• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whaley

Reaction score
Didn’t say they shouldn’t be compared. Just said a better comparison would be a 350.

The MP is more of a dress boot. Still hand welted, hand sewn with stitch down construction. It’s meant to be a sleeker boot. That’s the entire point of the thinner midsole and heal counter.. if you want something that looks like the other boot in the video order a Cruiser with a cap toe. We also have a crap ton of different soles you can order with whatever boot.

hope that helps. Definitely not trying to be rude or anything like that. You ever want to hop on a call just shoot me a DM. Always down to answer any questions you might have.

Last edited:

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn’t say they shouldn’t be compared. Just said a better comparison would be a 350. The boot you are talking about that was referenced in the video is in fact built on a 55 last. The 350 is also built on a 55 last.

The MP is more of a dress boot. Still hand welted, hand sewn with stitch down construction. It’s meant to be a sleeker boot. That’s the entire point of the thinner midsole and heal counter.. if you want something that looks like the other boot in the video order a Cruiser with a cap toe. We also have a crap ton of different soles you can order with whatever boot.

hope that helps. Definitely not trying to be rude or anything like that. You ever want to hop on a call just shoot me a DM. Always down to answer any questions you might have.
I am learning here so bear with me please, but it appears you work for White's, am I right?
Thank you

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fushaw

Reaction score
Hmmm. Now I’m curious if my BHs use a cork cushion in the front, ball-area of the boot?

I figured this was common amongst boot makers and assumed all Whites Boots had then as a part of their construction.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s no cork in the MP. Fact. Also a better comparison would be a 350 in that video. Fact.

Bears, beats, battlestar galactica
-Jim Halpert
So the video is incorrect with regard to the MP... no cork there?
But there is cork in the Main Streets correct?
May I ask why the decision was made to use cork in the Main Streets?
Can you compare and contrast the White's 55 Last and the Nick's 55 Last... your comment about the 350 also being built on a 55 last (not the 55 last) could lead the casual reader to infer that there are differences...
Also can you confirm that no White's are made in Asia?

Many Thanks...

Last edited:

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Now I’m curious if my BHs use a cork cushion in the front, ball-area of the boot?

I figured this was common amongst boot makers and assumed all Whites Boots had then as a part of their construction.
No way... for many years White's made a huge point of advertising their boots as the "all leather legend"... no steel shank, no cellulose, and certainly no cork...

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the video is incorrect with regard to the MP... no cork there?
But there is cork in the Main Streets correct?
May I ask why the decision was made to use cork in the Main Streets?
Can you compare and contrast the White's 55 Last and the Nick's 55 Last... your comment about the 350 also being built on a 55 last (not the 55 last) could lead the casual reader to infer that there are differences...
Also can you confirm that no White's are made in Asia?

Many Thanks...
I hope it's just an honest mistake on part of Caul Murawski!

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here is a screen shot from Carl Murawski's video. My inexperienced eyes don't see the cork on White's (on the left side of the picture) but I do see a black layer of some 'material' between the two layers of leather on Nicks (on the right side of the pic), I have circled the spots.

Attachments

• WhitesVsNicks.PNG
    WhitesVsNicks.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 187

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

montanamike

Reaction score
How is Elk tan compared to CXL and horse hide? is it more like horse hide?
In the sense it will take a polish, I assume so. It's my first direct experience with it so time will tell but I am assuming similar properties to dress brown

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics