• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Well haven't sent them yet, waiting to hear from Kyle. Fitment is the biggest concern. Secondary are extremely minor nitpicking: Notably the significantly different silhouette. May have been built in Brown RO or the darkest Distressed I have ever seen, which is annoying because I confirmed with both Bakers and White's that they had this huge run of super light Distressed hides, which is what they were supposed to use. And finally, the facings on these are pitched inwards slightly and look off but it sits on the top of my foot and ankle a little weird. I'm certain this last one would disappear with breaking and is probably a none issue, but rather me piling on to justify how I feel about these.

Edit: has been confirmed with the factory that they received a very dark run of hides for Seidel but it is the correct leather.

Damn this worries me. I got my BH's built in distressed roughout too, I wanted a lighter color roughout, not dark brown otherwise I would've gotten the brown roughout. I'm really curious to see what your pair looks like, if you still have the boots and haven't shipped them back yet I'd be happy to Paypal you the cost of additional packaging tape if you can take them back out and post some pics?

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, a fellow wrench turner! I’ve been doing it for 21 years and I’m the same way. I’ll notice the smallest things that normally no one else would. The job has pretty much ruined me. It’s spread into My life outside of work. I find myself doing simple tasks at home a certain way or in a certain order because it’s more time efficient. I kinda miss being young and dumb sometimes.
Only takes messing up several hundred parts before the lesson sinks in.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
This is a huge shout out to Bakers for their customer service.
Whites totally dropped the ball on my BF SD order, second time in a row.
Kyle reached out to me in advance and offered to make it right.
I will share more when the boots arrive but as a business owner, I could not be more proud of the customer service that Kyle is providing. Absolute best experience ever for me.

I will go out of my way to recommend Kyle and his business.
I will probably even order some more boots that I don't really need too! :)
I would like to know a little more, what happened?

Last edited:

prasom

Reaction score
Just paced my first order for BH with Bakers. took few months to get the sizing and finalize all the newbi questions i had. ended up ordering a pair of BH in natural veg tan. huge tanks for Kyle for the support. looking fwd to receiving it.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Just paced my first order for BH with Bakers. took few months to get the sizing and finalize all the newbi questions i had. ended up ordering a pair of BH in natural veg tan. huge tanks for Kyle for the support. looking fwd to receiving it.

Its a great felling, eh? Congrats and we'll be looking forward to seeing how you like them

prasom

Reaction score
@
hoppy_IPA

oh yes and thanks, took just a week to make up my mind about the leather to use. browsing through 100s of Instagram and fb pictures made my head hearts.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone here have a pair of Whites on the C461 sprung toe last? Looking for comparison to the 55 last if possible

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone here have a pair of Whites on the C461 sprung toe last? Looking for comparison to the 55 last if possible
I had a pair of LTT BH on the C461. I would say length wise you can stay the same as 55, but I should have gone up a width from D to E as they felt a little more narrow to me and I eventually sold them. The arch isn't as noticeable as the 55, but they still felt comfortable everywhere else.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of LTT BH on the C461. I would say length wise you can stay the same as 55, but I should have gone up a width from D to E as they felt a little more narrow to me and I eventually sold them. The arch isn't as noticeable as the 55, but they still felt comfortable everywhere else.
I have a pair of Hathorn Travelers on the C461... I agree with @Mghart ... leave the length alone, but I would have gone two widths wider... they really feel narrow compared to the 55, but I have wide feet. I do like the upturned toe, reminds me a little of the Viberg 310.

climbinglife

Reaction score
Damn this worries me. I got my BH's built in distressed roughout too, I wanted a lighter color roughout, not dark brown otherwise I would've gotten the brown roughout. I'm really curious to see what your pair looks like, if you still have the boots and haven't shipped them back yet I'd be happy to Paypal you the cost of additional packaging tape if you can take them back out and post some pics?
Hmmmm, ordered my SDs in Distressed RO as well :-/

climbinglife

Reaction score
I have a pair of Hathorn Travelers on the C461... I agree with @Mghart ... leave the length alone, but I would have gone two widths wider... they really feel narrow compared to the 55, but I have wide feet. I do like the upturned toe, reminds me a little of the Viberg 310.
I spoke to Kyle specifically about the Hathorn Travelers and he told me that that the feedback he's gotten from people getting that boot is that due to the way its built, its more narrow than a regular custom boot built on the C-461. I've had 3 pairs of Whites and one on the way ALL in the C-461 and I love the look, feel and width is fine (I'm a D). But the Hathorn's I got needed at least one width up, probably two...what led to the fiasco with Northern Republic. I own a pair of Vibergs in the 310 (My favorite boot and last) and can agree, it is the closest White's comes to getting that look.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a pair of Vibergs in the 310 (My favorite boot and last) and can agree, it is the closest White's comes to getting that look.
The Viberg 310 with toe cap is also my favorite looking boot, and it fits me well... not as perfectly as a well sized 38 Swing last, but good enough... in exchange I get that upturned square toe just speaks to me like no other!

iamntbatman

Reaction score
In that case, you might be interested in a pair of these. I know I am:

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the entrepreneurship in American made boots industry.

Woodtroll

Reaction score

Wow. The price and wait time on those boots sure makes a pair of White’s even more attractive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics