• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alaskaking

Reaction score
Dude this is perfect, thank you! The 38* looks and sounds like it is the perfect match for my odd feet my MP last and 55 last boots are still the most comfortable I have but the fit isnt quite perfect.

Hearing you wax poetic about the 38 just makes me more excited to try this out on some SDs. The fathers day sale cannot come soon enough!
If you think your foot is meant for the 38, it probably is.
That was at least the advantage of having that seam/ridge on the first set of White’s, when searching for other “ugly” boots, (or if I’m in a great mood-“that’s an unfortunate look” boots), I read about the swing last.
“that sounds like my foot”, and it did. It is a nice fit for me. On Baker’s or White’s last guide, I think it’s referred to as the “least used” last which I find surprising given the comfort to my foot shape compared to the 4811.
No @chicagoan2016 , it does not have the same arch support as the 4811, though I did add the @Legal Eagles 1/4” heel lift to mimic the arch. That one is a big YMMV depending on your body type and multiple other factors. (For me, I like the lift walking, but if I’m standing most of the day at work, I think I would prefer the standard height- but I don’t have a comparison boot).

get back truckin’ on!

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think your foot is meant for the 38, it probably is.
That was at least the advantage of having that seam/ridge on the first set of White’s, when searching for other “ugly” boots, (or if I’m in a great mood-“that’s an unfortunate look” boots), I read about the swing last.
“that sounds like my foot”, and it did. It is a nice fit for me. On Baker’s or White’s last guide, I think it’s referred to as the “least used” last which I find surprising given the comfort to my foot shape compared to the 4811.
No @chicagoan2016 , it does not have the same arch support as the 4811, though I did add the @Legal Eagles 1/4” heel lift to mimic the arch. That one is a big YMMV depending on your body type and multiple other factors. (For me, I like the lift walking, but if I’m standing most of the day at work, I think I would prefer the standard height- but I don’t have a comparison boot).

get back truckin’ on!
That's one hilarious post ?
I am a huge fan of arch-support hehe I added 1/4 inch heel lift to my bounty hunters but now it feels like the 'arch' is more towards the heel, if that makes any sense.
I have to get pointed toe packers for the legendary arch support, like @DooDahMan said "Father's day sale cannot come soon enough!".

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a solution/suggestion about the 'ridge' on LTT boots.
There is a saying in Software Development field (I am sure it's used in other Industries too).
"It's a Not a bug, it's a feature!"
If we think about the 'ridge' as a feature, all of our problems are solved!!

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True, but what about when you have to go out in public... what do you wear then?
You have to come up with some sort of 'summer' boots for boots aficionados.
How about @PACostag W&C Natural veg tan boots? aren't they summer boots? well, may be not with shorts.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have direct experience with Smokejumpers?

my feet are kind of odd (brannock size is about 9 1/4 E, but my feet are a bit higher volume than normal, so I often have to go up to size 10).

These would for working, on trail crews and whatnot. Am I just better off going custom?

To clarify my question. I’m looking at a pair that should be my size, that are lightly used and less than half of retail price.

discomute

Reaction score
Gentlemen, what do you think about the following as dress boots/shoes?

"Dress" is a matter of opinion and context. I think a lot of people, even in here, miss context.

However, black shoes with white sole thread and brass eyelets are not dress under any context.

or dare I say they look feminine? ??

I will back you on this. They do. A little. As to whether you care or not is to the individual. After all, we are currently on a "fashion" internet forum.

discomute

Reaction score
Does anyone here have direct experience with Smokejumpers?

my feet are kind of odd (brannock size is about 9 1/4 E, but my feet are a bit higher volume than normal, so I often have to go up to size 10).

These would for working, on trail crews and whatnot. Am I just better off going custom?

To clarify my question. I’m looking at a pair that should be my size, that are lightly used and less than half of retail price.

Well, custom will let you get your size and account for your foot volume via an outstep adjustments.

Used will let you get a good idea of size whilst being able to onsell a poor fit with a minimum of loss, if any.

Either plan seems reasonable to me.

Finally,I believe some of the "extra volume" people have had success with the swing last. It depends on how your foot is shaped really.

rustygold

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20200414_093937.jpg
    20200414_093937.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 67

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@PACostag ... did you order these as part of the collaboration between White's and the Klingon Empire? The limited Commander Worf edition?
1619223890089.png

1619223956481.png

Sorry to mock your pain, but I just could not resist... some things - once seen - cannot be unseen...

Last edited:

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha that hilarious, now i will never un-see this... :D

such a shame with this nice Maryam Toscanello hide...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads