• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wordfool

Reaction score
Based upon a recent email from Baker's, as in yesterday, Whites has been shut down for 1-1/2 weeks and are only working at 20% capacity now. I am waiting for a BF SD order and it is still 2-3 weeks out.
So yeah, current build times suck.

Ugh. Sad the hear that. I hope the company and its workers are all doing OK. It certainly doesn't bode well for White's already spotty QC record though. I'm also having a pair of boots built right now and I can't imagine all the interruptions are going to make for a smooth, mistake-free build process

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was informed White's had a COVID scare, a week or so ago at their factory.

theofficialhung

Reaction score
I just discovered this defect moments after returning home from taking my dog for a walk in the park and going downtown for a coffee. These are work boots that have been worn for about a week definitely under 2 weeks. The toughest job I've ever thrown at these is walking my dog, I don't do labor or yard work in them and I work a desk job for a living.

I feel sick to my stomach I loved these boots so much, this is absolutely unacceptable and I'm shaking with rage right now. I've waited close to 5 months for these and no that's not a typo, these were ordered during the Black Friday sale and I received them less than 2 weeks ago after the heel had to be re-done since they were originally made with a lowered block heel instead of a standard logger.

I know Bakers isn't at fault, they don't build the boots this is a Whites problem. I will not wait 5 more effing months for my boots to be rebuilt. What would you guys do, take a stock boot or a refund? I have never heard of Nicks having basic QC issues like this I'm seriously considering getting a refund and just getting a pair of Nicks from their ships in under 6 weeks page.

View attachment 1603513
View attachment 1603514 View attachment 1603517

Update on my situation for you guys - Kyle is having my boots rebuilt. I won't mentioned the lead time since my case is an anomaly but they are a rush order so I'm not back of the line. I opted to go with the same leather since Kyle said he's never seen a situation like mine in his 20+ years and I trust him. I was on the edge between distressed RO and red dog RO but I truly love the tone and shade of distressed RO so I'm going with the same build but with pull loops and honey vibram sole. I'll post an update when they arrive wish me luck ?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update on my situation for you guys - Kyle is having my boots rebuilt. I won't mentioned the lead time since my case is an anomaly but they are a rush order so I'm not back of the line. I opted to go with the same leather since Kyle said he's never seen a situation like mine in his 20+ years and I trust him. I was on the edge between distressed RO and red dog RO but I truly love the tone and shade of distressed RO so I'm going with the same build but with pull loops and honey vibram sole. I'll post an update when they arrive wish me luck ?
I want to see distressed RO with honey vibram sole.

Luscombe

Reaction score
Update on my situation for you guys - Kyle is having my boots rebuilt. I won't mentioned the lead time since my case is an anomaly but they are a rush order so I'm not back of the line.
I am glad that Kyle is taking care of you with a set of new boots. His customer service is first-rate and he will do everything within his control to resolve the issue. That said, some of the stuff is out of his control.
Just be prepared for a wait. About nine weeks ago my boots were moved to the front of the line. These boots are worth waiting for.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am glad that Kyle is taking care of you with a set of new boots. His customer service is first-rate and he will do everything within his control to resolve the issue. That said, some of the stuff is out of his control.
Just be prepared for a wait. About nine weeks ago my boots were moved to the front of the line. These boots are worth waiting for.
Couldn't agree more, I am of the same opinion, although a couple of times I wasn't the happiest person alive lol.

theofficialhung

Reaction score

Yeah I totally get it, these are handmade boots and with reduced staffing I'm not expecting them too soon. The most important thing for me is that they're built to spec and without defects.

mjunderw00d

Reaction score
Based upon a recent email from Baker's, as in yesterday, Whites has been shut down for 1-1/2 weeks and are only working at 20% capacity now. I am waiting for a BF SD order and it is still 2-3 weeks out.
So yeah, current build times suck.

covid protocol, I’m guessing, per the comments in here? I’ve got a build that is due in the next 1-5 weeks. Wondering if that timeline is changing now.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
I think these were worth the wait.

Last: Semi-dress 55 last
Counter, Upper, and Vamp: Olive Waxed Flesh
Lining Leather - No Thanks
Lace Design: Lace to Toe
Pull Loops: No Thanks
Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic
Hardware: Brass Eyes and Hooks (Top Garment = Eye)
Cut Top
Midsole - Double (if possible)*
Edge: Natural
Heel Base: Standard (curved/logger)
Heel Lifts: Standard
Sole: Dr. Sole red/brown half sole*
Sole Trim - Standard Double Row
7" Height
Length - 11
Width - E
Vintage White's Logo
Khaki Upper Stitching
Added Lineman Patches, because why not

Obviously, these don't have the Dr. Sole half soles, and wound up coming with a Vibram 705 half-comp sole attached to two very thick midsoles instead. It's a compromise, but it's the best possible one.

iambretton

Reaction score
I think these were worth the wait.

Last: Semi-dress 55 last
Counter, Upper, and Vamp: Olive Waxed Flesh
Lining Leather - No Thanks
Lace Design: Lace to Toe
Pull Loops: No Thanks
Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic
Hardware: Brass Eyes and Hooks (Top Garment = Eye)
Cut Top
Midsole - Double (if possible)*
Edge: Natural
Heel Base: Standard (curved/logger)
Heel Lifts: Standard
Sole: Dr. Sole red/brown half sole*
Sole Trim - Standard Double Row
7" Height
Length - 11
Width - E
Vintage White's Logo
Khaki Upper Stitching
Added Lineman Patches, because why not

Obviously, these don't have the Dr. Sole half soles, and wound up coming with a Vibram 705 half-comp sole attached to two very thick midsoles instead. It's a compromise, but it's the best possible one.

How long was the wait? I ordered mine at the beginning of April and I know they've had some closures.... Just curious what to expect. Also, sweet build! Those will last you a lifetime or two.

Mathazzz

Reaction score
How long was the wait? I ordered mine at the beginning of April and I know they've had some closures.... Just curious what to expect. Also, sweet build! Those will last you a lifetime or two.
I had an abnormal wait, but I ordered in November and just got my boots earlier this week. Definitely worth the wait though!!

iamntbatman

Reaction score

Ordered these November 24th. So it had been a while! My order had some unusual holdups though so isn't really indicative of what others can expect (specifically, ordering special non-stock soles from a third party that took a long time to arrive at White's, then when they did finally arrive finding out they wouldn't work for my boots, then having to figure out what else to use and get them back into production).

Mathazzz

Reaction score
Ordered these November 24th. So it had been a while! My order had some unusual holdups though so isn't really indicative of what others can expect (specifically, ordering special non-stock soles from a third party that took a long time to arrive at White's, then when they did finally arrive finding out they wouldn't work for my boots, then having to figure out what else to use and get them back into production).
Yep, same exact situation with mine. I’m breaking them in at a wedding this weekend

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, same exact situation with mine. I’m breaking them in at a wedding this weekend
You are my long-lost brother! I will order Bounty Hunters in brown dress leather during father's day, they will be my formal boots for weddings and such : )

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads