• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gulp... April?

How long was it from your order to receiving your first pair? Here I was thinking after 5 weeks I was getting "close"

I think the first pair came in July if I remember correctly. These were sent back by Bakers to White's three times for unspecified defects. The third time, the order didn't go through so they sat until I inquired about them. They gave me store credit and threw in a hat and some socks for my trouble.

fushaw

Reaction score
Is it standard to get updates from them about the boots? Should I reach out after 6, 8, or 10 weeks to see how things are coming along?

I know that my tracings got stuck for over 1 month and once I reached out I was able to push that along.

barbellhacks

Reaction score
do you think lug soles will look over the top?

I have the Bounty Hunters with lug soles. They're very definitely my "mountain activity boots". I would never wear them in an office setting (even casual).

I live in a pretty harsh climate and the 430 is perfectly fine for around-town use.

wordfool

Reaction score
Is it standard to get updates from them about the boots? Should I reach out after 6, 8, or 10 weeks to see how things are coming along?

I know that my tracings got stuck for over 1 month and once I reached out I was able to push that along.

No harm in sending a friendly email, but at this time of year 8-10 weeks is pretty normal for build times. The SDs I received a few weeks back took about 10 weeks from order to shipping IIRC

paulraphael

Reaction score
8" Bounty Hunter with 430 sole.

Horsehide. Any color.

I thought about doing that, but decided against such an expensive leather for my first pair. It seemed there was enough of a chance they wouldn't get the size just right, or I'd find details that annoyed me. So I decided to save horse for a 2nd pair.

As it turns out I got lucky ... no complaints. My 2nd pair will probably be sized exactly the same as the first. But I've got no regrets. I love the distressed smooth, and it will be a great work leather someday when it takes on so much patina that it looks ratty.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HH day two wearing them around the house. Taking a break after lunch with the dog.

IMG_20200915_131552323.jpg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hows the break in? They look 8"?

Thats going to be exactly what my pair end up being except single row stitching

Maybe I just have easy feet but no issues. My natural CXL caused some rubbing on the top on my big toe knuckle on the left foot but that went away with a couple wears. No issues so far.

Both of the boots I ordered are 8".

fushaw

Reaction score
Speak of the devil. Just got my shipping notification in my inbox!

Fingers crossed for the Whites lottery! HH shouldn't have any issues like CXL but fingers crossed to that as well!

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speak of the devil. Just got my shipping notification in my inbox!

Fingers crossed for the Whites lottery! HH shouldn't have any issues like CXL but fingers crossed to that as well!
What kind of issues folks notice with CXL from White's? I love the British Tan CXL. I have Allen Edmonds boots in CXL and to my inexperienced eyes they look fine.
Thank you

Last edited:

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a great question, deserving of vigorous debate...

This just keeps getting better and better...

Hold on, I have to go get something... I'll be right back...

OK... all set...

View attachment 1459254
I enjoyed your reply : ), so please tell me
1)Issues with CXL folks report?
2) British tan CXL?
Thank you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics