• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is just another sale targeted at these brands.
I think the Father's Day sale will start later and have a more holiday-appropriate code :) Something like FATHER21 :)
Yes! Have to order at least two pairs!

Bronco68

Reaction score
I’m in NYC now. Not exactly living a lifestyle requiring robust work boots (and it’s too hot to wear them for about 3 months a year) but I manage to find ways to put my pairs to good use

I lived at 71st & Columbus for awhile back in the early 90s. Where are you located in the city?

Luscombe

Reaction score
I am thinking about ordering a pair of BH in British Tan for the fathers day sale. I don't recall seeing much info on this thread about the British Tan or I have a short memory.

Is there anyone here with a British Tan make up on a pair of Whites and what are your impressions and suggestions?
I presume it is a teacup leather. How does it age and look after scuffs?

Quack Attack

Reaction score
White's sale will go "live" tomorrow late afternoon (6/15) and good thru Monday 6/21. Pricing will be 20% off all White's (no coupon needed) - we are assuming all orders are MTO with a lead time of 12-16 weeks. Please add 2 weeks for all pull on and custom fits. If you send in a fit kit or special leather, lead time starts from the confirmation date, not the order date. As always, feel free to call or email me with any questions! We greatly appreciate your business and support! - Kyle

wordfool

Reaction score
I lived at 71st & Columbus for awhile back in the early 90s. Where are you located in the city?

I'm further uptown in Manhattan -- in the Heights... actually Inwood. Chosen for proximity to a couple of great parks and easy escape from the city by car up the Hudson Valley or over the GW Bridge to northern Jersey (where my better half has family) -- two places my White's actually get a workout!

wordfool

Reaction score
Update on the wrong heel fiasco, Baker’s proves that they have the best customer service anywhere by making it right and offering me a complimentary pair of boots for the mistake. It’s a wonderful gesture and truly appreciated.

Nice! Reminds me that I need to see if I can get that giant heel shelf on my bison/bullhide pair shaved down

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm further uptown in Manhattan -- in the Heights... actually Inwood. Chosen for proximity to a couple of great parks and easy escape from the city by car up the Hudson Valley or over the GW Bridge to northern Jersey (where my better half has family) -- two places my White's actually get a workout!
You guys are high rollers! I would love to live in NYC!

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much is the difference between 55 and 4811 sizes? If you own both, did you end up having same length and width?

Last edited:

iamntbatman

Reaction score
These are breaking in very nicely. It might be hard for me to go back to non-LTT. For future pairs I guess I should order the "open instep" option to tighten up the facings around my instep as you can see my fat foot leaving quite a gap in the facings. Weirdly enough I don't have this issue on my MPs or non-LTT BH's. Not a big deal though and I'm sure that gap will close up with time.

montanamike

Reaction score
These are breaking in very nicely. It might be hard for me to go back to non-LTT. For future pairs I guess I should order the "open instep" option to tighten up the facings around my instep as you can see my fat foot leaving quite a gap in the facings. Weirdly enough I don't have this issue on my MPs or non-LTT BH's. Not a big deal though and I'm sure that gap will close up with time.

I think we have the same build except the lineman patch... The olive wax flesh (in my experience) is tougher to break in than the work leathers... Mine has relaxed a bit over time but is still pretty rigid. Interesting to me how different we all are as I have just the opposite issue... my lace gap gets very close...

iamntbatman

Reaction score
I think we have the same build except the lineman patch... The olive wax flesh (in my experience) is tougher to break in than the work leathers... Mine has relaxed a bit over time but is still pretty rigid. Interesting to me how different we all are as I have just the opposite issue... my lace gap gets very close...

Yeah, it's really thick stuff and I guess the buildup of wax on the outside is what makes it so damn stiff. It's nice and pliable once it does finally get broken in though, if my MPs are anything to go by. I might try lacing the kilties in for my next wear.

climbinglife

Reaction score
Any idea what the hell this is?
Its more pronounced on the right boot but its in the left one as well. It is like a raised bump about the size of a dime and its hard. I've put about 100-125 hrs on these and I didn't notice it until I started to feel it on the right boot today and looked and there they were. I checked my old pair of Whites and its on the right boot as well but completely flat and not elevated. Its not on the left one. Any idea what it is? :rolleyes:
fullsizeoutput_84c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_84d.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads