• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
^i spoke to White’s repair department near the beginning of the month. the 50/50 is a closer to a rumor than a reality at this point from what they said.
of course we all know it’s in the works so this is just a point of reference.

edit: the lasts are on order so it’s a matter of time not IF

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage in my shell color #8s today View attachment 1342044
I was wondering when you would break those out! I was half hoping you would offer to pass them along to a lucky SF member who also wears 10D.

Wow, now I feel so enlightened re: cubans. Before this discussion I was leaning mainly this way in my thinking...

E155942F-95A7-4AA5-B988-B7749598E98D.jpeg
Imagine now that the piece of bread on top represents the midsole, the bread on bottom the Quabaug top lift, and the sliced meats the stacked heel block.

I am forever ruined.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
I heard from Kyle's brother at Baker's when I went and got fitted last month (can't remember his name for the life of me) that Baker's is looking into making a special collab w/ white's including a split Dr. Sole's Raw Cord sole on an Semi Dress. Thought it sounded pretty sweet but I don't recall reading anything here. Has anyone else heard about this?

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering when you would break those out! I was half hoping you would offer to pass them along to a lucky SF member who also wears 10D.

Wow, now I feel so enlightened re: cubans. Before this discussion I was leaning mainly this way in my thinking...

Imagine now that the piece of bread on top represents the midsole, the bread on bottom the Quabaug top lift, and the sliced meats the stacked heel block.

I am forever ruined.

I may yet! Nothing against the boot, loved the one time I wore it, but I may go for Viberg shell in it's place

Turns31

Reaction score
Anyone with MPs and Main Streets or Ottos? Do you take the same size in both? Hearing folks say the MPs fit a little wider than Main Streets.

miggyramone

Reaction score
I heard from Kyle's brother at Baker's when I went and got fitted last month (can't remember his name for the life of me) that Baker's is looking into making a special collab w/ white's including a split Dr. Sole's Raw Cord sole on an Semi Dress. Thought it sounded pretty sweet but I don't recall reading anything here. Has anyone else heard about this?
That would be cool. I saw a similar collab recently online...

redbaron1980

Reaction score
Anyone with MPs and Main Streets or Ottos? Do you take the same size in both? Hearing folks say the MPs fit a little wider than Main Streets.

I've got both, but I went with different widths from one to the other. I started with MPs in a C width, which is what I was sized for. Break in was pretty rough, especially for my right foot. I was getting some bad pressure on the knuckle of my right pinkie toe. I stuck with them and they're now very comfortable, but across the toes on my right foot they're still a little more snug than I prefer.

I went with a D width on my Main Streets and I don't have the same issue. They're pretty roomy across the toes, and feel like they're breaking in nicely. If you like how your Main Streets fit, then I'd stick with the same size for the MPs. If, like me, you had a little trouble, going up a width seems to do the trick

Elk Wrath

Reaction score
I just walked out of the store with those boots on my feet.

Went in to square away my bounty hunter order and get properly fitted, they cut me a slamming deal on the brown rough out MP’s.

I couldn't resist the buy.

looks like 6-8 weeks lead on my British Tan bounty hunters.

Thanks for all of the info in this mega thread, can’t wait to post the BH’s when they arrive!

Attachments

• 40CA3143-2626-40A9-8292-691396602DCB.jpeg
    40CA3143-2626-40A9-8292-691396602DCB.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 223

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just walked out of the store with those boots on my feet.

Went in to square away my bounty hunter order and get properly fitted, they cut me a slamming deal on the brown rough out MP’s.

I couldn't resist the buy.

looks like 6-8 weeks lead on my British Tan bounty hunters.

Thanks for all of the info in this mega thread, can’t wait to post the BH’s when they arrive!
Nice!

Ice Bear

Reaction score
How does White's identify seconds on the boot? For example, Red Wing punches a hole in the tongue.

Perfectcircles

Reaction score
I recently fitted for white's boots and found that my heels are loose (very loose) for the correct length and width. Do you guys have any experience with this and if so how was it handled? I was told that I could have the heel lasted tighter (without a last modification or adjustment) or have the last modified (Extra cost).

Is there any way to have the heels tightened apart from the two options mentioned?

TIA

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads