• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phalanx

Reaction score
Just me, but I prefer the look of brass on middle-to-dark brown leathers, so I'd say brass.

This pair from Baker's seconds batch looks really clean in my opinion, View attachment 1643218
and they wouldn't pop as much if they had antique eyes.

Yeah I'm slightly leaning towards the brass. I found an old post on here of what antique eyes looks like with brown HH and it too looks very flattering.

1627067241501.jpeg

Tough one.

RockyMountain22

Reaction score
Thank you Sir
I am going to order the black dress leather lined so may be I don't need celastic toes?

Have never has cause for a leather lining to date - my 6" Farmer Rancher in Brown dress are unlined, but shorter doesn't seem to need it (stiffer?).

Maybe someone with a taller 8"+ version in a dress leather will chime in on lining characteristics. Or, give Kyle a quick call and have it from the horse's mouth. Will it be floppy or supple? My Brown dress are probably 4 years old and still have plenty of overall structure.

Cheers,

Last edited:

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sine HH free upgrade is going on, I noticed that on Baker's website you could order heel height up to 1/2 inch taller. Has anyone tried that, will it result in more arch support?
Thanks

discomute

Reaction score
Sine HH free upgrade is going on, I noticed that on Baker's website you could order heel height up to 1/2 inch taller. Has anyone tried that, will it result in more arch support?
Thanks
Yes and yes, this is a common (enough) occurance. E.g. Legal Eagles love for the swing last is slightly diminished by its lack of arch support, so he regularly orders it with a higher heel for a slight boost.

I believe packers are #1 in arch support tho, just fyi

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes and yes, this is a common (enough) occurance. E.g. Legal Eagles love for the swing last is slightly diminished by its lack of arch support, so he regularly orders it with a higher heel for a slight boost.

I believe packers are #1 in arch support tho, just fyi
Could you share a picture of 1/2 inch taller (than regular) heel?
Thank you

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ThreeLions

Reaction score
Lucky you! So you have watched "test" games at Old Trafford?

No, I wish. I just popped down the to local town to watch a bit of the Saturday game, sit in the sun, and enjoy a pint of bitter.

Not much time for anything else as it’s been a busy vacation.

fushaw

Reaction score
the return of the free HH upgrade has me wanting a 2nd pair of Whites. I got some 8” BHs last year in brown HH and they’ve been solid and still look brand new after probably 75+ wears.
Now I’m looking for some fancier, slimmer, shoes maybe some MPs with the flatter toe box in burgundy HH. Anybody have any pictures of MPs in Burgundy HH? Im not finding any hits of this makeup on Google.

Phalanx

Reaction score
the return of the free HH upgrade has me wanting a 2nd pair of Whites. I got some 8” BHs last year in brown HH and they’ve been solid and still look brand new after probably 75+ wears.
Now I’m looking for some fancier, slimmer, shoes maybe some MPs with the flatter toe box in burgundy HH. Anybody have any pictures of MPs in Burgundy HH? Im not finding any hits of this makeup on Google.

Here's a couple of reddit threads:

RockyMountain22

Reaction score
Outfitter called this morning letting me know the insulated Packer order was successfully submitted last week.

White's lead times still showing as 12 to 16 weeks, praying for PNW stability that far into the future.

For those of you wearing work boots outdoors in the fields, ranges and so on during the hot, dry, dirty summer months, what configurations do you have?

Rough out vs smooth leathers, shaft heights, sole choices and why you selected those particular choices.

Mine are 8" Red dog RO Hathorn Ranch Packers, 55 last, 430 mini lug sole - they take the abuse and are easy to keep reasonably clean.

How about yours?

Hawth.jpg

Cheers,

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads