• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Thoughts on this Whites collaboration with Dr. Sole? Fully lined black cherry buffalo on the 55 last + unstructured toe box.

View attachment 1638957
View attachment 1638958

Totally beautifulif you ask me. Lovely boot. I'm not going to touch them with a 10-foot pole, however, after my last sizing-related debacle with Dr. Sole. They're still very much on my radar, but not until they start making larger size soles.(FYI I wear an 11E on the 55 last and the largest half sole Dr. Sole makes was still a fair amount too small to work on a boot with standard trim). The full soles are slightly wider for some reason, but still probably not useable for bigger sizes.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

alwof

Reaction score
Newbie here, about to make my first order through Baker's, and I'm looking for a little help. I have everything decided about the makeup, except for the heel. The trouble is, I have really small feet—I think I'll be sized at a 6.5D or 7C—which is usually small enough to warp the intended silhouette of standard men's shoes. While I enjoy the proportions of the SD/BH's standard height curved heel on, say, a size 10D pair, I'm worried that the heel would start to look massive at lower sizes.

So, here's my SOS: Does anyone have photos of small-sized SD/BH's, with standard height/curved heel? Anything from 6.5 up to an 8 would be perfect. Additionally, I'd love to know if anyone had photos of small-size SD's or BH's with a lowered, curved heel (although that's a really specific long shot). I know the consensus, at standard sizes at least, is that a lowered curved heel looks imbalanced, but it seems like this wouldn't be the case for smaller sizes. I've just never seen a picture of one, so I can't be sure at all. I really appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

(If anyone's curious, the rest of the makeup will be:

6" Bounty Hunter,
Brown dress,
Brown edge,
Unstructured toe,
Rolled top + pull loops,
Brass hooks and eyes,
Vibram 430 sole,
Single-row stitching.

Not exactly eccentric, but it's a pair that I think would age gracefully)

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Newbie here, about to make my first order through Baker's, and I'm looking for a little help. I have everything decided about the makeup, except for the heel. The trouble is, I have really small feet—I think I'll be sized at a 6.5D or 7C—which is usually small enough to warp the intended silhouette of standard men's shoes. While I enjoy the proportions of the SD/BH's standard height curved heel on, say, a size 10D pair, I'm worried that the heel would start to look massive at lower sizes.

So, here's my SOS: Does anyone have photos of small-sized SD/BH's, with standard height/curved heel? Anything from 6.5 up to an 8 would be perfect. Additionally, I'd love to know if anyone had photos of small-size SD's or BH's with a lowered, curved heel (although that's a really specific long shot). I know the consensus, at standard sizes at least, is that a lowered curved heel looks imbalanced, but it seems like this wouldn't be the case for smaller sizes. I've just never seen a picture of one, so I can't be sure at all. I really appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

6" Bounty Hunter,
Brown dress,
Brown edge,
Unstructured toe,
Rolled top + pull loops,
Brass hooks and eyes,
Vibram 430 sole,
Single-row stitching.

If you scope out Japanese Instagram you can see tons of White's in pretty small sizes. Personally I think they look great at those smaller proportions. You may want to avoid things like double midsoles though as those can significantly increase the chonk factor at smaller sizes (unless that's the look you're going for, of course).

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

6" Bounty Hunter,
Brown dress,
Brown edge,
Unstructured toe,
Rolled top + pull loops,
Brass hooks and eyes,
Vibram 430 sole,
Single-row stitching.

I think my nine year old niece may have a pair in size 7… I will see if I can get pics! ?

Just kidding of course… sorry I cannot help, I only own men’s boots… but welcome aboard!

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you scope out Japanese Instagram you can see tons of White's in pretty small sizes. Personally I think they look great at those smaller proportions. You may want to avoid things like double midsoles though as those can significantly increase the chonk factor at smaller sizes (unless that's the look you're going for, of course).
I was also thinking Japan… or eBay for pics… I agree the proportions are fine even on small boots.

Phalanx

Reaction score

6" Bounty Hunter,
Brown dress,
Brown edge,
Unstructured toe,
Rolled top + pull loops,
Brass hooks and eyes,
Vibram 430 sole,
Single-row stitching.

You might want to wait 'til tomorrow because Baker's are doing a birthday sale.

Jsanchez

Reaction score

6" Bounty Hunter,
Brown dress,
Brown edge,
Unstructured toe,
Rolled top + pull loops,
Brass hooks and eyes,
Vibram 430 sole,
Single-row stitching.

[/QUOTE]

Here are some pictures:

20190927_080809.jpg
20210518_180535.jpg
20200515_175303.jpg

The brown bison boots are split size, 6E/6.5E with standard heel.

The black bison boots are both size 6.5E with lowered block heel.

The olive waxed flesh and the brown horsehide boots have a dogger heel.

Hope this helps.

alwof

Reaction score
You might want to wait 'til tomorrow because Baker's are doing a birthday sale.

Thanks for the heads up! I was actually planning on waiting until next week, but that might be too good to pass up... that would be the last sale before Black Friday, right?

Here are some pictures:

View attachment 1640740 View attachment 1640741 View attachment 1640742
The brown bison boots are split size, 6E/6.5E with standard heel.

The black bison boots are both size 6.5E with lowered block heel.

The olive waxed flesh and the brown horsehide boots have a dogger heel.

Hope this helps.

This is an amazing help, thank you! The heel makeup on the olive and brown horsehide pairs are the exact height and taper I had in mind. Are the heels lowered on those? I also didn't realize dogger was an option. I assume I'd need to leave a note in the special instructions box, but since I have to choose a heel from the drop-down menu, should I ask for the block heel or the standard? does it matter? Thanks again.

Jsanchez

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I was actually planning on waiting until next week, but that might be too good to pass up... that would be the last sale before Black Friday, right?

This is an amazing help, thank you! The heel makeup on the olive and brown horsehide pairs are the exact height and taper I had in mind. Are the heels lowered on those? I also didn't realize dogger was an option. I assume I'd need to leave a note in the special instructions box, but since I have to choose a heel from the drop-down menu, should I ask for the block heel or the standard? does it matter? Thanks again.

The heel height on those is standard. I choose the standard heel from the drop down menu and then added the note for the heel tapper I wanted in the notes.

alwof

Reaction score
My boot size is 6.5E, here are mine so far:
Sorry, most of the pictures were not taken to emphasize the heel, and none are lowered. I will say that the heel size doesn’t seem excessive regardless. View attachment 1640885 View attachment 1640886 View attachment 1640887
I agree that it doesn't. This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks! Besides, neither I nor others will be seeing them from the floor's level. If they look good from this angle, I'm sold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads