• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Properwawa

Reaction score
Wow those look amazing. What leather? I don't own enough different pairs to do something so wild but those look crazy good. Do you have on-foot photos?
Here’s a quick post-work snap in my front hall, hope it’s what you were looking for?
A396FFE5-F924-47A2-95E9-C3CF85DE751D.jpeg
D55D12DA-F088-4896-B8A6-F28935A33ABD.jpeg

klugtrane

Reaction score
I got the same advice, however I ended up sticking with the same size as on the 55 and I'm happy that I did. I find the fit to be very comfortable, maybe even rivaling the 55. Be warned though - these will make your White's boots seem lightweight, somehow... The weight is remarkable.

Yes, completely agree on both points, that 1) upsizing from the 55 to the NW is a bad idea, and that 2) the oxfords are incredibly heavy.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

klugtrane

Reaction score
I always thought Oxfords would be lighter than boots?

I have a commando sole and leather heel stack on mine, and they are heavier than both pairs of my SD's. No joke. The heel is wider on the NW than on a 55 there's more leather there, and when you think about it, there's not much weight in an upper.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stevens Cap Toe on 5050 in Horween Burgundy Horsehide.
20220114_152209.jpg
20220114_152001.jpg
20220114_151920.jpg
20220114_151941.jpg

plugugly88

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I’m following up on post I made from December. The issue was that my left custom bounty hunter from bakers was definitely too tight, like more than a firm grip. You all mentioned I should get in touch with bakers, so I did. It was a painless process, they’re professionals and a pleasure to work with, as I’ve seen throughout the whole custom boot process. They said they’d fix them to adjust the left boot to match my right, to increase the width in the ball (possibly adjust the last(?).

So now, I’m asking for help once again, I’m hoping to get a little re-assurance. Just received the boots back from bakers today, and I tried them on, and it’s just about the same as they were. If anything, there’s a marginal difference, but I’m still feeling a kung fu grip in my left foot, whereas the right boot is perfect - and it’s usually the opposite with most boots.

My pinky toe visibly is jutting into the out side of the boot and my inner part of the foot is squeezed inward.
Do I just go back to bakers and tell them? Do I just try to break these horsehides in? Has anyone experienced having to attempt to adjust boot with them twice? I’ll attach some pics for reference.

thanks in advance,
c

Attachments

• A7AF1782-A855-4902-808E-D21E444BDDBA.jpeg
    A7AF1782-A855-4902-808E-D21E444BDDBA.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 63
  • F7A6C4DC-A758-4EC8-B751-EA4382E9DD3D.jpeg
    F7A6C4DC-A758-4EC8-B751-EA4382E9DD3D.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 6D4574B7-0005-482A-B992-E33A3DE92035.jpeg
    6D4574B7-0005-482A-B992-E33A3DE92035.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 185

Phalanx

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I’m following up on post I made from December. The issue was that my left custom bounty hunter from bakers was definitely too tight, like more than a firm grip. You all mentioned I should get in touch with bakers, so I did. It was a painless process, they’re professionals and a pleasure to work with, as I’ve seen throughout the whole custom boot process. They said they’d fix them to adjust the left boot to match my right, to increase the width in the ball (possibly adjust the last(?).

So now, I’m asking for help once again, I’m hoping to get a little re-assurance. Just received the boots back from bakers today, and I tried them on, and it’s just about the same as they were. If anything, there’s a marginal difference, but I’m still feeling a kung fu grip in my left foot, whereas the right boot is perfect - and it’s usually the opposite with most boots.

My pinky toe visibly is jutting into the out side of the boot and my inner part of the foot is squeezed inward.
Do I just go back to bakers and tell them? Do I just try to break these horsehides in? Has anyone experienced having to attempt to adjust boot with them twice? I’ll attach some pics for reference.

thanks in advance,
c

Is it possible your left foot is wider than your right? Perhaps you need a wider size on the left foot.

DG123

Reaction score
Hey gang,

thanks in advance,
c
Is the fit at your heel snug or roomy ?
At the big toe area is does the boot feel tight or just a little bit snug/firm ?

iamntbatman

Reaction score
After asking you about those boots, I went onto White's website and could not find them or anything about them/how to build them, etc.

Those are a custom build. There are a ton of options if you go to the Baker's site to build a custom White's Bounty Hunter. There are a few things on those boots that aren't listed there, like the leather and the wedge sole. You'd have to get in touch with Baker's directly for those kinds of options. You can also custom order directly from White's, but the website doesn't really have any way to put in a custom order - you have to give them a call.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads