• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Netvine

Reaction score
A prime example of high quality boots!
Did you get any rebuilds?
What kind of sole and hardware?
Thanks
Brass hardware, DblMidsole, 430 Vibram.
I had the 430 resoled a year and a half ago. No rebuilds, no problems. I am hoping that White’s will consider resoling with their new okanagan sole next time I send them in.

your pictures inspired me chicagoan2016!

Bronco68

Reaction score
They look good, I really like the triple midole. Once I get my extra paycheck for coronavirus, I am going to order BH with triple or double midsole and vibram lug soles lol. I go this pic from Baker website but I think in the pic they have got single midsole.

Can someone please tell me what the build is on this boot in the pic from Baker’s website? I really like the look and looking for a boot that I can dress up (khakis & navy blazer) or dress down with jeans.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
The one in that post looks to me like:

Bounty Hunter, 6" height, single midsole, Vibram 100 lug sole, cut top, can't see if there are pull loops, standard trim, standard heel height, medallion cap toe, celastic toe, probably British Tan leather, brass hardware.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one in that post looks to me like:

Bounty Hunter, 6" height, single midsole, Vibram 100 lug sole, cut top, can't see if there are pull loops, standard trim, standard heel height, medallion cap toe, celastic toe, probably British Tan leather, brass hardware.
You got it, I got almost the same reply from Baker's

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your pictures inspired me chicagoan2016!
[/QUOTE]
Which pictures bro? :)

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Gave the Distressed work boots a wash & swapped some laces out. I particularly like the drab green paired with the brown work leather
6F2AB7EE-5139-41E2-A1F4-36FB1EC15CD1.jpeg

64C45D8D-1D7C-49FF-8F84-6F6F12BC6957.jpeg

E6FA88D3-4DD2-42C4-B4AC-4A0CF0B8369D.jpeg

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neognosis

Reaction score
I've got a pair of ~ 4 or 5 year old semi-dress. I love them, but I had to send them back when I received them years ago because the back part was crooked, the heels were of different heights, and one heel was crooked. Now they are due for a resole, but I don't think I'm going to send them back to White's. I think I'm going to take my chances with a local guy. At least I'll get them back within a month and if there's anything wrong, it won't be months of back and forth.

ThreeLions

Reaction score
Following up as I said I would.

My new 5050 last, Black Dress, MP's have broken in nicely. Not that it took much, they were very comfortable since day one. They've been worn 5 days a week for about 4 weeks at this point.

I've probably polished them twice in that time. Initially with Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovator cream conditioner. Followed by Medaille d’Or Pommadier Black Cream, and finally, Medaille D'or 1925 Pate De Luxe Black Wax Polish on the toe and heel only.

I am very happy with these. The only thing that I think I would change is that I would have liked them in size 12 ½ C instead of 12 D, but “C” width lasts aren’t available yet on the 5050. Since we’re only talking about 1/8th of an inch, I’m really splitting hairs here.

Great boots and very comfortable! Night and day from the regular MP’s that I tried on at the White’s showroom (those were really flat).

Pics from today:

gQAMb6N.jpg

Kaeshm4.jpg

Luscombe

Reaction score
I think we are all waiting for the 5050 last to be officially offered. I do not see them offered on White's site.
You were fortunate to lay your hands on a pair.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
@ThreeLions - nice hearing youre getting on great with the 50/50's. We're lucky to have a member like you here to give real life reports before the boots are released. A solid 4 weeks of wear is a good amount of time to break them in & gather your thoughts. The polish you put on that Black Dress leather is excellent!

@ExtraitdeMinimalist - Those false tongues are not standard. They are the Lace-To-Toe style & special ordered in full length. I had to cut them to length as they are long enough to go all the way up on a 12" boot. To me, the LTT style is a tidier look for a couple reasons:
- Shorter & less pronounced decorative cut patter. Standard cut are much deeper & wider.
- The patterned end doesn't stick out as far because the lace holes are close to the end.
*pic

@Netvine - Thanks. They are just some randoms I found on Amazon. I'm open to any/all lace recommendations though! I wish we had a bit more conversation about laces here. For instance, those laces are 63" and a great length for my 8" boots.

@chicagoan2016 - The Distressed Smooth boots have a Vibram 700 V-Bar sole. The other pair is Brown Smooth over Rough-Out on Honey Vibram 100 lug soles. Both pairs are the Farmer/Rancher model on the 55 last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads