• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Perry's in the mail today and have been wearing them around for a few hours. First impressions are positive.

Not real break-in feel to speak of, they're pretty comfortable right out the gate. I did swap out the Ortholite insoles they come with for some blue Super feet insoles. I found that with my normal DT socks things were just a tad too crowded in the toe area with the Ortholites. The lower volume Superfeet solved that and still give me good arch support.

The Cristy sole is extremely comfortable. Soft and springy. They almost feel like heavy sneakers.

I normally get a combo 7 D/C in the 55 last, but since these only come in single widths I went with a 7D, just make sure I had plenty of toe room. No issues there, and the heel slip is minimal.

Overall I'm really pleased with these boots, and look forward to beating the snot out of them in my super rugged and rough suburban backyard when things warm up ;)

I am not sure if this has been posted, but I love this guy's channel...

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps surprisingly, expensive cars never interested me... I drive a 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis... do all my own maintenance (for fun), runs like a top, great condition for 14 years old, big, comfortable, body on frame, RWD, V8, and best of all no car payments... which means more money for boots!
I could relate to no car payment, my Camaro is paid off and that's what I have been thinking about ordering a third pair of White's, hey! its less than a car payment lol

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been posted, but I love this guy's channel...

I like his channel but he lost me when at 10:31s in this video he started counting the number of layers!

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
please share
Kyle confirmed today that we are go for a new Styleforum collaboration. It should be available to order on the website within the next month or two.

It will be a Moc Toe Boot
7"
CXL
Gold Eyelets, top speed hook
Wedge Sole
38 Swing toe, MP heel
The CXL will receive a matte topcoat so it doesn't get shiny at all.

The model will be Called the Most Legal of Eagles. It will be a boot designed for those who live the mountain life, but may find themselves stepping into the courtroom at any time.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kyle confirmed today that we are go for a new Styleforum collaboration. It should be available to order on the website within the next month or two.

7"
CXL
Wedge Sole
38 Swing toe, MP heel

The model will be Called the Most Legal of Eagles. It will be a boot designed for those who live the mountain life, but may find themselves stepping into the courtroom at any time.
You guys are killing me...

Alaskaking

Reaction score
Is it weird i want to look at that seam now? It cant be that bad, cant it?
It is weird. There are lots of places on the internet where you can find other people’s fails.?

OK, @Alaskaking... you posted about the seam, now you need to post pics so we can all opine...

? I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.

0CE79462-627A-4F77-B2BA-4F54B2F9F0DA.jpeg 0EE87D53-BC13-4789-BA6F-A8B422511AA5.jpeg 859C9066-B227-4E3E-AD5D-A1BA77A93858.jpeg 5A42E437-6EB2-4B94-9CDA-06CCE856A7DF.jpeg 83943749-2BCF-4C42-B20B-D0F4AB0559FF.jpeg A8E9A4E5-C213-45DF-A22A-E34788D42BDC.jpeg

The pictures won’t really do it justice. Unfortunately, because they are brown dress, they really wear quickly along that line too as you can see in the last picture ... but I’ve got some product on the way to darken that up a little. (I had sound legal advice)
Who doesn’t like products?
1606868699896.gif

“What about the enormous crease though Captain?”

“No one will notice it.”.

F207AB3E-3461-4877-AAFC-1514291BBA5D.jpeg

“what crease?”

C7CB3A9D-E53E-4A3C-93BC-B2E71901E24D.jpeg

Attachments

• 1606869106027.gif
    1606869106027.gif
    481.6 KB · Views: 99

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
7"
CXL
Wedge Sole
38 Swing toe, MP heel

Just put my order in. Fukking DREAM build!

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is weird. There are lots of places on the internet where you can find other people’s fails.?

? I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.

View attachment 1508454 View attachment 1508455 View attachment 1508456 View attachment 1508457 View attachment 1508458 View attachment 1508459

The pictures won’t really do it justice. Unfortunately, because they are brown dress, they really wear quickly along that line too as you can see in the last picture ... but I’ve got some product on the way to darken that up a little. (I had sound legal advice)
Who doesn’t like products?
View attachment 1508468

“What about the enormous crease though Captain?”

“No one will notice it.”.

View attachment 1508470

“what crease?”

View attachment 1508471
I had that same issue with a lace to toe pair, I have no idea what would cause it. It's like that put a pipe cleaner between the celastic insert and the leather

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been said before and I'm sure it'll be said again, but Baker's just has the best customer service.

Slightly off topic but I "needed" a non-tech wear backpack to go with my boots. On the recent sale at Bakers, I picked this backpack. The discounts stacked so not a bad deal for around $100. Will make a good work laptop bag/gym bag if they ever re-open the campus.

discomute

Reaction score
(Wedge soles look great on certain types of shoes, if you ask me):

The same types of shoes that go with pyjamas?

7"
CXL
Wedge Sole
38 Swing toe, MP heel

How many different tones of dark brown does each individual boot come with?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads