• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
@ThreeLions - yep, +1/4” heel. Stacks on stacks

@giantslor - Brown Smooth upper & Brown R/O lower

These boots were size 12E with steel toes. They’re now 12D with unstructured toe box.

I need to hit those uppers with some VSC soon.
69CD4056-6352-4A15-9843-4A4D8CF2CE2A.jpeg

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long-time admirer... first pair of White’s. My father wore Smokejumpers for years as a wildland firefighter in Southern California (and all over the world). He swore by them and still does, years into retirement. Since my line of work doesn’t call for such drastic boots, a pair of MP boots seemed like a decent first option.

It is hard to overstate how amazing these look, feel, and smell in person. They seem superior to my Nicks Robert boot in several ways, and blow my AE Higgins Mills out of the water! Bone stock MP-M1TC in Cinnamon Waxed. (Looks more red in person)
0970183D-FF77-4503-8361-A1153FDD0A07.jpeg 12A9572D-99B9-41E6-A1CB-5E3FE7F55A5C.jpeg

Guessing on my sizing I fear I may have missed the mark. I measure around 11D on the Brannock and opted for a size 10D in the MP/Barrie last hoping for a snug but comfortable fit. The fit is awesome everywhere except the toes where it feels quite cramped with zero room for toe splay. The length seems fine and the heel fit is excellent, but I want to make sure these are 100% right for the investment made. I have gotten in touch with White’s but would be open to getting some second opinions.

Here are overhead shots of where the ball of the foot lands. Left foot is slightly shorter. The Barrie actually feels narrower here than I remember on some Alden Indy’s I have tried, and it seems my mid-foot is overhanging the insole by a little bit which leads me to think I may need a wider width.

9569B527-EBBD-49E7-A626-256D30264B83.jpeg 09FB5771-C100-4D8E-AAA7-7085603D634F.jpeg

Based on the feel, I am not sure if a 10EE wouldn’t be better, or perhaps 10D. Or maybe I just need to grin and bear it, hoping the toes will loosen up! Feedback welcome.

wordfool

Reaction score
As a followup to my posts a few week back about a new pair of Semi Dress that had some "freaking terrible" (Kyle's words, not mine) welt stitching/finishing on one boot I wanted to thank both Kyle at Bakers and everyone at White's (with a special shout out to @sambam) for rushing me a new pair in under two weeks -- impressive considering the challenging conditions they're no doubt working under right now. The new pair look great and are already strapped to my feet!

I see some Bounty Hunters or MPs in my future

sambam

Reaction score
As a followup to my posts a few week back about a new pair of Semi Dress that had some "freaking terrible" (Kyle's words, not mine) welt stitching/finishing on one boot I wanted to thank both Kyle at Bakers and everyone at White's (with a special shout out to @sambam) for rushing me a new pair in under two weeks -- impressive considering the challenging conditions they're no doubt working under right now. The new pair look great and are already strapped to my feet!

I see some Bounty Hunters or MPs in my future
Thanks for giving us the chance to make it right. Glad you like them. They did turn out really good.

chicken1616

Reaction score
Long-time admirer... first pair of White’s. My father wore Smokejumpers for years as a wildland firefighter in Southern California (and all over the world). He swore by them and still does, years into retirement. Since my line of work doesn’t call for such drastic boots, a pair of MP boots seemed like a decent first option.

It is hard to overstate how amazing these look, feel, and smell in person. They seem superior to my Nicks Robert boot in several ways, and blow my AE Higgins Mills out of the water! Bone stock MP-M1TC in Cinnamon Waxed. (Looks more red in person)
View attachment 1364613 View attachment 1364614

Guessing on my sizing I fear I may have missed the mark. I measure around 11D on the Brannock and opted for a size 10D in the MP/Barrie last hoping for a snug but comfortable fit. The fit is awesome everywhere except the toes where it feels quite cramped with zero room for toe splay. The length seems fine and the heel fit is excellent, but I want to make sure these are 100% right for the investment made. I have gotten in touch with White’s but would be open to getting some second opinions.

Here are overhead shots of where the ball of the foot lands. Left foot is slightly shorter. The Barrie actually feels narrower here than I remember on some Alden Indy’s I have tried, and it seems my mid-foot is overhanging the insole by a little bit which leads me to think I may need a wider width.

Based on the feel, I am not sure if a 10EE wouldn’t be better, or perhaps 10D. Or maybe I just need to grin and bear it, hoping the toes will loosen up! Feedback welcome.
If you can, exchange for 10EE.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hoppy_IPA I know you said your Distressed has been pliable and comfortable but I'm curious on your thoughts on how much elasticity you think it has. I have been trying to break mine in but am having ongoing issues. If I get it to give in one area, it feels super tight somewhere else.

miggyramone

Reaction score
Can I see some of Yale's brown bison boots? This leather is really interesting to me. it looks textured in some spots and smooth in others.

andy b.

Reaction score
@hoppy_IPA I know you said your Distressed has been pliable and comfortable but I'm curious on your thoughts on how much elasticity you think it has. I have been trying to break mine in but am having ongoing issues. If I get it to give in one area, it feels super tight somewhere else.

I received my Distressed RO SJs almost two months ago and while the leather was soft and pliable out of the box, I can't say it stretches very much.

wordfool

Reaction score
I'm curious how Bison leather stacks up against some of the more "regular" leathers in terms of thickness, toughness, flexibility etc. It certainly looks nice.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't advise it as a work boot leather, but it's tough enough to handle whatever "normal"/casual use situations could throw at it. It's plenty thick as well and immediately flexible and comfortable out of the box

LeviMay

Reaction score
Any of you gents have any IRL pics of the Stockmans (Stockmen?)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads