• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sledge42

Reaction score
I just got my first shipping notification from Bakers! It seems only one of the boots is shipping but I'll take it!

Meanwhile I'm over here like..... wait is that my phone email notification?... crap.. more spam..

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile I'm over here like..... wait is that my phone email notification?... crap.. more spam..

Ha! I changed the order from waxed olive to natural so let's see if it actually changed.

No sign of the HH yet.

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
Swing Last

Another beautiful pair by the fine craftspeople up in Spokane!

9338, Swing Last
- Custom Last
Elk Tan
Unlined
10"
Oxi eyes and hooks, with hooks to the top
Medallion cap
Unstructured toe
Mini-vibram 430 sole & Quabag heel

On my first Swing pair I had the toe area modified a bit. On these, I asked that the starboard heel side be shaved down a size. My theory was the mod would secure my foot and possibly slightly pivot my foot away from my big toe, which is the problem for me. After wearing them now for a few days I can say that it worked splendidly. I'm entirely happy with these.

I learned from this that for my foot, extra heel room is likely a component of my shoe/boot fit problem all along. My forefoot suggests a size wider than my heel.
The talk on this thread of combo-lasts gave me the idea. Thank you gentlemen.

I do have a worry though... What leather for my next pair.

Photos taken right out of the box:

IMG_0903.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

klank74

Reaction score
Swing Last

9338, Swing Last
- Custom Last
Elk Tan
Unlined
10"
Medallion cap
Unstructured toe

On my first Swing pair I had the toe area modified a bit. On these, I asked that the starboard heel side be shaved down a size. My theory was the mod would secure my foot and possibly slightly pivot my foot away from my big toe, which is the problem for me. After wearing them now for a few days I can say that it worked splendidly. I'm entirely happy with these.

I learned from this that for my foot, extra heel room is likely a component of my shoe/boot fit problem all along. My forefoot suggests a size wider than my heel.

View attachment 1397651
View attachment 1397657
View attachment 1397648

View attachment 1397649
Those look awesome! I'm really interested to see how that elk tan ages.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
10"
Medallion cap
Unstructured toe

Killer pair with a lot of my favorite custom options, especially the unstructured toe.

After wearing them now for a few days I can say that it worked splendidly. I'm entirely happy with these.

And this right here, this is what it's all about

iamntbatman

Reaction score
That elk tan looks awesome. Saw some on Japanese IG in that leather recently and loved it there, too. Looks like it should scuff to an even lighter color than the brown dress, so potentially even more patina potential.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
I just got my first shipping notification from Bakers! It seems only one of the boots is shipping but I'll take it!
Nice! I just received my custom HH semi dress makeup from an order I placed on 4/23. Second order was on 4/26 so hopefully the other pair will show up in the next week or two.

Sledge42

Reaction score
Swing Last

9338, Swing Last
- Custom Last
Elk Tan
Unlined
10"
Medallion cap
Unstructured toe

View attachment 1397651
View attachment 1397657
View attachment 1397648

View attachment 1397649
You are going to fall in Love with that Elk Tan.....
images.jpeg

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
How thick is the Elk Tan? I wonder if they could select a thicker portion of the hide on request. I wouldnt mind getting a pair in it & see if they can find a section closer to 7/8oz work leather (if it even gets that thick?).

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How thick is the Elk Tan? I wonder if they could select a thicker portion of the hide on request. I wouldnt mind getting a pair in it & see if they can find a section closer to 7/8oz work leather (if it even gets that thick?).
Not sure about ounces but it’s heavier than brown dress.

klank74

Reaction score
does anyone have pics of elk tan with some wear on it? I really like the look of it when new, but curious how its going to age. Getting ready to order my first pair of whites and had my heart set on brown dress, but now I'm giving elk tan some serious thought.

Phalanx

Reaction score
Loving that Elk tan leather; is it actually black? It looks very black or nearish brown dress.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads