• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@discomute There has to be a tack or saddle shop somewhere in AUS, they would likely have the products you need. Or Tandy Leather has a shop in Minto, AUS, they 100% have it and many other products you may be interested in... For applicators - truly a specialized product here - cotton swabs.

dogman2377

Reaction score
Happy Day! Both pair of Black Friday boots have arrived. Inside pix due to rain, gloom and dark midwest but couldn't be more thrilled. Thanks to Bakers..Brandon/Kyle & team and the folks over at Whites for sure. This thread was immensely helpful picking what I wanted and avoiding traps.

Both like butta...and Legal Eagle, the smell is great too as have inhaled all 4!

Both are 8' SJ on the 461...many here like the 5/6" but I like a boot to feel like one.

Both standard heels, single sole 430's, rolled top and cap toes
The brown is Dark Brown FC toes, counter and back/Almond FC on the rest..Kyle said the tan was out and I like it.
The black is also FC all over except adding the WB vamp for some difference and interesting wrinkles...

These wont see hard duty so will put a shine on them after some break in but both fit ideal as is to me.

Off to lace and wear em! Enjoy the weekend all

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 170

discomute

Reaction score
One quick polite request from myself to all on here... There seems to be a culture of listing the specs of the boot you have ordered once you have ordered it, then once the boots arrive just post some photos "my boots have arrived".

Of course there end up being pages of posts between the two... it makes it difficult to use the search function!

Whilst I wouldn't want to dissuade anyone from posting the posting what they wanted then they order, it would be great if people posted their exact specs with their initial photos

PS. Even if I did this with mine

dogman2377

Reaction score
One quick polite request from myself to all on here... There seems to be a culture of listing the specs of the boot you have ordered once you have ordered it, then once the boots arrive just post some photos "my boots have arrived".

Of course there end up being pages of posts between the two... it makes it difficult to use the search function!

Whilst I wouldn't want to dissuade anyone from posting the posting what they wanted then they order, it would be great if people posted their exact specs with their initial photos

PS. Even if I did this with mine
Hey discommute...is there a spec you wanted that i failed to list for you?
Obviously didn't want to create a format faux paux so soon after committing a punctuation error.

discomute

Reaction score
Hey discommute...is there a spec you wanted that i failed to list for you?
Obviously didn't want to create a format faux paux so soon after committing a punctuation error.

No, I had intentionally waited until someone had posted pictures with specs so it didn't seem like I was 'telling someone off' at anyone. I'm using you as a model to emulate here :)

miggyramone

Reaction score
Yessssss my Natty CXL SDs shipped! This will be my first pair of Natural CXL anything. I am so freaking excited. They are on the 38 Swing last with a cap toe and half Vibram comp sole. Nothing special to most but amazing to me. Fingers crossed the build and last all match up this time!

dogman2377

Reaction score
No, I had intentionally waited until someone had posted pictures with specs so it didn't seem like I was 'telling someone off' at anyone. I'm using you as a model to emulate here :)
No worries...although I did forget to mention that I upgraded (?) to the black technora thread for the black pair. There was an upcharge but like it better than white threading as just to militant looking.

The FC is very supple and comfortable out of the box and rotating from black to brown today. Great fit but do admit to some ache in my arches, otherwise good to go.

discomute

Reaction score
No worries...although I did forget to mention that I upgraded (?) to the black technora thread for the black pair. There was an upcharge but like it better than white threading as just to militant looking.

Oh my yes I am interested in that. Was that through Baker's and not White's? Can we get a snap?

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
stepped onto a Brannock device tonight. Would you guys call these measurements a 12.5C ??

My 11.5D SD’s & BH’s in soft toe fit perfect. 12E for steel toe on 55 last.

02A8286C-1C86-4F1F-8FD0-976396ACD3C7.jpeg

B1F6814F-A05A-4468-BE2C-AC3926B4F55D.jpeg

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stepped onto a Brannock device tonight. Would you guys call these measurements a 12.5C ??

My 11.5D SD’s & BH’s in soft toe fit perfect. 12E for steel toe on 55 last.

View attachment 1324427

View attachment 1324426
That is how I read it... your arch length is identical to your actual foot length, which is nice. I have always sized down one length from my Brannock when sizing for White's... the width is a crapshoot given my duck feet, and depends on the last... looks like sizing down one length worked for you as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads