• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

geremy

Reaction score
I have no idea yet :rotflmao:

I have a similar pair in White’s Custom Cougar by Bakers with the Northwest last and red dog roughout. They are 6” height with rolled top. I wear them with almost everything! :cool: My favorite boots for sure. Seeing your pics make me with I had gone lace-to-toe!

I also wear the same size in the Northwest and 55 lasts.

whipcord

Reaction score
Those are a custom build. There are a ton of options if you go to the Baker's site to build a custom White's Bounty Hunter. There are a few things on those boots that aren't listed there, like the leather and the wedge sole. You'd have to get in touch with Baker's directly for those kinds of options. You can also custom order directly from White's, but the website doesn't really have any way to put in a custom order - you have to give them a call.

Thank you. I like the double stitching on the cap toe, unperforated, and also the shape of the last. It's a nice, rounded toe. Almond toe shoes don't fit my feet very well since I have a foot that's kind of straight across instead of tapered. The wedge sole isn't that important to me as I already have a few pair.

PS - The Baker custom White's build page doesn't even offer the "Northwest Last," which he said they are built on, only "Semi Dress."

Properwawa

Reaction score
Thank you. I like the double stitching on the cap toe, unperforated, and also the shape of the last. It's a nice, rounded toe. Almond toe shoes don't fit my feet very well since I have a foot that's kind of straight across instead of tapered. The wedge sole isn't that important to me as I already have a few pair.

PS - The Baker custom White's build page doesn't even offer the "Northwest Last," which he said they are built on, only "Semi Dress."
This pair is built on the Swing last. I hammered out all the custom details with Kyle, then placed the order through the Bounty Hunter page, writing out the full build details in the comments section.

whipcord

Reaction score
This pair is built on the Swing last. I hammered out all the custom details with Kyle, then placed the order through the Bounty Hunter page, writing out the full build details in the comments section.

I'm sorry, I confused your boots with this other post below. The boots looked the same to me.

Wasn’t planning on using the false tongues that came with my most recent pair, so decided to make a watch strap from them. Also updating quickly with the boots. They’ve already taken me up a tree to rescue a cat. Good times!
View attachment 1734183 View attachment 1734184 View attachment 1734185 View attachment 1734186

wordfool

Reaction score
Quick question (apropos of nothing)... has anyone bought additional kilties from White's or Baker's, and if so how much were they a pair? I forgot to specify kilties in the same leather as the custom tongues on a couple pairs of BHs. Alternatively, if anyone has kilties in black smooth or red dog smooth that they don't need, I'd be happy to discuss a price!

plugugly88

Reaction score
Is the fit at your heel snug or roomy ?
At the big toe area is does the boot feel tight or just a little bit snug/firm ?
The heel is fine, the big toe area is firm, more than snug where I can hardly wiggle my toes. The left side pinky is hitting the front/side of the boot.

montanamike

Reaction score
Quick question (apropos of nothing)... has anyone bought additional kilties from White's or Baker's, and if so how much were they a pair? I forgot to specify kilties in the same leather as the custom tongues on a couple pairs of BHs. Alternatively, if anyone has kilties in black smooth or red dog smooth that they don't need, I'd be happy to discuss a price!
I haven't purchased them but was hooked up with a few in store simply for asking about it.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I’m following up on post I made from December. The issue was that my left custom bounty hunter from bakers was definitely too tight, like more than a firm grip. You all mentioned I should get in touch with bakers, so I did. It was a painless process, they’re professionals and a pleasure to work with, as I’ve seen throughout the whole custom boot process. They said they’d fix them to adjust the left boot to match my right, to increase the width in the ball (possibly adjust the last(?).

So now, I’m asking for help once again, I’m hoping to get a little re-assurance. Just received the boots back from bakers today, and I tried them on, and it’s just about the same as they were. If anything, there’s a marginal difference, but I’m still feeling a kung fu grip in my left foot, whereas the right boot is perfect - and it’s usually the opposite with most boots.

My pinky toe visibly is jutting into the out side of the boot and my inner part of the foot is squeezed inward.
Do I just go back to bakers and tell them? Do I just try to break these horsehides in? Has anyone experienced having to attempt to adjust boot with them twice? I’ll attach some pics for reference.

thanks in advance,
c
I would take the boots to your local cobbler and have them professionally stretched... just make sure you do not watch what they are going to do to your precious boots... they can likely spot stretch the pressure points... a professional can do far more than the cheap shoe stretchers you can buy on Amazon...

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any updates from all the folks who took the plunge on ordering 695 last boots?
I wouldn't call it the "plunge" ? I got both 690 and 695 and the arch support is significantly more than 55 last. I haven't gotten any chance to wear them outside! Working from home full time and the booster shot didn't like my body lol.

DG123

Reaction score
Does the White's Semi Dress model with brown dress upper fit remain the same after months/years of use or does the fit loosen a bit (like CXL upper boots tend to do) ? Thanks.

FutureComesToday

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it the "plunge" ? I got both 690 and 695 and the arch support is significantly more than 55 last. I haven't gotten any chance to wear them outside! Working from home full time and the booster shot didn't like my body lol.
Thanks. I have a BF order in on the 695's.

Recently I had a pair of 350 Cruisers rebuilt and White's ended up rebuilding the 4811 (must have been a mistake and I've let it slide); toe bubble more pronounced, arch a little higher, fit differently from all other 55s I have. If the 695 is more than the 4811, and it appears so, I'm concerned that maybe I'm taking them one step too far. My use case is mostly casual, I'm not using these as a work boot.

klank74

Reaction score
Does the White's Semi Dress model with brown dress upper fit remain the same after months/years of use or does the fit loosen a bit (like CXL upper boots tend to do) ? Thanks.
I’ve had my SD’s in brown dress for almost a year and a half now. No stretching for me, and I like to lace mine fairly snug. If anything, the fit has only gotten better as they broke in. The space between the sides of the vamp when laces are pulled tight has remained the same since new. Mine are lined. I don’t know if that makes a difference or not.

DG123

Reaction score
I’ve had my SD’s in brown dress for almost a year and a half now. No stretching for me, and I like to lace mine fairly snug. If anything, the fit has only gotten better as they broke in. The space between the sides of the vamp when laces are pulled tight has remained the same since new. Mine are lined. I don’t know if that makes a difference or not.

I don't what you mean by "sides of the vamp". Are you referring to the space between the eyelet stays when the boot is laced ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads