• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MCM

Reaction score
Nice boots! Isn’t it a relief when that new pair of boots fit and look like you hoped they would?

It really is! They’d been rattling around in my head for months, and they’re more than I ever could have expected. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pair of Whites in person before this to be honest.

Very nice. I have been wearing mine all week while working from home and enjoying the smell of my boots wafting up from under the desk.

I know I saw it posted about here but I really underestimated how great the smell would be...

wordfool

Reaction score
My brown HH MPs finally arrived! I was a bit surprised to see 7F on the box, as I usually wear an 8D, but man did Kyle nail the fit on these. Wonderfully snug in the heel, but more room for my toes to spread out than any pair of boots I’ve ever had.

Not sure who said it, but damn this horsehide smells incredible! It’s incredibly supple, and the color is really lovely as well. Very excited to really break these in, they’re already more comfy than I’d expected.

That color is amazing -- they look like chocolate boots!

MCM

Reaction score
That color is amazing -- they look like chocolate boots!

The color really is wonderful, a lot of depth to it. They look more straight brown in shade or indoor light, but in direct sunlight there are these beautiful copper and caramel tones.

Here they are in the shade:
B78CFC7B-CE42-4244-96DD-9273973BEC98.jpeg

And another in the sun:
48FF3ED3-68CF-4AA6-8387-2CB4F18B4CDF.jpeg

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MCM

Reaction score
Looks like Danite -- the only other option on MPs being half-commando

Yup, went with Dainite on these. I have a pair of Red Wing Beckmans that are real big and chunky, was looking for something a little sleeker for these boots, and I think the Dainite gives them a nice rugged/refined blend.

Full makeup:

MP Leathers: Brown Horsehide by Horween
Toe Cap: Vintage 4-Row Toe Cap
Sole: Dainite Sole
Celastic Toe Box: No Thanks
Hardware: Antique Eyes & Hooks
Logos / Embossing: Yes - I want standard logos and embossing!
Size - Length: 7
Size - Width: F (Practically clubfoot)

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went for a hike today with my wife and she was admiring my boots. I looked down and agreed, they are beautiful.

Later in the day, changing out to my yard work White's to do some pre-fall yard cleanup.

Attachments

• IMG_20200920_113634956_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200920_113634956_HDR.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20200920_141452966.jpg
    IMG_20200920_141452966.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 151

fushaw

Reaction score
My Brown HH BH's showed up on Thursday. I'll try and get some pictures up later today but they came out perfect. If the White's "lottery" exists, I like to think that I scored because these boots are really well made. I was looking at earlier boots in the thread where people were comparing the symmetry between boots and my boots are almost 100% perfectly symmetrical! They just came out great and the stitching looks great, the welt is neat IMO, and they smell amazing!

Kyle and I talked multiple times about size and he originally recommended a 7.5 and then after I sent in another set of drawings and talked about my Brannock size of a 9.5, we settled on a 8.5C/E last. The boots came stamped 8.5D size so IDK if its a 8.5C/E like I ordered, but they actually fit really really well. The heel has about 1/8" of play, which with some thicker socks and some wearing in should go away, and the toe box is roomy and doesn't squeeze my feet like many other shoes.

The break in so far has been okay I guess. They're a little stiff with the HH and the lining and being 8" tall so I expect a good breakin. I probably have about 10 hours in the boots so far and they're already adjusting to my feet a little bit.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went for a hike today with my wife and she was admiring my boots. I looked down and agreed, they are beautiful.

Later in the day, changing out to my yard work White's to do some pre-fall yard cleanup.
Sharp looking boots : ), are they bounty hunters in British Tan? share some configuration please, I am planning to use White's for hiking and walking (yes!), I have tried different sneakers but currently use Allen Edmonds boots for my daily walk lol

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sharp looking boots : ), are they bounty hunters in British Tan? share some configuration please, I am planning to use White's for hiking and walking (yes!), I have tried different sneakers but currently use Allen Edmonds boots for my daily walk lol

BH in natural CXL, unlined, lace to toe, 8", celastic toe, brass HW, natural edge, standard heel and height, cut top, pull tabs, no embossing.

The Nid Hog

Reaction score
I've been reading back through the discussion of the similarity between dry tan, elk tan, and brown dress. I might have missed it, but is there an additional charge for elk tan, as opposed to brown dress? Also, is it regularly available? I don't see it in the pulldown menu for Bounty Hunters. I recently got a sample of the brown dress, and I think it looks amazing. Still, I think I'd like a little more weight. Elk tan sounds like it would be exactly what I want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics