• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lest you think I am trying to show off (far from it)... let me set the record straight... I did not purchase that Rolex, it is a 25 year old 2 line sub I wear every day... and used to be my dad's before he passed.

That being said it is my most prized material possession in all the world.
I agree, take good care of that watch!

Honestly if my dad's watch did not have sentimental value, I would wear a G-Shock. There is no way I would pay today's prices for a Rolex... the market has gone crazy...
Now you have spoken like an Engineer, I have a few watches but my most favorite is G-shock (GPW1000).

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I placed an order for two bounty Hunters
1) British Tan
double midsole, 8 inches tall, elastic toe, dress toe cap, rolled top, black liner and V100 lug soles (will talk to Kyle about lug soles)
2) Burgundy HH, everything the same but Vibram 430 soles.

Edit: Annual Bonus is gone lol. I am happy to have a job and get a bonus.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) British Tan
double midsole, 8 inches tall, elastic toe, dress toe cap, rolled top, black liner and V100 lug soles (will talk to Kyle about lug soles)

Edit: Annual Bonus is gone lol. I am happy to have a job and get a bonus.

Interesting - they had burgundy HH for your order?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted! I thought this was another example of us all hearing different things from Baker's...
No, definitely not! I have a ton of boots from Allen Edmonds and I can wait!

wordfool

Reaction score
1) British Tan double midsole, 8 inches tall, elastic toe, dress toe cap, rolled top, black liner and V100 lug soles (will talk to Kyle about lug soles)

What are your concerns/questions about lug soles? Curious because I'm still vacillating between block and standard heel for my Vib100-soled BHs.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are your concerns/questions about lug soles? Curious because I'm still vacillating between block and standard heel for my Vib100-soled BHs.
The reason behind double mid soles and V100 (on one pair that I ordered) is, I don't want to feel the ground, if that makes sense. I also like the look of V100 soles.
Just want to make I am not overdoing it? I work in an office (pre-corona) and wear jeans most days.

edinphila

Reaction score
Lest you think I am trying to show off (far from it)... let me set the record straight... I did not purchase that Rolex, it is a 25 year old 2 line sub I wear every day... and used to be my dad's before he passed.

That being said it is my most prized material possession in all the world.

See here:

Honestly if my dad's watch did not have sentimental value, I would wear a G-Shock. There is no way I would pay today's prices for a Rolex... the market has gone crazy...
Ha! I’ve had my dad’s Rolex that dates from 1953 since the early 80s. He told me it’s was a piece of crap when he gave it to me. It was a gift from a old girlfriend and i never saw him wear it. After spending enough money on it over the years on maintenance and repairs, I threw it in a drawer 12 or 13 years ago. Bought a G-Shock. Then, I bought another G-Shock. Total investment, $162. Two years ago, I went nuts and spent $500 on an Oceanus, a Japan domestic market line from Casio. All three are solar powered and get the evening radio signal to correct the time. Great watches! Could not be happier.

klugtrane

Reaction score
Could anybody that has the Baker's Oxford speak to arch support? I asked Kyle about the last and he said it's between the 55 and the barrie, but I've read on here that it's completely flat so I wanted to get more info.

I don't have a barrie lasted shoe to compare to, but on a scale from flat to 55, it's closer to flat.

YMMV, but I had a block heel and half sole put on mine, but I find them to be absurdly heavy for a shoe and struggle with heel lift because they are not flexible. Would be different with a crepe sole, I'm sure. I also was advised to size up a half size from my 55 size, and for me, this was not the right call. Again, sample size of one.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
IMG_8620.jpeg

Just got these crazy nice natural HH SD's from @PACostag because I got fed up with nobody providing updates with how this leather wears. Excited to break these in while I begin the wait for my Black Friday orders.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Looking to place a Bakers order for Smoke Jumpers and Semi Dress’ but need your guys’ input on sizing.

for reference:
Brannock - 9.5
Viberg 2030 /1045 last - 8.5
Wesco MP 1339 Last -
Truman P-79 last - 9.5D
John Lofgren engineer last - 9
John Lofgren Donkey Puncher - 8.5
Alden 379x last - 9

and does anyone know what option I need to put for them to stamp the White’s logo on the side? Or is that standard?

Jimk4003

Reaction score
The reason behind double mid soles and V100 (on one pair that I ordered) is, I don't want to feel the ground, if that makes sense. I also like the look of V100 soles.
Just want to make I am not overdoing it? I work in an office (pre-corona) and wear jeans most days.
It's going to be chunky for sure, but I'm sure that's why you've gone for it.

Is it 'overdoing it'? Not if that's what you want. It's your bonus, and you worked hard for it. You should spend it on what you want.

Just be sure to post some pics when they eventually arrive; they're going to be beasts.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's going to be chunky for sure, but I'm sure that's why you've gone for it.

Is it 'overdoing it'? Not if that's what you want. It's your bonus, and you worked hard for it. You should spend it on what you want.

Just be sure to post some pics when they eventually arrive; they're going to be beasts.
Thank you!
I went to town on all those options : )
dress cap toe, celastic toe, rolled top, pull-loops, double mid soles etc.
Added $142 to HH and $150 BH order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads