• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Horse lifetime = 25 - 30 years while a cow's = 18 - 22 years. Now, you might feel like that proves your point, but the longer the skin sees wear and tear on the original animal, the less supple and tolerant it will be following tanning. Plus if you have ever tipped an oiled cow, you know how tough that oiled leather can be. Also horses throw shoes. Cows don't need shoes. Cows are also so superior, they are worshiped in some areas. Also if you recall, the reliance on horse was the ultimate demise of the Trojans, its longevity was surprisingly short.

Yes, but horses tend to have closer relationships with humans which should cause the HH to wear closer and mold better to your feet. In addition, if you want to be famous, choose HH. Can you name a single famous cow? I didn't think so. Are there any movies made about cows? I think not. Plenty of famous and movie star horses though.

So, for the optimal in fits and for fame and fortune, there is only one choice, HH.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but horses tend to have closer relationships with humans which should cause the HH to wear closer and mold better to your feet. In addition, if you want to be famous, choose HH. Can you name a single famous cow? I didn't think so. Are there any movies made about cows? I think not. Plenty of famous and movie star horses though.

So, for the optimal in fits and for fame and fortune, there is only one choice, HH.
Ah, we call this a straw man argument. HH may very well mold to you better due to the species bond, but human skins constantly sheds and flakes off requiring the regeneration of new skin. Once a human is skinned, it looses it regenerative property, so said relationship of the Horsehide means it's inheriting an even shorter lifespan.

Famous cows:
Mini Moo - Disneyland. You will also recall the well famed California cows that current run advertisements about their booming company. Here is some additional sources on enterprising bovine: https://www.americandairy.com/dairy-farms/dairy-cows/famous-cows-of-the-world.stml#:~:text=Minnie Moo: A famous Holstein,educational cow at the Pa.
Please note their prominancy in show biz, owing to their thick skin, so to speak.

tocohillsguy

Reaction score
Ah, we call this a straw man argument. HH may very well mold to you better due to the species bond, but human skins constantly sheds and flakes off requiring the regeneration of new skin. Once a human is skinned, it looses it regenerative property, so said relationship of the Horsehide means it's inheriting an even shorter lifespan.

Famous cows:
Mini Moo - Disneyland. You will also recall the well famed California cows that current run advertisements about their booming company. Here is some additional sources on enterprising bovine: https://www.americandairy.com/dairy-farms/dairy-cows/famous-cows-of-the-world.stml#:~:text=Minnie Moo: A famous Holstein,educational cow at the Pa.
Please note their prominancy in show biz, owing to their thick skin, so to speak.
037d5fb8bc85fd9a996bd18570424c7f.jpg

miggyramone

Reaction score
I have nothing to add other than my old boot jack has scared and scuffed many of boots. My HH SJs though? Nope. The counter is still smooth and prestine.

Woodtroll

Reaction score
Ugh! I've been waiting right at 8 weeks now for a fairly plain set of brown roughout smokejumpers ordered 20 June. They shipped on the 7th, have always been due to deliver tomorrow (I even got an email today that "You have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow"), but the last tracking on the shipment was on the 8th in Portland. Huh?

UPS just now updated my tracking to say, "Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery", AFTER they tell me the shipment is arriving tomorrow. So I have no idea where the boots are, just somewhere east of Portland (hopefully, maybe...). I guess they're stuck in the Midwest with the derecho damage.

All my other purchases from Baker's have come Fedex, so it was just my bad luck that they used UPS this time I guess. I have other boots so this is not a crisis, but I just want to say that UPS can go pound sand for their terrible accountability and tracking system! :angry:

Sledge42

Reaction score
Y'all are making me hopeful that my Black Elk Tan BH's may be heading out the door soon! *Crosses Fingers*

Netvine

Reaction score
Ugh! I've been waiting right at 8 weeks now for a fairly plain set of brown roughout smokejumpers ordered 20 June. They shipped on the 7th, have always been due to deliver tomorrow (I even got an email today that "You have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow"), but the last tracking on the shipment was on the 8th in Portland. Huh?

UPS just now updated my tracking to say, "Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery", AFTER they tell me the shipment is arriving tomorrow. So I have no idea where the boots are, just somewhere east of Portland (hopefully, maybe...). I guess they're stuck in the Midwest with the derecho damage.

All my other purchases from Baker's have come Fedex, so it was just my bad luck that they used UPS this time I guess. I have other boots so this is not a crisis, but I just want to say that UPS can go pound sand for their terrible accountability and tracking system! :angry:
We have been having a lot of trouble in northern cal receiving packages via usps, ups and fedex that are moved through Portland Gresham. Its been going on for a couple of weeks now. Its all been delayed at least a couple of days with no accurate updates... Those riots arent helping. Stuff being routed through Roseburg and Medford have been arriving on time. Fedex has been giving me a ton delivery exceptions with no reason given.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I ordered Wesco’s in Baker’s mid-April sale. I’m still patiently waiting.

Woodtroll

Reaction score
We have been having a lot of trouble in northern cal receiving packages via usps, ups and fedex that are moved through Portland Gresham. Its been going on for a couple of weeks now. Its all been delayed at least a couple of days with no accurate updates... Those riots arent helping. Stuff being routed through Roseburg and Medford have been arriving on time. Fedex has been giving me a ton delivery exceptions with no reason given.

Thanks for the info, Netvine. That makes more sense than blaming it on "severe weather" in Portland.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads