• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got a pair of Whites a few months ago. Maybe I'll someday get those Bounty Hunters but for some reason I decided these really appealed to me the moment I saw them. I didn't have anything like them, so the Bounty Hunter will have to wait until another day. No break in required and since I have a pair of Nicks to break in this is a good thing.

Whites.jpg

Last edited:

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got a pair of Whites a few months ago. Maybe I'll someday get those Bounty Hunters but for some reason I decided these really appealed to me the moment I saw them. I didn't have anything like them, so the Bounty Hunter will have to wait until another day. No break in required and since I have a pair of Nicks to break in this is a good thing.

View attachment 1926387
What leathers are those?
The combo looks good

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posting another gratuitous picture of my new boots, just because I’m very happy with how they turned out, despite White’s getting a few details wrong.

I thought the leather soles might be a little too slippu, but they’re absolutely fine for every day wear. I obviously won’t wear them in winter, and will have to be careful on wet floors, but otherwise it’s good.
054AF5F7-6058-4191-A9A4-109848284111.jpeg

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posting another gratuitous picture of my new boots, just because I’m very happy with how they turned out, despite White’s getting a few details wrong.

I thought the leather soles might be a little too slippu, but they’re absolutely fine for every day wear. I obviously won’t wear them in winter, and will have to be careful on wet floors, but otherwise it’s good.
View attachment 1926687
Nice. So what did they get wrong if you don't mind me asking and did you talk to customer service about it?

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. So what did they get wrong if you don't mind me asking and did you talk to customer service about it?
Thanks. I ordered these at an MTO event at Division Rd in Virginia -- a really nice day, including lots of time shooting the breeze with Eric Kenney, White's CEO.

I had requested a lowered heel, built in the new "blogger" style, which is a nice compromise between the block and the logger heel, pretty close to a Viberg 310 heel if you've seen those. What I got instead was a standard height (not lowered) standard block heel (not blogger). I let Division Rd know and they immediately said they and White's would make it right, and they have sent me a pre-paid shipping label, so excellent customer service from both. But now I am sort of torn -- the heel height seems okay to me (though I do like lower, as I am a "heel striker" when I walk), and I am not sure it is worth the trouble to everyone and the wait just for the aesthetics of the heel... So, I may just keep them as is.

The big difference between these boots and a standard Bounty Hunter is the lower shaft height (5", really more like 4.5" rather than 6"). When they first came out of the box it looked slightly odd to me, because I am so used to my old BH's, but in about 2 minutes I was used to it and now I am really happy I got it that way (and that White's accommodated the request).

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I ordered these at an MTO event at Division Rd in Virginia -- a really nice day, including lots of time shooting the breeze with Eric Kenney, White's CEO.

I had requested a lowered heel, built in the new "blogger" style, which is a nice compromise between the block and the logger heel, pretty close to a Viberg 310 heel if you've seen those. What I got instead was a standard height (not lowered) standard block heel (not blogger). I let Division Rd know and they immediately said they and White's would make it right, and they have sent me a pre-paid shipping label, so excellent customer service from both. But now I am sort of torn -- the heel height seems okay to me (though I do like lower, as I am a "heel striker" when I walk), and I am not sure it is worth the trouble to everyone and the wait just for the aesthetics of the heel... So, I may just keep them as is.

The big difference between these boots and a standard Bounty Hunter is the lower shaft height (5", really more like 4.5" rather than 6"). When they first came out of the box it looked slightly odd to me, because I am so used to my old BH's, but in about 2 minutes I was used to it and now I am really happy I got it that way (and that White's accommodated the request).
Cool, mistakes happen but as long as they are willing to do whatever it takes to make it right then you really can't ask for anything more. Been there myself, sometimes what I thought was a good idea isn't always as good as something else.

I got mine also from Division Road. I kind had my eye on a custom makeup from Bakers but doing it that way all of the sudden meant a $700 boot would be a $930 boot. I've actually spent more on boots previously, but somehow I'm having more problems with this one. Besides there's nothing very special when it comes to the leather as it's a CXL boot..

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I thought.

CINNAMON WAXED FLESH & NATURAL CXL
I thought I had enough boots but after seeing this, I guess not 😂

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I had enough boots but after seeing this, I guess not 😂
Too funny. I haven’t purchased any boots for the last 4 or 5 years. i just ended up getting three boots in the last few months. All boots I had considered for the longest time but didn’t just because I already have more than I can possibly wear. A Nicks, this White’s and another Viberg. Now it might be best if I avoid Styleforum for awhile. LOL

andy b.

Reaction score

Are you certain about the heel? My pair of BH have about 5 pieces of leather in the heel stack. Yours look like about 2.
With that leather midsole and thick leather outsole, that looks lowered to me.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you certain about the heel? My pair of BH have about 5 pieces of leather in the heel stack. Yours look like about 2.
With that leather midsole and thick leather outsole, that looks lowered to me.
Pretty sure. I’ve worn for ten years a pair of BH’s with a lowered heel and at first sight these looked taller. My old ones have the same midsole thickness as the new ones, but have two flats in the heel whereas the new ones have three flats.

WestLinn

Reaction score
Too funny. I haven’t purchased any boots for the last 4 or 5 years. i just ended up getting three boots in the last few months. All boots I had considered for the longest time but didn’t just because I already have more than I can possibly wear. A Nicks, this White’s and another Viberg. Now it might be best if I avoid Styleforum for awhile. LOL
I feel the same way, I've added a few lately that I don't really need. I may be placing a pair or two up for sale.

Lonebull

Reaction score
just got my white's brothers custom 6" cougar boots. ordered them from Kyle at bakers boots...very comfortable right out of the box. i needed boots i can walk in the city all day...these are them...nothing fancy, just a basic black boot with the comfortable vibram sole. best boot of the 13 i already have... awesome!
zzzz.jpg
zzz.jpg
z.jpg
zz.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads