• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we say it all the time, but I want to reiterate my appreciation for Kyle (@Quack Attack). Dude is in the middle of his busiest sale, and has still taken a tremendous amount of time to email with me and deal with my questions. Everything from stretching on a pair that I still cant get comfortable, and now I am running him through the sizing gambit again as it probably makes more sense to order a new pair. The current shade of Distressed RO is looking so tempting.

Dude is so unbelievably patient and helpful, it's unreal. So thank you Kyle (and sorry in advance)

klank74

Reaction score
So we say it all the time, but I want to reiterate my appreciation for Kyle (@Quack Attack). Dude is in the middle of his busiest sale, and has still taken a tremendous amount of time to email with me and deal with my questions. Everything from stretching on a pair that I still cant get comfortable, and now I am running him through the sizing gambit again as it probably makes more sense to order a new pair. The current shade of Distressed RO is looking so tempting.

Dude is so unbelievably patient and helpful, it's unreal. So thank you Kyle (and sorry in advance)
I can vouch for him and Brandon as well. They were both incredibly patient with me during the almost 2 months and 2 try on pairs it took me to finally settle on a size and last before ordering my boots. The people answering the phones there are very polite and a pleasure to talk to as well.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for him and Brandon as well. They were both incredibly patient with me during the almost 2 months and 2 try on pairs it took me to finally settle on a size and last before ordering my boots. The people answering the phones there are very polite and a pleasure to talk to as well.

Brandon is also awesome. Actually their whole team is great.

For those of you with the 5050 on the MP last any reason not to do it? Sent Kyle some pictures of my trouble areas and we chatted a bit about doing the 5050 this time. With the sales ending today, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get the order placed by this evening.

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Does a 6 inch bounty hunter work with vibram christy wedge sole? I love the comfort of the Red Wing moc toe and considering a lace to toe BH but with the wedge sole (if this build is even possible).

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does a 6 inch bounty hunter work with vibram christy wedge sole? I love the comfort of the Red Wing moc toe and considering a lace to toe BH but with the wedge sole (if this build is even possible).
You are new here... so let me first welcome you to this crazy group...

You will learn there are a few hot button issues when it comes to White's... one of these is the suitability of a Christy Wedge sole on a PNW boot.

There are two main schools of thought...

On side hates them, and believes that every time you put a wedge sole on a pair of White's boots, you are committing a crime against nature, you must turn in your man card, and God kills a puppy...

The other side is thinks the first group is actually being too kind...

Bottom line... friends don't let friends put wedge soles on PNW boots.

That is my opinion... I welcome yours...

js0930

Reaction score

White’s new Rambler is a version of this, though not lace to toe. Or, you could buy the Custom Cougar by Whites that Baker sells. It’s on the NW Last, but other than that it’s basically a Bounty Hunter specced out as a wedge sole boot.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Ignore LE, wedge soles are cool. @js0930 is right, the Rambler is a 350 (White’s name for the bounty hunter) on a wedge sole. You should be able to contact them and put in a custom order if there’s anything you want to change on the boot.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ignore LE...
Deep in our hearts.. way down in the cockles... and even in the sub-cockle area... in dark places we do not like to acknowledge, much less talk about... we all know wedge soles are an abomination... I just have the intestinal fortitude to write it...

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deep in our hearts.. way down in the cockles... and even in the sub-cockle area... in dark places we do not like to acknowledge, much less talk about... we all know wedge soles are an abomination... I just have the intestinal fortitude to write it...
Based on what I see i,e Cougar, I will pass too, goes against the whole idea of tough but classy boot that White's is!!!

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Dang you guys are quick! Thanks for the responses. Yes I was considering the rambler but my issues are no lace to toe option, the heel looks too thick for my taste (almost like platform shoes) and I want burgundy CXL.

I might go with a normal non-crepe sole build, just debating my options before the Black Friday sale ends.

Just to confirm sizing, the BH is generally roomier in the toes and wider in the ball/width than an MP? So if my MP size is 8E or 8.5E, I could probably fit an 8.5D for the BH?

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[C]considering a lace to toe BH but with the wedge sole...

I want burgundy CXL.
Come on man... you have 4 posts and have managed to suggest both a Christy sole and CXL for your boots... are you deliberately messing with me?

Why don't you just stab me through the heart... or while you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it? ;)

Luscombe

Reaction score
Dang you guys are quick! Thanks for the responses. Yes I was considering the rambler but my issues are no lace to toe option, the heel looks too thick for my taste (almost like platform shoes) and I want burgundy CXL.

I might go with a normal non-crepe sole build, just debating my options before the Black Friday sale ends.

Just to confirm sizing, the BH is generally roomier in the toes and wider in the ball/width than an MP? So if my MP size is 8E or 8.5E, I could probably fit an 8.5D for the BH?

Oh Oh!
You are 4 posts in and have managed to push 2 of LE's hot buttons.
This should be fun. I'm going to get some popcorn and watch the show.

Oh, welcome to the gang, it's good to have you. I hope you stay.

Alaskaking

Reaction score

If you get LTT, make sure you get a celastic toe. There is a longitudinal seam in the toe box that it hides. I did NOT get this warning even after two calls pre custom order. You don't want to look at that seam. Everyday. All day. Even In your dreams.

js0930

Reaction score

We want to get into abominations, let’s talk about polishing work boots...

As far as wedge soles are concerned, really comfortable, useful for certain jobs and much easier to keep clean if you are working in a finished environment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads