• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phalanx

Reaction score
I think the weight is one of the things i worry about; the boots easily exceed 1kg each when hitting size 13.

John Frum

Reaction score
That's true, although I can tell the difference in weight between the 6 inch BHs ad tbe 5 inch SD.

My 12EEE Alden Indys feel like slippers in comparison.

chicken1616

Reaction score
image.jpg

discomute

Reaction score
Styleforum doesn't issue feelings to us FNG #38 Lasters.
View attachment 1263582

I've seen plenty of soft toe's posted here, generally fresh out of the box, but I haven't seen this sort of indentation.

Is:
a) these indentations are an exception,
b) photos straight out of the box hide what happens without a cellastic toe, or
c) other?

Woodtroll

Reaction score
White's Hathorn 208MV Packers

Thank you.

I think that is going to be my next purchase; I can't decide between the 690 and 55 last. It looks like White's lists this boot as their "Stockman" 208MV, but Baker's lists it as "Hathorn Ranch Packer by Whites, 208MV". I assume they are the same boot (?).

It looks like your toes have held their structure well; do your boots have the celastic toe?I have a pair of well-worn 690 packers that the toe box is now almost completely flat down on my toes.

John Frum

Reaction score
@discomute

My toes stick up and the leather sort of formed and creased around them, and I'd bet each man's foot would create different creasing in different leathers. YMMV would apply here.

John Frum

Reaction score
@discomute
Another thing, my foot geometry is not typical. I had to go with a last and size to accomodate freak toe shape/splay that isnt symmetrical to the last vs. the shape of my foot excepting the toes. I think the creasing is atypical. I hope this makes sense.
I looked at pics of every pair of White's available. Here, AAAC, Reddit, Ironheart... I agree with you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads