• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jimk4003

Reaction score
Which one did you get?
Aero leather jackets
I went for a Board Racer.

I'd gone in looking for a Cafe Racer, but they're quite short in the body, and have broad shoulders that taper quite dramatically to the waist. Since I have quite narrow shoulders, the Board Racer, which is narrower across but with a slightly longer body, worked better.

It's a lovely jacket, though it'll need a bit of breaking in. At the moment it can literally stand up on its own, and watching me put it on is like watching a seal trying to put on a backpack.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went for a Board Racer.

I'd gone in looking for a Cafe Racer, but they're quite short in the body, and have broad shoulders that taper quite dramatically to the waist. Since I have quite narrow shoulders, the Board Racer, which is narrower across but with a slightly longer body, worked better.

It's a lovely jacket, though it'll need a bit of breaking in. At the moment it can literally stand up on its own, and watching me put it on is like watching a seal trying to put on a backpack.
Great choice!
I like “Hercules” too.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird thing is, I don't actually own any casual black boots!

My attitude is that black leather jackets are pretty timeless, and go with anything.
No, you need black White's boots, Brother!
Let's get some black HH from Baker's, I will come to Scotland and we can walk like this
Malcolm X walk

Jimk4003

Reaction score
Great choice!
I like “Hercules” too.
Just to show I wasn't exaggerating when I said it could stand up on its own:

PXL_20220518_194215074.PORTRAIT_3.jpg

It's ludicrously thick leather for a jacket. I love it!

Jimk4003

Reaction score

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If either of you are considering careers as financial advisors, don't.
Of course not, I am a poor Software Engineer!
🤣🤣

Jimk4003

Reaction score
watching me put it on is like watching a seal trying to put on a backpack.
Also to clarify this point, obviously I'm referring to the semi-aquatic mammal. I have no reason to believe the creative powerhouse behind 'Kiss from a Rose' has ever struggled with putting on a backpack.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also to clarify this point, obviously I'm referring to the semi-aquatic mammal. I have no reason to believe the creative powerhouse behind 'Kiss from a Rose' has ever struggled with putting on a backpack.
I wouldn't mind becoming semi-aquatic if it will get me a girl like Heidi Klum!

Last edited:

RockyMountain22

Reaction score
Same here brother! Would gladly exchange any last for a 690-695. Fell into one of each from a distinguished member here. Snagged a vintage 695 whites also. Interesting enough, all three are my brannock size. Where as it’s usually half size down on other lasts.

Chiming in, all my boots are in the same 11.5B sizing taken from White's measurement tracings.

The various last models include 4811, 55 and the vaunted 690 in various heights, insulated and non versions plus many different leathers.

Cheers,

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chiming in, all my boots are in the same 11.5B sizing taken from White's measurement tracings.

The various last models include 4811, 55 and the vaunted 690 in various heights, insulated and non versions plus many different leathers.

Cheers,
same here, same size in every last I ordered 55, 690, 695.

Scooterputtputt

Reaction score

Cheers,
That’s interesting on the sizing. Good to know that works for you and chicago. Mine range 11d to 12d.

RockyMountain22

Reaction score
Every now and again, will peruse the usual suspects for closeout bargains, ala WhitesRiver, Bakers, White's, et al., almost never finding my size.

Came across pristine pair of 10" back leather FR (4811 last) for sale on another forum ... in my size ... and had to snag them.

Beautiful condition with essentially zero wear, for 1/3 the price with shipping, expecting them to arrive tomorrow.

Finding anything in my size is the Universe's way of waving a big flag saying Opportunity Here.

Will not consider boots that are already broken in / worn in, but these looked like they were barely worn across the yard then put away. Not even any scuffs on the leather, no heel wear.

And if I can score a pair for 2/3 off the current bootflation price, and wait less than a week vs 20 weeks, I say deal!

There are still bargains out there to be sure, just a bit more rare in the finding.

Maybe these will fill the hole until the 690 Packers arrive.

Cheers,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads