• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WestLinn

Reaction score
Yeah, NFTs are a bit baffling. I sometimes assume they’re vehicles created by dodgy dealers to lure clueless crypto investors to spend their (probably unreported) gains. Sometimes it all just seems like a big digital circle jerk.

I don’t imagine there’ll be a big secondary market in years to come for all the strange NFTs now being sold, but then I’m part of the old curmudgeon club, too, so what do I know?!

Boots? Now they’re fungible! Sort of.

Anyone who uses the word fungible gets a TU from me. Now I might faint if I see "ceteris paribus" or "pari passu" used.

I'm currently waiting for my fungible Packers to be delivered. lol I also just bought some Line Cutters from Drew's. I assume they are fungible as well. Haha. I think they are pari passu quality wise.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boots? Now they’re fungible! Sort of.
Shows how much I know... this is the only fungibility I am familiar with vis a vis boots:
1638453160896.png

montanamike

Reaction score
Anyone who uses the word fungible gets a TU from me. Now I might faint if I see "ceteris paribus" or "pari passu" used.

I'm currently waiting for my fungible Packers to be delivered. lol I also just bought some Line Cutters from Drew's. I assume they are fungible as well. Haha. I think they are pari passu quality wise.

Does Drew's offer the 38 last? After 20 some years in Whites my 38 last trial balloon arrives tomorrow after 6 months in process.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@montanamike
20 years in White's!!
Do you feel White's quality has declined over the years?

montanamike

Reaction score
@montanamike
20 years in White's!!
Do you feel White's quality has declined over the years?
That is a broad question and my experience is limited to twenty some pairs. I would say the game has changed as it used to be six or eight styles in a couple colors. My guess with no evidence to support it is the quality is more or less the same but the options available are too great now which buggers up production.

My first pair in 1991 was amazing.. my 2nd pair in 94 or 95 developed a massive squeak Whites wouldn't help with. That has been the pattern for me... pure perfection followed by an agonizing whiff.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a broad question and my experience is limited to twenty some pairs. I would say the game has changed as it used to be six or eight styles in a couple colors. My guess with no evidence to support it is the quality is more or less the same but the options available are too great now which buggers up production.

My first pair in 1991 was amazing.. my 2nd pair in 94 or 95 developed a massive squeak Whites wouldn't help with. That has been the pattern for me... pure perfection followed by an agonizing whiff.
Dude... 1991 was 30 years ago... I know... I know... we are old...

When I hear "30 years ago"... I still think 1970...

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like that you waited three, four years to get your second pair. I wish I had similar self control.

@Legal Eagles I am slightly younger than you, a couple days ago an old friend asked if I remember the early to mid 90s.
Fun times but hated being poor!!

Last edited:

montanamike

Reaction score
Dude... 1991 was 30 years ago... I know... I know... we are old...

When I hear "30 years ago"... I still think 1970...
It was
I like that you waited three, four years to get your second pair. I wish I had similar self control.
@Legal Eagle I am slightly younger than you, a couple days ago an old friend asked if I remember the early to mid 90s.
Fun times but hated being poor!!
In 1991 I was a 19 year old firefighter in western Montana. A 2nd pair of boots was aspirational only at that time. My dad did his entire career in the forest service on 2 pairs rotated daily over 30 plus years. One pair is still in part time use from a maternity visit for me (albeit with a couple rebuilds and some number of resoles)

Legal Eagle

Reaction score
Ok, I am not sure what is going on, but I am getting e-mails saying I was tagged in posts. I am Legal_Eagle without the "s". Been on here since 2012, although not too active.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am not sure what is going on, but I am getting e-mails saying I was tagged in posts. I am Legal_Eagle without the "s". Been on here since 2012, although not too active.
I am the culprit ?
Welcome back!

Legal Eagle

Reaction score
All good. May get a bit confusing, though. Only kidding, but it's kind of like in Office Space where character Michael Bolton says, 'Why should I have to change my name; he's the one that sucks." ? I also don't own any White's, but I do have a cool pair of SS x Wesco engineer boots that my wife absolutely hates!?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Legal Eagle No!!!! You need to get a pair of White's!!! Bounty Hunters or my new favorite Packers!!

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Legal Eagle are you an attorney?
The "other" @Legal Eagles is a hot shot east coast attorney!!
I am probably the only poor Software Engineer in these neck of the woods!!

Legal Eagle

Reaction score
Bountys are nice. What started as a name handle clarification, may end up costing me money. Doh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads