• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Friday Shipping Notices are going out!

Dear [LegalEagles],

Thank you for your order from Baker's Boots & Clothing! We wanted to let you know that your order (#BKB65XX) was shipped via UPS, UPS® Ground on 1/19/2021.

Last: #38 Swing Last
Toe Vamp Leather: Natural Veg. Tan [ $100.00 ]
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Natural Veg. Tan
Leather Liner: Tan [ $35.00 ]
Pull Loops: No Thanks
Toe Cap: Medallion Dress Toe Cap [ $45.00 ]
Celastic Toe Box: Double Celastic Toe [ $45.00 ]
Hardware: Brass Eyes & Hooks
Midsole: Single
Edge: Brown
Heel Lifts: 1/4"Higher [ $15.00 ]
Heel Base: Standard
Sole: Double Leather
Sole Trim: Standard Trim (Double Row Stitch)

Here we go... Natural Veg Tan!
They forgot the space between Legal and Eagles!!!!
Can't wait to see the pictures!!
Why double celastic toe?

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why double celastic toe?
Because I never, ever, want that toe to collapse.

I am hoping for color development like this, but those creased toes would be a non-starter for me.

1611089493825.png

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because I never, ever, want that toe to collapse.

I am hoping for color development like this, but those creased toes would be a non-starter for me.

View attachment 1538766

we'll have to compare how our builds age over time since I'm a soft toe proponent :)

On that topic, just got word to expect an additional 6-8 weeks, after already waiting 6 weeks.

klank74

Reaction score
we'll have to compare how our builds age over time since I'm a soft toe proponent :)

On that topic, just got word to expect an additional 6-8 weeks, after already waiting 6 weeks.
I wonder why some are taking so much longer than others? I ordered mine near the end of October and I’m still waiting, while others who ordered Black Friday are getting theirs already. Nothing really special about mine, other than double midsoles and a combo last. I ordered Red Dog. I emailed Bakers but I’m still waiting to hear back on the status.

wordfool

Reaction score
I wonder why some are taking so much longer than others? I ordered mine near the end of October and I’m still waiting, while others who ordered Black Friday are getting theirs already. Nothing really special about mine, other than double midsoles and a combo last. I ordered Red Dog. I emailed Bakers but I’m still waiting to hear back on the status.

Maybe some problem with the build that required a do-over? Baker's was quoting 10-12 weeks for BF orders IIRC, so I was surprised to have received mine so soon (although they're going back to be fixed so it'll end up being 10-12 weeks anyway!)

klank74

Reaction score
Maybe some problem with the build that required a do-over? Baker's was quoting 10-12 weeks for BF orders IIRC, so I was surprised to have received mine so soon (although they're going back to be fixed so it'll end up being 10-12 weeks anyway!)
Man, I hope not. That would make it 2 for 2 for me. My first build came with close trim instead of standard like I ordered. I decided to keep them and to be honest, close trim has begun to grow on me, but this second pair is for work and I definitely want to have the standard trim. Bakers gave me a pretty good discount on this pair to make up for the mistake in the first pair, so I can’t really complain.

Jimk4003

Reaction score
It might also be that the wait isn't strictly first-come, first-served.

Whilst I'm sure White's try to fill orders in roughly the order they arrive, when they're busy (like after a Black Friday sale), they might try and put production runs of similar boots together. For example, if they have a whole bunch of black CXL Semi-Dress boots to make, they might try and group them all together, since it's more efficient than constantly switching between different hides and different cutting dies for different boots, rather than just trying to follow the strict sequence in which the orders were received.

Just speculation, but it'd make sense from a production scheduling standpoint.

Last edited:

klank74

Reaction score
It might also be that the wait isn't strictly first-come, first-served.

Whilst I'm sure White's try to fill orders in roughly the order they arrive, when they're busy (like after a Black Friday sale), they might try and put production runs of similar boots together. For example, if they have a whole bunch of black CXL Semi-Dress boots to make, they might try and group them all together, since it's more efficient than constantly switching between different hides and different cutting dies for different boots, rather than just trying to follow the strict sequence in which the orders were received.

Just speculation, but it'd make sense from a production scheduling standpoint.
True. I hadn’t really thought of that.

prasom

Reaction score
Black Friday Shipping Notices are going out! Exactly eight weeks from order to ship... not bad.

Dear [LegalEagles],

Thank you for your order from Baker's Boots & Clothing! We wanted to let you know that your order (#BKB65XX) was shipped via UPS, UPS® Ground on 1/19/2021.

Last: #38 Swing Last
Toe Vamp Leather: Natural Veg. Tan [ $100.00 ]
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Natural Veg. Tan
Leather Liner: Tan [ $35.00 ]
Pull Loops: No Thanks
Toe Cap: Medallion Dress Toe Cap [ $45.00 ]
Celastic Toe Box: Double Celastic Toe [ $45.00 ]
Hardware: Brass Eyes & Hooks
Midsole: Single
Edge: Brown
Heel Lifts: 1/4"Higher [ $15.00 ]
Heel Base: Standard
Sole: Double Leather
Sole Trim: Standard Trim (Double Row Stitch)

Here we go... Natural Veg Tan!
Hey @Legal Eagles

please publish some photos when you get them. i am about to order the same leather with my BHs. I started around black Friday to send the fit kit and just finished the sizing process.I am thinking of ordering with celastics toes but not sure how they would show up with 55 last. Do not want a bulbous toe or any plastic to rub on my toes. Does the celastic toe change the shape of the toebox ? or it just offers stricture invisibly(basically if two brand new boot with celastic toe and soft toes is side by side, is it possible to tell which is which?)
BTW Bakers quoted 16 Weeks build time for mine just this week.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got mine, 4 months to the day. theyre maybe a half size big in the toe box, but the arch fits perfectly and the width is good. i figure this is the correct size according to what i read here?

both toeboxes had scuffs already, but since its roughout its to be expected i guess

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @Legal Eagles

please publish some photos when you get them. i am about to order the same leather with my BHs. I started around black Friday to send the fit kit and just finished the sizing process.I am thinking of ordering with celastics toes but not sure how they would show up with 55 last. Do not want a bulbous toe or any plastic to rub on my toes. Does the celastic toe change the shape of the toebox ? or it just offers stricture invisibly(basically if two brand new boot with celastic toe and soft toes is side by side, is it possible to tell which is which?)
BTW Bakers quoted 16 Weeks build time for mine just this week.

I am a poor eagle facsimile, but in regards to the celastic toe, to a trained eye, yes you can generally tell which toe is celastic vs none on a new boot. However, its usually very close looking, and may be more or less noticeable depending on the last. Plastic wont rub your toes assuming the boot is fitted correctly. Again, depending on the last and your aesthetic preferences, the use of a celastic toe may lend to a more bulbous look vs an unstructured toe.

got mine, 4 months to the day. theyre maybe a half size big in the toe box, but the arch fits perfectly and the width is good. i figure this is the correct size according to what i read here?

both toeboxes had scuffs already, but since its roughout its to be expected i guess
How do you have scuffed roughout on a new boot? Do you meant that the nap is actually worn away?

prasom

Reaction score
I am a poor eagle facsimile, but in regards to the celastic toe, to a trained eye, yes you can generally tell which toe is celastic vs none on a new boot. However, its usually very close looking, and may be more or less noticeable depending on the last. Plastic wont rub your toes assuming the boot is fitted correctly. Again, depending on the last and your aesthetic preferences, the use of a celastic toe may lend to a more bulbous look vs an unstructured toe.

How do you have scuffed roughout on a new boot? Do you meant that the nap is actually worn away?
thanks for the reply. i got fitted with a unstructured toe on 4811. planning to get BHs on 55 last with celastic toe. could this lead to a complication ? i think the fit is very good with 4811.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of the above it true, but I like the bulbous toe look, and I order all my boots with toe caps, which add an extra layer of 5-8oz leather... combined with the fact I prefer the 38 Swing last... seeing the effect of a celastic (or even double celastic) toe is the least of my concerns!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads