• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered these on March 24th and Recieved them today, I took a couple of pictures before they whent back in the box,these being a father's day gift I have to wait till June to start wearing them.

7 inch structured black bison, with brown bison tongue and 90 degrees dropped heel.

View attachment 1612015 View attachment 1612017 View attachment 1612018
1621388018884.png

wordfool

Reaction score
Ordered these on March 24th and Recieved them today, I took a couple of pictures before they whent back in the box,these being a father's day gift I have to wait till June to start wearing them.

7 inch structured black bison, with brown bison tongue and 90 degrees dropped heel.

Awesome looking boots! I love Bison.

I ordered mine around the same time in black Bison but I went for a brown Bison backstay instead of tongue (kicking myself that I didn't order a brown tongue, too, now I've seen these). I also decided to toughen up the two ends of the boots with a black bullhide counter and toecap since Bison is a bit soft for kicking stuff. They should be a conucopia of texture that I hope is not too much of a hot mess!

Jsanchez

Reaction score

I ordered mine around the same time in black Bison but I went for a brown Bison backstay instead of tongue (kicking myself that I didn't order a brown tongue, too, now I've seen these). I also decided to toughen up the two ends of the boots with a black bullhide counter and toecap since Bison is a bit soft for kicking stuff. They should be a conucopia of texture that I hope is not too much of a hot mess!
I also considered going with something tougher on both ends but decided against it, since I own two other pairs of boots in bison and have never had an issue with scuffs. I assume that bison is chromexcel tanned because it behaves the same way, it scuffs easily but heals just as fast.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Remember this picture I shared last year and calling it the most beautiful boots in the world lol
Some folks didn't agree with me
115939987_2993586290696840_2577478048828272867_n.jpg

wordfool

Reaction score
Remember this picture I shared last year and calling it the most beautiful boots in the world lol
Some folks didn't agree with me
View attachment 1612033

I believe they might have helped inspire me to get my Brown Bison SDs. I'm more of a fan of brown bison over black because the brown has such a glorious palette of different colors that enhance the 3D texture. Not a fan of the medallion cap, though, which IMO clashes a bit with the leather's texture. On my back pair I just got four-row stitchng on the toe caps

iambretton

Reaction score

These look so nice! What a nice Father's Day present! Side note, hearing your time frame/turnaround, I ordered my custom 350 Cruisers on the 2nd of April so I may be getting them within a couple weeks, which is exciting!

Jsanchez

Reaction score
These look so nice! What a nice Father's Day present! Side note, hearing your time frame/turnaround, I ordered my custom 350 Cruisers on the 2nd of April so I may be getting them within a couple weeks, which is exciting!

I was pleasantly surprised that mine came so soon, since covid has caused so many issues, I figured I would be getting my boots some time in the middle of June.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we are at the topic of Bison leather, how does it age? I would like to see how does it look after six months, a year?

mjunderw00d

Reaction score
Well this was a happy surprise email to receive. Baker’s quoted 10-14 weeks when I originally ordered, and this puts it right around 10 or 11 weeks. Impressive.

Here’s to hoping my fit sheets did the trick, and that the White’s QC issues of late aren’t a factor here. I’m guessing that Baker’s usually does a solid job of looking these over before shipping them out.

CAB265DF-6604-4714-A0FE-3AFE8398C466.jpeg

Napping_Sloth

Reaction score
Well, I finally placed my Bounty Hunter Order and am ridiculously excited for my first MTO boot!
The build:
Black Smooth Throughout
No Liner
Plain Toe
Leather Pull Loops
No Celastic Toe
Black Smooth toe cap
Antique Eyes & HooksC
CutTop
Midsole: Single
Edge: Brown
Heel Base: Standard
Heel Lifts: 1/4"Higher
Sole: Vibram 430
Sole Trim: Standard Trim
Height: 8 INCH
Logos / Embossing: Yes
Requested: Itshide Commando Sole
Requested: 2 row stitching instead of 4 row on toe cap

I know the commando soles aren't people's favorite, but I wanted more traction then the 430 but less than the super aggressive 100s. And after going back and forth with Kyle and other members in different forums they all assured me the Itshides are actually pretty soft (unsure if they have a new formula or what).

Now begins the long wait.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally placed my Bounty Hunter Order and am ridiculously excited for my first MTO boot!
The build:
Black Smooth Throughout
No Liner
Plain Toe
Leather Pull Loops
No Celastic Toe
Black Smooth toe cap
Antique Eyes & HooksC
CutTop
Midsole: Single
Edge: Brown
Heel Base: Standard
Heel Lifts: 1/4"Higher
Sole: Vibram 430
Sole Trim: Standard Trim
Height: 8 INCH
Logos / Embossing: Yes
Requested: Itshide Commando Sole
Requested: 2 row stitching instead of 4 row on toe cap

I know the commando soles aren't people's favorite, but I wanted more traction then the 430 but less than the super aggressive 100s. And after going back and forth with Kyle and other members in different forums they all assured me the Itshides are actually pretty soft (unsure if they have a new formula or what).

Now begins the long wait.
I hope the commando sole works out for you.
FWIW I have itshide commando sole on AE boots and I am not a fan.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is Bullhide decidedly tougher than bison? I don't see the option to change the tongue leather, is it something we put in notes?
Thank you

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here tried the White’s Centennial hikers?

I’m new to White’s but like the look of them as a general outdoors sturdy boot.

There are definitely other White’s models I am considering too but I haven’t seen much info on the hiker.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads