• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s great to have confirmation on the leather. Can I ask when you placed the order and what your quoted wait time is?

Oh it was something like the first or second week of December and was recently told they need another 6-8 weeks.

Properwawa

Reaction score
Oh it was something like the first or second week of December and was recently told they need another 6-8 weeks.
Gotcha. I’m trying to remind myself that good things take time, here’s hoping everything turns out!

krebsy

Reaction score
A recent delivery from Baker's. They seem a little mundane compared to the other builds to come from Spokane lately, but it was time for me to try a classic leather. Everything looked good enough, though I was aiming for single leather soles. The midsole/sole selection options are a little confusing on Baker's site. If this build is single midsole, leather sole, then what is a single midsole, double leather sole going to look like. Three layers of leather?
The scuffs on the sole are from me shifting the shoes around on the steps for the photos. They arrived in pristine shape. I should've taken the sole shot first I guess.

Custom Classic Semi Dress by White's Boots
Last: Standard
Toe Vamp Leather: Brown Dress
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Brown Dress
Leather Liner: No Thanks
Pull Loops: No Thanks
Toe Cap: No Thanks
Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe
Hardware: Black Eyes & Hooks
Midsole: Single
Edge: Brown
Heel Lifts: Standard
Heel Base: Standard
Sole: Leather
Sole Trim: Close Trim (Single Row Stitch)
IMG_20210127_154413146_PORTRAIT~2.jpg
IMG_20210127_154428706_PORTRAIT~2.jpg
IMG_20210127_154504665_PORTRAIT~2.jpg
IMG_20210127_154531096_PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As promised, pictures of the new boots.

First, the build specs:

Ordered: 10/16/2020
Delivered: 01/25/2021
White's 350-C Smokejumper
Last: 4811
Leather : Brown Elk Tan
Toe Cap: Dress Toe Cap
Toe Box: Single Celastic
Height: 6”
Leather Liner: No
Sole Trim: Standard
Top: Rolled Top
Eyelet Color: Brass
Eyelet Configuration : Hook and Eyelet
Top Garment: Eyelet
False Tongue: Standard
Sole: #700 full comp sole
Heel Shape: Standard Logger Heal
Heel Height: Standard
Midsole: Standard Single
Midsole/Edge Color: Brown
Size - Length: 12 ½
Size - Width: C

NG9p1Fc.jpg

TMQvu8Q.jpg

6QoguZ8.jpg

BGvYbDF.jpg

x45peKM.jpg

5DwJjJN.jpg

fKQPjHo.jpg

OKE8v2h.jpg

I made two new Kilties for the boots with out the crinkle cut bottoms.

FhucICd.jpg

hj4cCad.jpg

ywAMS9g.jpg

I think that White's nailed it with this pair. I absolutely love them and the arches are nice and high (4818 last used not the 55). This is my first pair with the Vibram #700, and they are significantly heavier than the #269 sole on my SD's. These defiantly feel more rugged.

I'm happy with it all. The leather used, the stitching, the workmanship. Also, I don't know what leather they used in the tongue, but holy cow, that stuff is super thick and incredibly soft - love it.

Since it's often posted on here what blemishes there are in a build, I went looking for some. To be clear, I'd give these boots an A+, so please don't take this as a compliant. I'm thrilled with how these tuned out. But for those that want to see any possible flaws...

On the right boot, on the inside edge of the rolled top there are some scratches.
On the right boot, the sole edge near the toe was sanded a little closer to the stitches than on the left.
On the right boot, the heal stack has a slightly larger heel shelf than on the left boot. (You can see this in the pic looking down from above behind.)
On the left boot, the backstay/pull loop is not perfectly centered on the centerline.

That's it, and that's only with a supper picky eye. These are some tough boots, not some dandified fashion wear. I can't find anything on these boots that I would complain about. They came exactly as I ordered.

Thanks White's!

The brown elk tan look great and this is one of the better toe caps I have seen so far.

Curious though on the pull tabs with a 6" boot. Besides the lack of necessity, I would think that they would catch on slacks.

ExtraitdeMinimalist

Reaction score
Black Friday Bounty Hunters came in

distressed smooth is impeccable

8”
88610A90-4F99-47A4-BA2B-C8D8CEBA2838.jpeg

hers’s the rebuild I had done by Baker’s, ordered burgundy HH, but came in burgundy cxl as the HH wasn’t available. Would’ve much preferred horsehide. Didn’t ***** a fit, lol, but man I want my damn HH build. Both are 9.5d but the heel slip is definitely more apparent on the rebuild

595CD24F-80AD-4E08-9A82-0955AD2B1F2E.jpeg

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's good to see that several folks who posted pics here, are happy with their boots.

wordfool

Reaction score
The brown elk tan look great and this is one of the better toe caps I have seen so far.

Curious though on the pull tabs with a 6" boot. Besides the lack of necessity, I would think that they would catch on slacks.

yes the tabs can catch on pants, but for me they’re necessary because the snug fit and fully gusseted tongue can otherwise make it tough to get my feet into the boots. My SDs, by contrast, are much easier to put on and definitely don’t need pull tabs.

wordfool

Reaction score
It looks like the new boots being posted here in the last few weeks have much more consistent stitching, both welt and upper, than I recall seeing in the past. Am I imagining it, or is White‘s starting to up its game a bit?

ExtraitdeMinimalist

Reaction score
I always thought pull tabs were standard, otherwise I would’ve paid the $15 or so in the drop down options on my build.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like the new boots being posted here in the last few weeks have much more consistent stitching, both welt and upper, than I recall seeing in the past. Am I imagining it, or is White‘s starting to up its game a bit?

maybe its the trade off of production taking longer, which totally works for me. they can take all the time they need

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A recent delivery from Baker's. They seem a little mundane compared to the other builds to come from Spokane lately, but it was time for me to try a classic leather. Everything looked good enough, though I was aiming for single leather soles. The midsole/sole selection options are a little confusing on Baker's site. If this build is single midsole, leather sole, then what is a single midsole, double leather sole going to look like. Three layers of leather?
The scuffs on the sole are from me shifting the shoes around on the steps for the photos. They arrived in pristine shape. I should've taken the sole shot first I guess.

View attachment 1544505 View attachment 1544506 View attachment 1544507 View attachment 1544508
These came out great. The build I'm waiting on right now is exactly like yours except with the toe cap and black edges. I did do a double leather sole, and yours looks to be thicker than what I've seen a single leather sole to be on other boots. Either way, this is a nice classic pair!

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1544505 View attachment 1544506 View attachment 1544507 View attachment 1544508
Classic Brown Dress and leather sole... a man after my own heart!

Bronco68

Reaction score

8”
View attachment 1544528

hers’s the rebuild I had done by Baker’s, ordered burgundy HH, but came in burgundy cxl as the HH wasn’t available. Would’ve much preferred horsehide. Didn’t ***** a fit, lol, but man I want my damn HH build. Both are 9.5d but the heel slip is definitely more apparent on the rebuild

View attachment 1544531

I notice you did not get the pull tab on the Distressed 8” BH. Are they easy to get on your feet?

Chrikelnel

Reaction score

8”
View attachment 1544528

View attachment 1544531
Did they ask before swapping in CXL?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads