• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

plugugly88

Reaction score
I don't have lace to toe but I have read the same thing, lace to toe provides narrower or tighter fit.
Folks who own both could confirm?
But just spoke to someone at bakers and she said it gives more space for the toe box, and better for wider feet. Which is great if true. But I also would like a second confirmation on this, just because it contradicts what I’ve read.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But just spoke to someone at bakers and she said it gives more space for the toe box, and better for wider feet. Which is great if true. But I also would like a second confirmation on this, just because it contradicts what I’ve read.
All of Baker's staff are extremely pleasant to talk to but for fit related questions you might want to get hold of Brandon or Kyle.

montanamike

Reaction score
I have 3 LTT in my lineup and my feeling is they provide a bit more adjustable fit.. I dont know that I would say wider or narrower when compared to my non LTT. They feel a bit different but I think that is a function of slight design difference.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
make me jealous - what did you all get (or are planning to get) with the 20% off coupon from Baker's?

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea what the hell this is?
Its more pronounced on the right boot but its in the left one as well. It is like a raised bump about the size of a dime and its hard. I've put about 100-125 hrs on these and I didn't notice it until I started to feel it on the right boot today and looked and there they were. I checked my old pair of Whites and its on the right boot as well but completely flat and not elevated. Its not on the left one. Any idea what it is? :rolleyes:
View attachment 1625017 View attachment 1625018
I believe these have from the lasting process? I could be wrong

Luscombe

Reaction score
make me jealous - what did you all get (or are planning to get) with the 20% off coupon from Baker's?
7" Bounty Hunters in British Tan, 5050 last, 10B, lined, Medalion soft toe, cut top, pull tab, kiltie, traveler heel, and mini half commando sole.

Leap of Faith-still waiting for my SD's ordered on BF.
I trust Kyle with the sizing though.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is...they just told me to send them or I can try and flatten it out myself with a hammer lol

My vote...

1623879011182.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Frontiersman boots this morning. They seem to be a good choice for what I want them for, and the wider flatter last should suit me. The countdown begins…

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Those here who own the Semi Dress on 38 swing last and 55 last - which do you prefer and why? I'm debating which last to get, the 55 is the safe pick since I already know my size. I don't have super wide feet so I don't "need" the 38 swing per se, I just like the profile from the top down and how it sort of resembles crocs (my favorite footwear even over boots lol).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads