• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sale is live.
Unfortunately not live on all models yet. I am assuming they are still updating parts of website/database.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My bad. The model I’m looking at was live.:hide:
It's there! almost every boot I like! Well, I was expecting W & C would go on sale ?

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Any idea what the hell this is?
Its more pronounced on the right boot but its in the left one as well. It is like a raised bump about the size of a dime and its hard. I've put about 100-125 hrs on these and I didn't notice it until I started to feel it on the right boot today and looked and there they were. I checked my old pair of Whites and its on the right boot as well but completely flat and not elevated. Its not on the left one. Any idea what it is? :rolleyes:
View attachment 1625017 View attachment 1625018

I'm guessing it's a lump of hardened glue. My Cykels actually have a similar hardened raised bump in the footbed but it's annoyingly right under the ball of my left foot, which has caused a callous on my foot in that area.

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Thinking of ordering a pair of Bounty Hunters in waxed olive leather. Wondering if the leather is thick enough to do unlined?

climbinglife

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's a lump of hardened glue. My Cykels actually have a similar hardened raised bump in the footbed but it's annoyingly right under the ball of my left foot, which has caused a callous on my foot in that area.
So I also sent the same pictures to Bakers and the reply was, "That comes from the last - that's where the peg goes during the bottoming process."

I replied asking if there was a remedy to it. Like can I hammer it down, or will it flatten out over time like my other pair? For now I took a cheap CVS foot bed cushion and cut it to just fit the heel. I'll see if that helps. :rolleyes:

klank74

Reaction score
No problem...
Any stretching issues? I’ve been told it’s basically heavily waxed, rough out cxl. I’ve heard before that a liner is recommended with regular cxl because of the stretching, that’s why I ordered my olive waxed flesh with a liner. They’ll hopefully be here Friday. It sucks that I’m feeling apprehensive instead of excited though. Out of my first three pairs of Whites, only 1 has been perfect, without any issues.

montanamike

Reaction score
Any stretching issues? I’ve been told it’s basically heavily waxed, rough out cxl. I’ve heard before that a liner is recommended with regular cxl because of the stretching, that’s why I ordered my olive waxed flesh with a liner. They’ll hopefully be here Friday. It sucks that I’m feeling apprehensive instead of excited though. Out of my first three pairs of Whites, only 1 has been perfect, without any issues.
Not so far but I have no direct experience with lined boots.

plugugly88

Reaction score
Can you help me with words to get a clearer mental picture on the differences between the Whites Bounty Hunter and 350 Cutter?

*(I’m figuring out my sizing currently at bakers, purely asking for aesthetic, quality differences)

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you help me with words to get a clearer mental picture on the differences between the Whites Bounty Hunter and 350 Cutter?

*(I’m figuring out my sizing currently at bakers, purely asking for aesthetic, quality differences)
Cutters look similar to lace to toe Bounty Hunters and on the same last, 55.
Has White's sized you in cutters?

montanamike

Reaction score

Naming convention... Bounty Hunter afaik is a Bakers thing... It did well and Whites brought it out albeit with a different name.

plugugly88

Reaction score
Cutters look similar to lace to toe Bounty Hunters and on the same last, 55.
Has White's sized you in cutters?
No, I simply liked the look of the cutters and couldn’t place the difference. I’ve been fitted on the 55 last with a wider right ball of the foot at bakers. So I’m thinking I’ll go with the bounty hunters with lace to toe. Have you heard if they affect the feeling of fit for wider feet? I have read that lace to toes are beneficial for narrow feet.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I simply liked the look of the cutters and couldn’t place the difference. I’ve been fitted on the 55 last with a wider right ball of the foot at bakers. So I’m thinking I’ll go with the bounty hunters with lace to toe. Have you heard if they affect the feeling of fit for wider feet? I have read that lace to toes are beneficial for narrow feet.
I don't have lace to toe but I have read the same thing, lace to toe provides narrower or tighter fit.
Folks who own both could confirm?

klugtrane

Reaction score
I don't have lace to toe but I have read the same thing, lace to toe provides narrower or tighter fit.
Folks who own both could confirm?

I have both. Haven't noticed a significant difference (E width). Obviously LTT offers more adjustability but puts more seams closer to your toes, which at least for me I find less comfortable. When you think how they are made (stretching a leather upper over a last), there really shouldn't be a significant change in fit beyond the ample pair to pair variability ;)

And yes to the OP's point, a 6" LTT bounty hunter with a mini-lug sole is the same as a 350 cutter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics