• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Just got my new pair in, specs below:

White’s Rambler (sorry LE ?)
Last: Swing
Leather: Navy horse rump by Maryam
Leather Liner: Cream
Lace Design: Plain Toe
Pull Loops: No Thanks
Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe
Toe Cap: Leather Toe Cap 4 row stitching
Stitching: contrast stitching-khaki
Steel Toe: No Thanks
Hardware: Brass Eyes & Hooks
Top: Rolled Top
Midsole: Single
Edge: Natural
Heel Base: Standard
Heel Lifts: Standard
Sole: Vibram sand crepe sole
Sole Trim: Close Trim (Single Row Stitch)
Height: 7 INCH
Size - Length: 6.5
Size - Width: E
Logos / Embossing: Yes - I want standard logos and embossing

View attachment 1710713 View attachment 1710714 View attachment 1710715 View attachment 1710716

Checked them over and gotta say they are flawless. I’m really impressed and slightly in love.

Holy hell these are so wild. I love them, only thing I would change is +double stitch welt to make them even bolder. Looks like the leather still has that whitish bloom, very interested in seeing how these patina.

Properwawa

Reaction score
Holy hell these are so wild. I love them, only thing I would change is +double stitch welt to make them even bolder. Looks like the leather still has that whitish bloom, very interested in seeing how these patina.
My feet are clownishly large for my frame so I usually try to avoid drawing attention to their width, but I can absolutely see these with double row stitching in my head. Someone should do it!

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Maryam hh going to be a standard option at Bakers now? Assuming they can either procure the leather or are they starting to stock it? Don’t need to order a pair at the moment, but it’d be nice for a future order.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
I committed one of the cardinal sins of White's today. I'm going on a trip to England that will involve a lot of walking, so wanted reliable, comfortable footwear that will work in the city and tramping through the country, with possible rain/snow. My Bounty Hunters seemed the obvious choice, but the heel caps were already wearing within a couple millimeters of the heel stack. I took them in to the local cobbler and the only caps they had to put on them were Dainite. Hopefully I don't fall on my rear too viciously.

Percivilla

Reaction score
Last: Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter)
Counter Leather: Brown Smooth
Toe Vamp Leather: Brown Smooth
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Brown Smooth
Leather Liner: No Thanks
Lace Design: Lace to Toe
Pull Loops: No Thanks
Celastic Toe Box: No Thanks
Toe Cap: No Thanks
Toe Cap Leather Color: Does Not Apply - NO Toe Cap
Steel Toe: No Thanks
Hardware: Brass Eyes & Hooks
Top: Rolled Top [ $25.00 ]
Midsole: Single
Upper Thread Color: Factory Choice
Edge: Brown
Heel Base: Standard
Heel Lifts: Standard
Sole: Vibram 430 Mini Vib
Sole Trim: Close Trim (Single Row Stitch)
Height: 7 INCH
Size - Length: 13
Size - Width: C
Logos / Embossing: No logos or Embossing
Sizing Confirmation: I confirm the size I selected
Custom Product: 1210
$25.00​

theofficialhung

Reaction score
@Properwawa your build has convinced me to get a pair of Ramblers. Do you happen to have pics of your boots on feet? I'm debating between 6" or 7" height.

Properwawa

Reaction score
@Properwawa your build has convinced me to get a pair of Ramblers. Do you happen to have pics of your boots on feet? I'm debating between 6" or 7" height.
Here’s a quick low quality snap of them on foot at work, not sure if it’s what you’re looking for? The crepe sole is really great for cushioning, I’ll report back on how it does on ice in a bit if anyone is interested. Currently getting snowfall here in Toronto.

I chose 7” just because I thought a slightly higher shaft would help balance the thick sole a bit better visually. In all reality the shaft gets hidden under my pants, so it’s just a small detail that no one else knows or cares about, but it makes me happy at least!
3B0FD9FB-99A8-4DA7-826A-AC5FF0B689A7.jpeg

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a quick low quality snap of them on foot at work, not sure if it’s what you’re looking for? The crepe sole is really great for cushioning, I’ll report back on how it does on ice in a bit if anyone is interested. Currently getting snowfall here in Toronto.

I chose 7” just because I thought a slightly higher shaft would help balance the thick sole a bit better visually. In all reality the shaft gets hidden under my pants, so it’s just a small detail that no one else knows or cares about, but it makes me happy at least! View attachment 1712025

I cannot wait to keep seeing these (pretty please!) all over this thread, such a cool pair!

theofficialhung

Reaction score

I chose 7” just because I thought a slightly higher shaft would help balance the thick sole a bit better visually. In all reality the shaft gets hidden under my pants, so it’s just a small detail that no one else knows or cares about, but it makes me happy at least! View attachment 1712025

Yeah this is perfect, damn all the elements of this build go together so well. I have the same thoughts on 7" balancing out the chunky sole. Hope they perform reasonably well in the snow for you.

ThatDudeOrion

Reaction score
I committed one of the cardinal sins of White's today. I'm going on a trip to England that will involve a lot of walking, so wanted reliable, comfortable footwear that will work in the city and tramping through the country, with possible rain/snow. My Bounty Hunters seemed the obvious choice, but the heel caps were already wearing within a couple millimeters of the heel stack. I took them in to the local cobbler and the only caps they had to put on them were Dainite. Hopefully I don't fall on my rear too viciously.

can you post a pic? I hate Dainite, but am really curious to see what the Dainite toplift looks like on a Bounty Hunter...I'm assuming you have block heels?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads