• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I don't like the contrast stitching, so this is a relief.
You will also save $30. Put it towards your next White's purchase : )

Woodtroll

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I don't like the contrast stitching, so this is a relief.

Lots of folks do like the contrast stitching, but it brings with it a whole new layer of boot care. You can’t just polish or grease the boots, you have to thoroughly clean them and then use a neutral polish or conditioner to keep that stitching clean and “contrasting”. I admire the folks with that level of dedication to taking care of their gear, and do like the looks of some of the contrasts I’ve seen, but I’m too lazy for that. ;) I’m happy to be able to brush on oil, grease, or polish as required and be done with it!

So don’t feel too bad; there’s at least two of us monochrome heathens on here.:)

iamntbatman

Reaction score
I got the contrast khaki stitching on my olive waxed flesh bounty hunters I just ordered specifically because I know I'm probably barely ever going to touch that leather with any product, which should help keep the color of the stitching intact. Dunno if I'd bother with it on smooth leather that I'd be more likely to condition/oil/polish.

discomute

Reaction score
Lots of folks do like the contrast stitching, but it brings with it a whole new layer of boot care. You can’t just polish or grease the boots, you have to thoroughly clean them and then use a neutral polish or conditioner to keep that stitching clean and “contrasting”. I admire the folks with that level of dedication to taking care of their gear, and do like the looks of some of the contrasts I’ve seen, but I’m too lazy for that. ;) I’m happy to be able to brush on oil, grease, or polish as required and be done with it!

So don’t feel too bad; there’s at least two of us monochrome heathens on here.:)
With you completely
I actually prefer black and dark brown sole thread for most of White's boots

Woodtroll

Reaction score
I got the contrast khaki stitching on my olive waxed flesh bounty hunters I just ordered specifically because I know I'm probably barely ever going to touch that leather with any product, which should help keep the color of the stitching intact. Dunno if I'd bother with it on smooth leather that I'd be more likely to condition/oil/polish.

That sounds like a sharp color combination, and I agree that those boots would be a good use of contrasting (or in this case, complimentary?) stitching. I hope that you'll be sure to post pictures here when you get them!

klank74

Reaction score
That sounds like a sharp color combination, and I agree that those boots would be a good use of contrasting (or in this case, complimentary?) stitching. I hope that you'll be sure to post pictures here when you get them!
It’s looks good with brown dress too if I may say so myself?
E215C07B-702F-485E-9914-122B74FA8C4F.jpeg

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like these SD’s so much that I’m ordering another pair in black elk tan. This sale is dangerous.
Which ones? Refresh my memory lol

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have ordered two BHs during the sale but the pointed toe packers (White's not Hathorns) look great. Like @Chrikelnel mentioned this sale is dangerous but I also remember @Luscombe 's recommendation to take this (White's boots) as a marathon and not a sprint.
I am kind on the fence about a third White's pair. What do experts here think? Should I wait until I get my two BHs and order more during next sale (Father's day sale)?
Thanks

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
I have ordered two BHs during the sale but the pointed toe packers (White's not Hathorns) look great. Like @Chrikelnel mentioned this sale is dangerous but I also remember @Luscombe 's recommendation to take this (White's boots) as a marathon and not a sprint.
I am kind on the fence about a third White's pair. What do experts here think? Should I wait until I get my two BHs and order more during next sale (Father's day sale)?
Thanks
For me, I’ve sold off a lot of viberg/other boots that didn’t quite work sizing wise, so I feel comfortable buying them fast because I’m filling holes in the rotation that I know get a lot of use.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, I’ve sold off a lot of viberg/other boots that didn’t quite work sizing wise, so I feel comfortable buying them fast because I’m filling holes in the rotation that I know get a lot of use.
I have a ton of AE boots, they are great especially for the price but have no arch support. I could try to sell them but Ebay fees and return policy among other things are making me hesitant. I would probably make half of what I have paid for the new pairs(AE).
I dont know if I should keep them or take a loss and get rid of them?
That's probably one of the reasons I am a little cautious about White's. Although there is no comparison between the two brand but I would hate to make the same mistake!!!
Man, I need to get out of the house, oh shoot ! Most of the places are closed or closing early lol

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
I have a ton of AE boots, they are great especially for the price but have no arch support. I could try to sell them but Ebay fees and return policy among other things are making me hesitant. I would probably make half of what I have paid for the new pairs(AE).
I dont know if I should keep them or take a loss and get rid of them?
That's probably one of the reasons I am a little cautious about White's. Although there is no comparison between the two brand but I would hate to make the same mistake!!!
Man, I need to get out of the house, oh shoot ! Most of the places are closed or closing early lol
If you don’t wear them get rid of them. Even with the loss it’s not worth keeping shoes you don’t wear, and if you only get a bit for them it’s still a bit you can put toward white’s/other purchases. If you want to avoid fees I’m sure there’s an AE BST over on the CM side.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads