• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luscombe

Reaction score
How are your MPs quality wise?
I have no issues with the MP's. Like I said, they fit perfect, just no arch support. They were great out of the box and have gotten better with age. Only thing I do not like about them is the Danite soles. I wished I would have gotten the commando soles.

I would really like an arch ease and I aske Kyle if they could be recrafted on the Stevens last. He said yes. Given my experience on the SD recraft, I will pass on this potential recraft.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no issues with the MP's. Like I said, they fit perfect, just no arch support. They were great out of the box and have gotten better with age. Only thing I do not like about them is the Danite soles. I wished I would have gotten the commando soles.

I would really like an arch ease and I aske Kyle if they could be recrafted on the Stevens last. He said yes. Given my experience on the SD recraft, I will pass on this potential recraft.
It's a shame you have to deal with this kind of recraft experience. I hope your incoming SDs turn out to be great.
I am sure I have mentioned this before but finding qualified professionals is not an easy task. I work in Software development and during interviews I have noticed 80 -90% percent folks have 'misstatements' on their resumes, granted we all exaggerate slightly when we talk about ourselves : ) but some people ......

discomute

Reaction score
My main streets (same last as MP) fit better in the heel (in D) than my BH's in C

Shrug

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So they finally arrived, long awaited Veg Tan Semi Dress...

Here is the build:

Last: #38 Swing Last
Toe Vamp Leather: Natural Veg. Tan
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Natural Veg. Tan
Leather Liner: Tan
Pull Loops: No Thanks
Toe Cap: Medallion Dress Toe Cap
Celastic Toe Box: Double Celastic Toe
Hardware: Brass Eyes & Hooks
Midsole: Single
Edge: Brown
Heel Lifts: 1/4"Higher
Heel Base: Standard
Sole: Double Leather
Sole Trim: Standard Trim (Double Row Stitch)

Here are the preliminary pics (from the wife who works at home)... pardon the dog hair, that is my Great Dane's couch!

Talk about a blank slate for patina... I am looking forward to seeing how these develop over the next decade or so...

What do you all think would look good for laces with the Veg Tan? Open to suggestions...

More to come...
63329775556--033973C3-655C-4BAA-B4BF-18B65910E076.jpg
63329779615--853E4E27-2137-4F98-81F6-3FDC1293BE82.jpg
63329783511--DA513A42-FC83-460D-94D7-62FE03467F66.jpg
63329790106--E3ADBE8E-3BD2-4AFE-8730-AFD1C5B5FBED.jpg

Last edited:

Luscombe

Reaction score
Not Whites but veggy tanned new and 4 weeks of sun bathing on my deck

Attachments

• DE New 1.jpg
    DE New 1.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 110
  • de 4wks 3.jpg
    de 4wks 3.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 126

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White gossamer spun from Unicorn tears?!

I'd be scared to death of boots that pure and (almost) white. One stray drop of coffee or chilli and you'd be staring at it for the next 2 years!

I have steeled myself to the fact that these are boots... and will get worn, scuffed, and maybe even stained... I will not wear them in inclement weather, and I will not abuse them, but life happens.

The boots have an almost pinkish or peach colored hue that the photos do not show... I hope they age to a nice even caramel.

As I get older, I find I get more mellow about little things... life is too short to sweat the small stuff... and it is all small stuff... note this does not mean I will allow them to remain scuffed or dirty... but again, they are boots... and every scar tells a story...

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would never wear them outside, or actually ever allow the soles to touch the ground.
Whenever I put them on or took them off I would wear white cotton gloves.
I would never wear them with denim or dark colored pants,
I would never expose them to UV light which darkens natural veg tan.
In fact I would keep them in a darkroom, inside lightproof shoe bags, apply 100+ spf sunscreen to the boots to block any errant UVA or UVB rays that they may encounter.

Basically I would treat them like Nigel Tufnel's guitar...

@wordfool , above is the @Legal Eagles' reply when I asked him almost the same question
Original post # 18718 and page 1248

Last edited:

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have steeled myself to the fact that these are boots... and will get worn, scuffed, and maybe even stained... I will not wear them in inclement weather, and I will not abuse them, but life happens.

The boots have an almost pinkish or peach colored hue that the photos do not show... I hope they age to a nice even caramel.

As I get older, I find I get more mellow about little things... life is too short to sweat the small stuff... and it is all small stuff... note this does not mean I will allow them to remain scuffed or dirty... but again, they are boots... and every scar tells a story...
That's one way to look at it! Someone like me with no kids (and no responsibilities) doesn't care too much either!

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Legal Eagles Those came out incredible! Really nice stitching on your pair as well. It’ll be nice to how those age over even a few months or so. Fantastic build!

Luscombe

Reaction score

Who else besides me thinks that we need to start a "Go Fund Me" project for Legal Eagles future counseling sessions?

You can't wear white stitching out side and not get it dirty/stained.
I'm with Wordfool on this one. That first blemish/scuff food spill is going to be crushing.

That said, impressive looking boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads