• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These came in the mail today
7 inch olive waxed flesh
Composition half sole
Closed stitching
Brown dress leather tongue.

Ordered April 30th received may 15th, feels like record timing.

here are some pictures
With flash: View attachment 1389658
Without flash:
View attachment 1389659
Along with my other 2 pairs of bounty hunters: View attachment 1389663
Olive waxed flesh, 8 inch brown horsehide, 7 inch brown bison.

I just went back and checked my orders, one was on April 16 and the other April 24. What gives? Still no boots.

miggyramone

Reaction score
How have your feet changed with age? Have you been forced to get your boots rebuilt to accommodate the change?

I feel like my feet have gotten wider. I find this odd. I know it comes with age but I'm only 32.

Sledge42

Reaction score
I just went back and checked my orders, one was on April 16 and the other April 24. What gives? Still no boots.
I ordered two pair, also on the 16th. I am patient though. Quality (and a hopeful flood of orders that day/week) take time.
I have no place to wear them right now anyway. Ha!!

Jsanchez

Reaction score
My mistake, I whent back on the site and saw that my order was on April 20th, the 30th was a random circle on my calendar, these days the days run into each other. I apologize for any raised false hopes. Three and a half weeks is still record time for a white's delivery. Six to eight weeks has been my experience.

miggyramone

Reaction score
I placed an order on the 18th of April. I figured there might be a delay since it looks like there was a flood of orders due to Baker's sale. I don't mind the wait.

montanamike

Reaction score
How have your feet changed with age? Have you been forced to get your boots rebuilt to accommodate the change?

I feel like my feet have gotten wider. I find this odd. I know it comes with age but I'm only 32.

I am transitioning to a 13ee from 13d. I supposed like most change its incremental but I am moving on from my Iron Rangers and my old Whites Centennial walkers size 13d as they have gotten a tad too narrow.

Sledge42

Reaction score

Well I'm 43 and have always been a 12D on a Brannock.
In a White's 55, I'm an 11.5E
On a Redwing 8 last, I was an 11D, but they pinched a bit, yet an 11.5D felt like I had rubber boots on (sloshy)

So I think it depends on the maker, the last etc.
I'm not sure if my feet are widening or not. I still go to find sneakers in a 12D.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

30 years ago I was wearing Doc Martins in comfort. Ten years ago I grew into EE. Now I’m an EEE.

montanamike

Reaction score
30 years ago I was wearing Doc Martins in comfort. Ten years ago I grew into EE. Now I’m an EEE.

I just tossed my last pair of Doc Martens circa 1991 two days ago. They were still comfortable for about 2 minutes. Two pair of 13EE Whites in process to replace them which I think quite an upgrade.

miggyramone

Reaction score
I just tossed my last pair of Doc Martens circa 1991 two days ago. They were still comfortable for about 2 minutes. Two pair of 13EE Whites in process to replace them which I think quite an upgrade.
This is pretty much my story. 10 years ago I was wearing Docs in a 9. Then Red Wings in a 9 EE, now White's in a 9.5 EEE and I feel like those can be tight on the sides in 55, 4811, and 38 Swing. I hate my feet haha.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
@sledge - my sizing mirrors your experience. 1/2 a size smaller & a size wider than Brannock.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm turning 40 this year. When can I expect my feet to widen? What is a good footbinding technique to mitigate this?

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm turning 40 this year. When can I expect my feet to widen? What is a good footbinding technique to mitigate this?

@Patek at 12:01 am on his birthday

1589926887706.gif

Netvine

Reaction score
I an very fond my foot fitter brand boot stretcher. I have used it with brown smoothoil tanned and black dress. That is, if you have an unstructered flat toe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads