• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone with Whites made in brown dress.... what do you like to clean and condition yours with? I’ve worn mine in some inclement weather recently and noticed they are picking up some smudges and water spots. I really don’t want them to darken at all, I like the sort of “Hershey’s chocolate bar” brown they came in. They also have the contrasting khaki stitching. I currently have Huberds shoe grease ( used for my work boots), which I know will darken them. But I also have Bick 4 and VSC. I’m thinking Bick 4 should achieve what I’m looking for, but I wanted to check with others.
I clean dirt with a damp cloth, or baby wipes, or if it really bad, saddle soap and a soft brush.

Since you have contrast stitching, colored creams or polishes are right out...

For reconditioning I like Saphir MDO Renovateur, or VSC as a close second choice... neither will darken the already dark leather very much. In either case, less is more... do not slather it on... once you brush it you will get a nice glow.

For more shine, I use the Saphir Crème in Natural everywhere but the heels and toes, and Saphir natural polish on the toes and heels.

I have little to no experience with Bick 4... in any case, you are not trying to soak or saturate the leather... Brown Dress does not need that... light application of Saphir or VSC will do.

montanamike

Reaction score
I clean dirt with a damp cloth, or baby wipes, or if it really bad, saddle soap and a soft brush.

Since you have contrast stitching, colored creams or polishes are right out...

For reconditioning I like Saphir MDO Renovateur, or VSC as a close second choice... neither will darken the already dark leather very much. In either case, less is more... do not slather it on... once you brush it you will get a nice glow.

For more shine, I use the Saphir Crème in Natural everywhere but the heels and toes, and Saphir natural polish on the toes and heels.

I have little to no experience with Bick 4... in any case, you are not trying to soak or saturate the leather... Brown Dress does not need that... light application of Saphir or VSC will do.
2nd on this... My experience with dress specifically is a little goes quite a ways... I suspect it doesnt absorb to the same level as the work leathers due to the smooth finish. Mine which are set up similarly to yours, have seen one application of Venetian Shoe Cream and I was happy with it. The dress leathers are new to me so will dial in in a bit more over time.

Alaskaking

Reaction score
I have LTT without that issue (and another on order).
I have looked at at least a thousand pairs of LTTs (online from afar) and including mine, @PACostag’s makes a grand total of 4 pairs I have noticed that line. I doubt it’s that common.
@PACostag and I will just have to do a side by side cosmetic comparison one of these days.

montanamike

Reaction score
I have looked at at least a thousand pairs of LTTs (online from afar) and including mine, @PACostag’s makes a grand total of 4 pairs I have noticed that line. I doubt it’s that common.
@PACostag and I will just have to do a side by side cosmetic comparison one of these days.
Neither of my 2 show any hint of it... I cant feel any lump. (Olive wax flesh and red dog)

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

montanamike

Reaction score

Attachments

• Whites2pack.jpg
    Whites2pack.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 146

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Kyle confirmed today that we are go for a new Styleforum collaboration. It should be available to order on the website within the next month or two.

It will be a Moc Toe Boot
7"
CXL
Gold Eyelets, top speed hook
Wedge Sole
38 Swing toe, MP heel
The CXL will receive a matte topcoat so it doesn't get shiny at all.

The model will be Called the Most Legal of Eagles. It will be a boot designed for those who live the mountain life, but may find themselves stepping into the courtroom at any time.
You really had me believing you until I read “wedge sole” lol.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Sounds like Kyle is working on a new Oxford with more arch support. I asked if I could change the last on the Baker's Oxford and he said that it wasn't an option, but that they're working on a more supportive Oxford to release "in the near future".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads