• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yumacool

Reaction score
I own several pairs of Whites Semi Dress Boots for their ruggedness and great arch support. I like them a lot. I own pairs of other boots, however, (Red Wing, Gokey, Alden Indy, all made in the USA) in which I wear Superfeet insoles to provide the arch support they lack. This has worked pretty well -- you might want to consider it for some of your Allen-Edmonds. That way you will enjoy both worlds, plus save a great deal of money.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own several pairs of Whites Semi Dress Boots for their ruggedness and great arch support. I like them a lot. I own pairs of other boots, however, (Red Wing, Gokey, Alden Indy, all made in the USA) in which I wear Superfeet insoles to provide the arch support they lack. This has worked pretty well -- you might want to consider it for some of your Allen-Edmonds. That way you will enjoy both worlds, plus save a great deal of money.
I need to order some superfeet insoles, I have a ton of Allen Edmonds boots which I like but they don't have the arch support and yes Allen Edmonds provide great boots in that price range. I have bought AE Higgins Mill (Factory seconds) for $157 and they were in very good condition.
Thank you

yumacool

Reaction score
Superfeet insoles provide excellent arch support -- just get the correct size! You got a great price for those AE Higgins boots.

wordfool

Reaction score
Six weeks seems interminable to many people to have to wait for a pair of custom boots. During fire season, or when things are slow, the wait can stretch as long as 10 weeks. I once waited 16 weeks for a pair of Wesco Boots.

For anyone living in places with hot, humid summers the key is perhaps to order in early July so the wait is irrelevant since wearing boots in summer would just result in a case of swamp foot. It made my recent 10-week wait for SDs tolerable. Better to not have the boots at all than to have them and stare at them every day wishing I could actually wear them outdoors.

Last edited:

klugtrane

Reaction score
If I’m not waiting six months for custom boots I’m waiting about the same for a NFA tax stamp. :))

Are they down to six months now? For e-file?

Hey, at least that's better than Randall knives and my five-six year waits...

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they down to six months now? For e-file?

Hey, at least that's better than Randall knives and my five-six year waits...
Been waiting 6 years for a watch strap...although, at this point, Im fairly certain I must not actually be on the wait list.

The Nid Hog

Reaction score
I once ordered (and paid in full) for a semi-custom rifle that was promised in a year. The delivery took five years, which was bad enough, but then they tried to charge me the difference in the price that had increased over the four extra years they took to produce the rifle. THAT was the last straw!

Five years? I bet you missed the shot.

MCM

Reaction score
My brown HH MPs finally arrived! I was a bit surprised to see 7F on the box, as I usually wear an 8D, but man did Kyle nail the fit on these. Wonderfully snug in the heel, but more room for my toes to spread out than any pair of boots I’ve ever had.

Not sure who said it, but damn this horsehide smells incredible! It’s incredibly supple, and the color is really lovely as well. Very excited to really break these in, they’re already more comfy than I’d expected.
A2BE3F12-2477-4E06-A07F-E702971E41E4.jpeg
4FBCFD53-6F42-4DBF-ADE2-6C5473746F9B.jpeg
DA791DAB-EE04-4474-9E34-E838AB221CE5.jpeg
AD601838-BC89-4D79-AE9F-5970A963D964.jpeg

Woodtroll

Reaction score
My brown HH MPs finally arrived! I was a bit surprised to see 7F on the box, as I usually wear an 8D, but man did Kyle nail the fit on these. Wonderfully snug in the heel, but more room for my toes to spread out than any pair of boots I’ve ever had.

Not sure who said it, but damn this horsehide smells incredible! It’s incredibly supple, and the color is really lovely as well. Very excited to really break these in, they’re already more comfy than I’d expected.
View attachment 1461260 View attachment 1461261 View attachment 1461263 View attachment 1461264

Nice boots! Isn’t it a relief when that new pair of boots fit and look like you hoped they would?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1461260 View attachment 1461261 View attachment 1461263 View attachment 1461264

Very nice. I have been wearing mine all week while working from home and enjoying the smell of my boots wafting up from under the desk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads