• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
9B5E4EE5-73DE-4B6A-BAF5-F9C303D07C97.jpeg

?Imagine all the people
walking on leather mid-soles?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, they're not in any way, shape or form dress boots/shoes, but they look nice.
Thanks for the honest opinion! I really like it. Well, since you are from the UK, do they look feminine? especially with that heel?

Jimk4003

Reaction score
Thanks for the honest opinion! I really like it. Well, since you are from the UK, do they look feminine? especially with that heel?
I wouldn't say they look feminine. It looks like a slightly sleeker last compared to some other White's offerings, particularly in the toe box, and it looks like it has more of a straight Cuban heel instead of a curved logger heel, but I wouldn't say they're particularly feminine looking.

I'd wear them; but then maybe I'm not the paragon of masculinity I like to think I am ;)

iamntbatman

Reaction score
My thoughts on those as dress boots is: I hope I'm never in any sort of long-running circumstance where boots like that are being frowned upon as unacceptably casual. I imagine in many more conservative offices that would be the case, but I would not want to find myself working there.

Finally got a shipping notification for my Black Friday order! Fingers crossed they arrive before I go on vacation in three weeks.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My thoughts on those as dress boots is: I hope I'm never in any sort of long-running circumstance where boots like that are being frowned upon as unacceptably casual. I imagine in many more conservative offices that would be the case, but I would not want to find myself working there.

Finally got a shipping notification for my Black Friday order! Fingers crossed they arrive before I go on vacation in three weeks.
I also hope I never get to work in so formal of a place ?.
What kind of boots are you getting?

iamntbatman

Reaction score
7" Lace-to-toe Bounty Hunter, olive waxed flesh, brass eyes and hooks, celastic toe, standard (double row) welt, standard (curved) heel, double midsole, lineman patches. Not sure what the soles will be, to be honest. I originally ordered Dr. Sole red/brown cork half soles but the biggest ones they make were too small for the boots. I told Kyle that if it wasn't too late with the double midsole, I'd like a Vibram half comp sole put on (might result in the fabled "triple midsole"), but if it was too late for that, then I'd go with the Vibram 269. I guess it'll be a surprise when they arrive!

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7" Lace-to-toe Bounty Hunter, olive waxed flesh, brass eyes and hooks, celastic toe, standard (double row) welt, standard (curved) heel, double midsole, lineman patches. Not sure what the soles will be, to be honest. I originally ordered Dr. Sole red/brown cork half soles but the biggest ones they make were too small for the boots. I told Kyle that if it wasn't too late with the double midsole, I'd like a Vibram half comp sole put on (might result in the fabled "triple midsole"), but if it was too late for that, then I'd go with the Vibram 269. I guess it'll be a surprise when they arrive!
Would like to see some pics. What made you go for double midsoles? I might not order double midsole again, I think it increases the break in time.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
I like the look of the thick midsole. My commando-soled bounty hunters and MPs both effectively have a double midsole as well and I like how it eliminates the ground feel of jagged rocks and such. It also allows for more insulation from cold ground. Being not a tiny man, the extra thickness also looks more proportional and adds more support as well. It's definitely more break-in time but I plan on having these boots until I die, so what's an extra few miles?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the thick midsole. My commando-soled bounty hunters and MPs both effectively have a double midsole as well and I like how it eliminates the ground feel of jagged rocks and such. It also allows for more insulation from cold ground. Being not a tiny man, the extra thickness also looks more proportional and adds more support as well. It's definitely more break-in time but I plan on having these boots until I die, so what's an extra few miles?
I am a pretty small/average guy, barely six feet tall and 230-240 lbs so I am better off opting for single midsoles ?

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
do they look feminine? especially with that heel?

are those yours? lol

TL;DR; NO: Packers have been on my must-have list for a LONG time.

PNW boot heels have been discussed ad nauseam to a point where calling the subject polarizing is an understatement. FFW to 2021 and the Redwing fruit loops on Instagram have made a mockery boots with blue jeans.

Somewhere lost in it all are the folks like us who love the boots for other reasons. Not because of likes on Instagram; but because they feel better on the foot than anything else, they're made by hand, and they are made in the USA.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hoppy_IPA I have been working desk job all my (work) life , sitting infront of a computer, writing code. The first time I experienced some back pain was years ago and I went to a chiropractor. The exercises he recommended helped but I still keep a lumbar support pillow near my work chair. Although I have worn White's for close to one and a half month (only) but I think it has been of tremendous help in eliminating discomfort I have felt.
I am looking for something "dressy" but with White's signature arch support. The reason I have been drooling over 695 packers is, it offers the most arch support among all White's boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads