so you'd be a 9.5D. You can always do your tracings and send them in to whites/bakers and they will match a last for your foot.

I thought I`ve read in sufu that they`re actually true to size? The Wolverine 1000 mile addison you actually size .5 - 1 down

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just checked some of my size 9 TTS boots and they are 10 1/2 inches from heel to toe internally.

Here`s a listing by whitesriver off ebay saying their 8.5 is 10 1/2 inches internally from heel to toe.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Whites-Boots-Sem...item483eadf851

Here`s their size 9 saying they`re 10 3/4 inches internally.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Whites-Boots-Sem...item3cb460e65e

So from this I gather you actually go .5 size down? Can anyone confirm? Mix answers off Sufu some saying they went their regular size, some sized up, some sized down on the SD`s
ffffuuuu.gif

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When ordering Whites, order the same boot size that you wear from Red Wings, Chippewa, Alden, Clark's desert boots, Wolverine, etc.

That's what I've found personally with my 11D size. Your mileage may vary...

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bl@ster
When odering Whites, order the same boot size that you wear from Red Wings, Chippewa, Alden, Wolverine, etc.

I own a pair of wolverine so that is the only basis I can use.
fing02[1].gif

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Whacky
I saw someone on the forums had their 90 degree block heel lowered by 1/4", which gave the heel a more casual look.

Heresy! I like the curved heel at full height -- it adds a good 1.5 inches. I'm probably nearly 6'5 wearing the things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads