• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was asked for some pictures of my Packer boots. This week I gave them a good wash and scrub with saddle soap, then let them dry for a day. I sanded the edges of the sole and heal stack and gave them three coats of resolene. I then treated the boots with Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovateur and gave them a good horse hair brushing. I also made a new pair of kilties (without the crinkle ornamentation for a cleaner look) out of some nice brown oil leather that I have. The color is a close match but not perfect.

You can see in the last picture what I meant in an earlier post about one boots toe wrinkling while the other hasn't.

Anyway, here's the pics:

UgojSAE.jpg

sQwI27i.jpg

PjLrEy1.jpg

R7nerRL.jpg
I have BHs coming in British Tan and I am sure in the future I would acquire Brown Oil tan.
Please share your cleaning 'regimen'. I like how your boots (this brown oil tan and the British tan) develop patina.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On Baker's Facebook page, someone posted 350 cruisers in brown bison and another gentleman shared pics of his BHs in Latigo with lug soles, worth taking a look at!

Luscombe

Reaction score
Come on Chicago, you can't tease us like that.
You have to bring the bacon (website link) when you throw down those challenges :)

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to change my mind about Bison and BullHide, I didn't know Bison would look that great and on top of that two-tone boots. As someone who is a fan of lug soles, I am so tempted!!

prasom

Reaction score
I have to change my mind about Bison and BullHide, I didn't know Bison would look that great and on top of that two-tone boots. As someone who is a fan of lug soles, I am so tempted!!
1611358112269.png

found this on GYW (owner could very well be in the forum). may be this will help to tip you over the fence :p

Last edited:

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1541079

found this on GYW (owner could very well be in the forum). may be this will help to tip you over the fence :p
This is ridiculously sweet looking pair of boots!
Brandon has recommended I should wait for my two Bounty Hunters before ordering a third pair ?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first time heard of retailer calming down a buyer :-D:-D:-D:-D
you gotta realize Kyle and Brandon are super cool guys!
Edit : These will be first White's boots!

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes you are right . i am dealing with Kyle now for my first pair of Whites right now. he definitely is very patient with my questions as a newib.
I found out Brandon's suggested size for boots were right on target! He was very kind to send me try-on boots but his original recommendation was perfect.

prasom

Reaction score
I found out Brandon's suggested size for boots were right on target! He was very kind to send me try-on boots but his original recommendation was perfect.
same here , Kyle's suggestion was spot on (at least based on what i read and hear , coz i have no measurement to go on as to say what is a good fit as these are my first pair of nicer boots) and the try on pair feels great. Try on pair was on 4811 and what i am planning is BH s on 55 . later i mentioned that i would need celastic toes and the Kyle suggested to actually try one with celastic toes with half a size down. so now i am waiting to hear from him about availability of a a pair, which i think will be tough as they should be 8 EE or 8Fs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads